Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Things different from the old SSB to SSBM

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Joshgt3 Posted at: 13:11 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 312544
Joshgt3
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Captain Falcon's hard A move fire he did a fire kick. I wish that move was still on him

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:31 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 312874
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
SSB... No left/right special attacks, SUCKY GRAPHICS, Mario's fsmash was a punch instead of a fireburst, less characters, less stages, bad voiceovers...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

nintendo_dude Posted at: 15:25 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313109
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I've only played that game a few times but it's nowhere near as good as this little beauty.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 15:56 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313164
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
1.) Everything.

>.> Really, they're nothing alike.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 16:01 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313172
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
one difference that's quite a lot of fun is that z-cancelling in ssb (basically l-cancelling, but with the z button) removes ALL lag, making the game quite fastpaced! just watch ness w/ his djc: he can do like seven dairs a second!
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
Joshgt3 Posted at: 16:51 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313248
Joshgt3
+
+
I'm not asking on the difference between the 2 in graphic and what not. I think that SSBM is alot better than the original, but I think that moves like Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch when it actually shows a falcon instead of just a bunch of fire, Captain Falcon's fire kick (not the Falcon Kick), and Mario's hard punch instead of his fire punch just to name a few should be in SSBM. I know SSBM is better but I think that some of the old things would be alot better than the new one's

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
XIF Posted at: 17:53 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313376
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
falcon's falcon punch still shows a falcon, you blind son?

there are more things different than similar, so its pretty pointless to try to find out everything they changed. It really is almost everything, as toby said.
nevake Posted at: 19:22 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313512
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'll keep editting this post for more character specific changes.

C. Falcon Differences: Different d-smash, different f-smash, his nair was his fair in ssb, he had a sexkick as his nair in ssb. I think his falcon kick had more knockback in ssb. I don't think he fastfalls as much in ssb. Has 2 taunts in ssbm.

Link: Had worse recovery in ssb, boomerang could only be thrown in 1 direction and didn't change knockback due to distance. Bombs more powerful (I think). F-Smash like marth's sort of in ssb. I'm not sure about his bair and nair, I can't remember...His up-B couldn't semi-spike. Different taunt. Can block things by standing still with shield in ssbm. Less laggy throw in ssb.

Kirby: Better spikes (dair and u-b), fair was a horizontal drill, uair was his ssbm nair. Rock can't change, can walk while using b.
ritt.no-ip.com
nevake Posted at: 20:36 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313632
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It was a good game back then, but ssbm beats it by a lot in terms of depth. The other game was more reliant on throws as well for killing, not comboing.
ritt.no-ip.com
bleepman Posted at: 20:49 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313650
bleepman
Forum GuestMember
+
+
okay... huge difference... kirby was awesome in the original gamel and majorly sucked in ssbm >.< or is it just me?
http://www.forumsvibe.com - Start Your Own Free Forum There!
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:46 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313745
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lol, kirby got nerfed. ssb was like hal favoritism time, and then hal decided "we no longer like our game series" and put only kirby from the kirby games (no metaknight) and only ness from the mother series (lol pokey), and nerfed them.

btw isai likes ssb better than he likes ssbm ^^ and he's effing scary at ssb. he'll take like 30% in a 6-stock match and make his foes look like n-gages or something
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
Joshgt3 Posted at: 10:02 Aug04 2005 Post ID: 314721
Joshgt3
+
+
I know there is a falcon in the falcon's punch in ssbm, but it is not as.... showing as the one in the original ssb.

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
game_mario Posted at: 08:54 Aug07 2005 Post ID: 322092
game_mario
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I think they should have kept the Mushroom kingdom as a past stage. Teleporting in the pipes was cool, along with the occaisional Piranha Plant. << I think I spelled it wrong.
It's been a while, hasn't it?
Joshgt3 Posted at: 06:55 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 324263
Joshgt3
+
+
Ya, the pipes were cool to go though

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 09:31 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 324421
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I play Isai on Kailera Client. He's a monster. >_<

And what do you mean boomerang can only be thrown in one direction? I was pretty sure you can still angle it out. Link's bair and nair are still the same.

Throws are also overpowered. It can KO a person at about 100%.

Jigglypuff pretty much had the same movelist, sans Rollout. Her bair has a longer range in SSBM, and her jumps start to fail as you use it in SSB. You can still angle her pound, but she doesn't have the same aerial movement as she did in SSBM. Actually, Kirby did more so than Jiggz did.

With Fox, you can't jump out of his shine, but you can still shine spike with him if you use it as an edgeguard. He has a different u-tilt, f-smash, and fair. He's also heavier in SSB. Lasers in SSB are similar to Falco's in SSBM.

There's no walltechs/rooftechs in the game, so if you end up bouncing around the walls, you're vulnerable to attack.

You can use Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch as a recovery move, since it's actually somewhat quick to execute and it "pushes" him forward. Unlike SSBM, he doesn't regain his ability to jump after a Falcon Kick.
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 09:33 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 324422
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 04-Aug-2005 Joshgt3 said:I know there is a falcon in the falcon's punch in ssbm, but it is not as.... showing as the one in the original ssb.
The falcon looks more like a phoenix, and you can even hear it screech if you listen closely enough.
Joshgt3 Posted at: 09:38 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 324435
Joshgt3
+
+
I didn't know it made a noise..... i have to watch that then

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 23:12 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 326567
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 08-Aug-2005 WarriorofZarona said:I play Isai on Kailera Client. He's a monster. >_<

And what do you mean boomerang can only be thrown in one direction? I was pretty sure you can still angle it out. Link's bair and nair are still the same.

Throws are also overpowered. It can KO a person at about 100%.

Jigglypuff pretty much had the same movelist, sans Rollout. Her bair has a longer range in SSBM, and her jumps start to fail as you use it in SSB. You can still angle her pound, but she doesn't have the same aerial movement as she did in SSBM. Actually, Kirby did more so than Jiggz did.

With Fox, you can't jump out of his shine, but you can still shine spike with him if you use it as an edgeguard. He has a different u-tilt, f-smash, and fair. He's also heavier in SSB. Lasers in SSB are similar to Falco's in SSBM.

There's no walltechs/rooftechs in the game, so if you end up bouncing around the walls, you're vulnerable to attack.

You can use Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch as a recovery move, since it's actually somewhat quick to execute and it "pushes" him forward. Unlike SSBM, he doesn't regain his ability to jump after a Falcon Kick.
you can't jump cancel the shine, but you can do something similar - jump and then shine. upon landing shine ends without any lag Smile
Joshgt3 Posted at: 12:54 Aug09 2005 Post ID: 328094
Joshgt3
+
+
I noticed alot of things different today while playing SSBM and looking at the changes they should have kept from SSB
1. When DK is in the air and you do his forward attack, in SSBM it takes so much longer and the power has been greatly decreased from SSB.
2. On Mario and Dr. Mario, in the air doing there forward attack, it is much better the way it was in SSB where it was something quick. Now it is something a bit more powerful but hard to time corectly.

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
krazyzyko Posted at: 13:23 Aug11 2005 Post ID: 333607
krazyzyko
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The Differences are:
1.personal character intros
2.graphics(duh)
3.mid-air dodge
4.sound effects
5.settings
6.speed
7.compass tosser throws
8.taunts
9.items
10.B forward attacks
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close