Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

I need a highly instructional video on Super Wavedashing...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:36 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 348971
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I watched that Perfect control video... how did that Samus suddenly slide across the screen like that so suddenly? I mean, I can't even come close to making the first half, making the Morph Ball warp any distance, and I've tried everything, and now I also need to know how to slide across the stage like that...

I NEED A VIDEO FOR THIS!
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nevake Posted at: 16:13 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349085
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It just takes timing. You can't do it on the first try every time. It's impossible for anyone to do that. It is unimportant and you don't need to apply it to your gameplay.
ritt.no-ip.com
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 16:14 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349087
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The most I can do is twice in a row. >_>
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:15 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349093
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 17-Aug-2005 nevake said:It just takes timing. You can't do it on the first try every time. It's impossible for anyone to do that. It is unimportant and you don't need to apply it to your gameplay.
Not important, yeah right, look at all of the success that guy pulled off in that movie! Imagine what you could do with that! And besides, I wanna be able to impress others at a tournament with it!!!
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

WarriorofZarona Posted at: 16:22 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349113
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
All I can tell you is to practice it. If you're in a match, attempt to do it after you kill someone. Personally, it's something Wes and I do in case it works:

Charge up your beam, face away, Superwavedash behind your opponent, fire your charge shot.

Works real effectively.
nevake Posted at: 16:23 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349116
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It's not exactly important, as Wes uses occasionally, but do you see what he does with it? Nothing. He doesn't use it for anything except retreat or something. What success? running away? yea.
ritt.no-ip.com
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 16:34 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349142
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
*points to his post where Wes does something with it*

>_>
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:41 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349152
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 17-Aug-2005 nevake said:It's not exactly important, as Wes uses occasionally, but do you see what he does with it? Nothing. He doesn't use it for anything except retreat or something. What success? running away? yea.
Just because Wes used it stupidly doesn't need to mean I can't have fun with it and use it to my own advantage...

Now then, here's how I get it:

1. Drop Bomb
2. Tilt in one direction
3. The INSTANT you hit the ground, TILT in the other direction
4. ??? (Like, how do I slide like that along the ground while not in ball form?)

nevake Posted at: 17:30 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349257
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That's exactly right. Just you have to press it on the 41st/43rd or something like that frame after dropping the bomb.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 12:10 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 350693
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Okay, I practiced last night, and I got the Morph Ball to warp a small distance across the field. But I couldn't get myself to slide along the ground afterwards.

ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 10:36 Oct21 2005 Post ID: 479253
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm amazing at Wavedashing. I can get it in when i want. Doesn't matter if i'm useing it to back up or go forward. I guess it has a lot to do with the Character though. Roy and Marth are awesome characters to perform it with. Luigi is by far the greatest wave dasher in the game, but it takes less skill to perform his. If you want to master it i suggest practicing with one of the Fire Emblem characters. If you're avid enough, it should only take you a few days. And going to the top where Nevake said it doesn't apply to your gameplay LOL Obviously you haven't played someone like me. If it wasn't for the Wavedash my style wouldn't be half as good. It's the perfect psyche, and it's perfect to use as a false retreat into a quick attack! I recommend all serious Smash players learn to Wavedash, it'll advance you to the next stage.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 14:47 Oct21 2005 Post ID: 479482
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
ProRoyPalyer: please stop saying you're amazing, I bet you'd barely pass as a rookie. Unless you have evidence to proove how good you are I will consider you a complete liar who needs atention.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 20:15 Oct22 2005 Post ID: 482294
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Believe what you want Nintendo_Dude. I have no problem with what you think. To those of you who admire my post and wish to better your gamimg because of it. I assure you, you'll become a lot better. As for me getting proof? Sure, if you want it, i'll give it to you. [email protected] (See i'm no bluff;))
TheEmptyPage Posted at: 21:58 Oct22 2005 Post ID: 482491
TheEmptyPage
Forum GuestMember
+
+
and btw, wavedashing and superwavedashing =/= same thign LEARN YOUSELF SOME STUFF

only samus can super wavedash, and also, marth has one of the easiest wavedashes int he game if you truly wished to "master waveashing" as you speak, try someoen quick like fox

also, Roy: where do you live?
ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 22:17 Oct22 2005 Post ID: 482522
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Obviously you're on crack. If you can perform the wavedash with any of the Fire Emblem characters, you can perform it with anyone, it's as simple as that, also it is none of your business where i live. The most info i'm giving you is Canada...oh and about your other post you gave me under a different topic reguarding your combo with mewtwo...it sucks, and won't work. I suggest you try useing a character that can actually live past 85% damage.
ProPlayerRoy has spoken.
Smell ya later.
Patooty Posted at: 23:46 Oct22 2005 Post ID: 482624
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I live in the Vancouver, BC area. If you're around there, look me up since you're not keen on giving away your own info.

If you're in or around Edmonton, look up the punch crew and they'll give you a thrashing. If you're near the Toronto area, there are also smashers there to pwn you up.
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
Falco_Fanatic Posted at: 23:53 Oct22 2005 Post ID: 482633
Falco_Fanatic
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wow so there's actually smash cults?:O HEY IT'S THE LOSERCLUB ^__^! I have to stick up for DarkMarth and ProRoyPlayer on this one, srry Pattooty
ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 09:00 Oct23 2005 Post ID: 483108
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah really, and like i'm going to venture through Canada insearch of gamers who think they know how to play SSBM. I'm just embarressed by all of you being so sucked in by thinking Ken and NEO are the best at the game, my cousin and i went over some of their matches the other day and pfft, we weren't impressed. in their style they do two things. Wavedash and attack. it's great to wave dash it helps confuse your opponent at times, but when you use it constantly like they do, you're just walking into hits, also they choose wrong attacks at the wrong time. The display of skill NEO showed with Roy isn't all that great, personally i know my style with Roy is much more effective. As DarkMarth's to Ken's. Sure their may be those of you who disagree, but you'll all know why we're so confident, soon enough. DM and i are going to head down to microplay and play against some challangers...who knows, there might be someone who over whelms us....not, like that'll ever happen.
Patooty Posted at: 12:49 Oct23 2005 Post ID: 483575
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I never told you to venture across Canada. And I said NOTHING about Ken or NEO. If you live close to one of those locations though, and if you really aren't scared of competition, look someone up. I'm not even asking you for your own info as that's not allowed here. I simply gave you my own info. And I gave you locations of where some great Canadian smashers are. If you live nowhere near any of those places. Just say that you don't, and I'll try to find some more locations for you. It's very hard to give you some good info while not knowing where you are. Anyway, there is really noboby FORCING you to play anyone good. Stay in your own little world if you wish, the outside world is passing by whether you're in it or not.

BTW, I will tell you in advanced. Store-run tourneys are noob.
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
TheEmptyPage Posted at: 13:53 Oct23 2005 Post ID: 483727
TheEmptyPage
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hurry up with those vids so we can truly see how much you well.. "pwn" i supose..

as for mewtwo, he's not the only one i use so meh, and as far as wavedahin, it's fact that waveashin with marth is easier than gnaona nd fox and others.

Roy.. is a bit harder than marth, but still simple enough that it doens't mean much.

anyways, i think i had something else to say but i forgot
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close