Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

How did that Fox do that?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:38 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 348978
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I forgot to add, how in the Hell did that Fox Wavedash back and forth like that with his Reflector?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 15:40 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 348992
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
You can wavedash out of the reflector. You do it. That simple, though it's a very fast thing to do. It's called waveshining.

EDIT: He also turns around between each one. That's just hitting the other direction while the blue hex from the reflector is up.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:43 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 348999
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
How do I wavedash between Reflector shots, though?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

WarriorofZarona Posted at: 15:46 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349006
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Since the wavedash starts off with the jump, you can consider it as "jump canceling" out of the shine straight into the air dodge for the wavedash. Then just shine and repeat.

As Tobias said, we call it waveshining.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:14 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349086
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Okay, I'll try it. So, I SH, Wavedash, Shine, and do this as fast as possible?

WarriorofZarona Posted at: 16:20 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349107
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wavedash itself is already a combination of jump and airdodge, so there's no need to SH beforehand.

Take your time doing it when you first start out, then find a rhythm for it. Go faster if you like, but you should be able to do it at a slow enough rate that the opponent can't escape from it.

Perfect Control only does it as fast as it does because it has exact timing on which frame to start the wavedash and shine.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:04 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349208
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I'm not going after a perfect control thing here, just the ability to Waveshine well...

nevake Posted at: 17:31 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349262
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It's simple: wavedash after you've shined. It's used to follow up the shine with something. Like an upsmash.

Edit: How did this person do this.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4091487/Ice_Climbers_HRC__Glitch_.wmv.html

Scroll down and press free.

Edit2: POST #400

Edit3: Falco combo 102%
http://rapidshare.de/files/4091558/Falco_Combo_102_.avi.html
ritt.no-ip.com
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 18:08 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349384
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That's just the IC freeze glitch.
nevake Posted at: 18:11 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349392
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I know...It was meant to be a way to make a random post.
ritt.no-ip.com
Cylun Posted at: 19:07 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349499
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The same applies to any character's shields, but its verry hard to do.

(ps. is it just me, or is WoZ's avatar doing a barral roll?)
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
nevake Posted at: 19:09 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 349504
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Shielddashing isn't hard, the button is easier to access and you don't have to move your hand.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 12:06 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 350682
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 17-Aug-2005 nevake said:It's simple: wavedash after you've shined. It's used to follow up the shine with something. Like an upsmash.

Edit: How did this person do this.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4091487/Ice_Climbers_HRC__Glitch_.wmv.html

Scroll down and press free.

Edit2: POST #400

Edit3: Falco combo 102%
http://rapidshare.de/files/4091558/Falco_Combo_102_.avi.html
It does not work. Neither of them do.

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 12:49 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 350765
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 17-Aug-2005 Cylun said:The same applies to any character's shields, but its verry hard to do.

(ps. is it just me, or is WoZ's avatar doing a barral roll?)
except yoshi's shield. and it isn't really that hard to do, just requires practice. i've been doing it for a long time, it's second nature to me ^^ (too bad i play falcon - i can put it to more use when i'm using fox or marth)
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:10 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 350922
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Waveshielding... shielddashing... huh? Hey, lemme guess, Waveshielding is when you wavedash out of a shield? Or is it when you Shield while wavedashing?

TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 16:02 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351179
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
Waveshield is Shielding while wavedashing. Yes, the terms are broken >.>
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 18:18 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351405
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yeah :p

i don't think there's a commonly used name for w-ding from the shield, mainly because people don't talk about it much. it's more common to use up B from the shield (using the same principle of jump-cancelling from the shield and quickly putting that to use). it has a lot of uses and strengthens your defensive game, but isn't necessary and generally gets ignored.

wave-shielding is a pretty uncommon term actually, since a lot people don't recognize it as a separate technique. the most common terms with "wave-" as a prefix are wave-dash (of course) and wave-shine. every so often you'll see wave-dance (like dash-dancing, but with wave-dash) or wave-shield. i've even seen wave-step (sidestep) once or twice, but nobody will understand you if you try to pass that term :p

smash terminology is kind of interesting, and you have to be careful to use it correctly. i try to avoid using "mind game" and "meta-game" because they're overused and i doubt many people really understand them.

mind games are essentially guessing games - trying to figure out the opponent when you don't know exactly what the opponent is using on you. technical skill, on the other hand, give you the options to choose from in your mind games. mind games occur rapidly in the approach, when slight changes in positioning can change everything. they are a lot easier to identify during combos and edge-guards.

however, i feel that most people have a *really* hazy impression of mind games, thinking that they are some psychic counterpart to the very physical, down-to-earth technical skill. when people say that ken has good mind games, that reflects little knowledge of what *technical skill* is, which skews the entire position. because technical skill, as i said, is the options (or firepower, if you will) for mind games, and *don't necessarily reflect technical difficulty.* a good example may be a player who always tries to launch his approach with fox's shine, vs a player who usually approaches with nair or bair. if the first player and second player are of equal skill, this doesn't imply anything about their technical skill. the guy trying to launch everything from shine, however, would be playing a much more difficult game. but they get the same results, and the simpler fox player is just as skilled technically for using an efficient approach.

the difference that sets us apart from the scrubs is, obviously, technical skill - we know vastly more than a typical casual player, not just about flashier techniques, but also in what attacks are useful, etc.

the difference that sets us apart from the tournament winners is also mostly technical skill - they've ironed out the errors that plague an intermediate player's game.

mind games aren't as significant as they're put up to be, but they do have a role. many people say that ken sort of enters their mind and plays against the player, in such a way that seems to identify mind games......

meta-game, on the other hand, has a different connotation in the pokemon world, so i just tend to say high-level play instead (as in, "high-level play has changed tremendously").

rawr, another one of my tangents :p
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 19:27 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353670
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Wavetech- I do this alot. On accident.

nevake Posted at: 06:17 Aug20 2005 Post ID: 354471
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 18-Aug-2005 darkboarder_77 said:It does not work. Neither of them do.
it does...scroll down and press free. Then it downloads.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:37 Aug21 2005 Post ID: 356953
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
No, it still doesn't. On the next screen it just says "There is no contect selected for download." or something like that.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close