Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Maybe that's why Wizard's Foot/ Falcon Kick gives an extra midair jump...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:24 Aug02 2005 Post ID: 310671
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The use of it for recovering sucks shitsuu.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nevake Posted at: 17:55 Aug02 2005 Post ID: 310760
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It is ONLY used for recovering, and your right, it does suck as a move over all, I much prefer is uair for a spike.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:28 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 312863
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
...Or, approach a hurting foe on the ground from the air and use dair, and they wil fly right off the ground with no question in respect to the vulernability they have then if they AREN'T KO'ed. THAT'S when you go in and sock them with uair.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 15:58 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313167
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
only prob is that dair isn't easy to land. it's kinda slow and lacks lateral range, making it pretty easy to punish by maneuvering/shieldgrabbing/whatever.

however, if ganon does land the attack he gets a free 22% plus the aerial of his choice - 40% in just two hits! that's one of the things i like about ganon - his combos don't go beyond three or four hits but they do immense damage in the process.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 19:19 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313505
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, the end of the u-air animation spikes semi-downwards darkboarder_77....It can be used for edgeguarding more than for ending combos.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:54 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313765
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
for falcon it's even better at *starting* combos. for ganon, it's a nice fast aerial attack with range and edge-guarding capabilities.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 23:11 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313976
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
For falcon, but it can't edgeguard like ganon's :*
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 00:13 Aug04 2005 Post ID: 314092
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
it can actually
nevake Posted at: 00:56 Aug04 2005 Post ID: 314151
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Really? I don't think the knockback is as high with falcon...
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 01:23 Aug04 2005 Post ID: 314176
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
the knockback is not as far down but moreso horzontally if i recall correctly. doesn't have as much range as ganon's, but still useful.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:22 Aug05 2005 Post ID: 317422
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 03-Aug-2005 nevake said:No, the end of the u-air animation spikes semi-downwards darkboarder_77....It can be used for edgeguarding more than for ending combos.
I was referring on the updraft, you bobby, You dair a grounded foe, then hit them with a middle-struck sequence of his uair. Or use his upB.

nevake Posted at: 18:45 Aug05 2005 Post ID: 318085
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Use his up-b? -_- ....well I was referring to uair being able to semispike instead of finishing combos as its strong point, and there are better combo finishing options.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 12:23 Aug06 2005 Post ID: 319995
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I was referring to an upward spike as opposed to a ground-bound strike. I'm talking about landing a star KO. Or, a Foresight KO, where the foe slams into the camera, then falls to his death.

nevake Posted at: 17:17 Aug06 2005 Post ID: 320819
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ok, but the reason why I said I prefer uair over d-b, was because of its semi-spike property. That's it. Uair killing vertically means the foe is at a really high damage, in which he could have been killed by an fair or something else long ago.
ritt.no-ip.com
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close