Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

I can't decide my Ultimate Character...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 12:15 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 350704
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Sheik... Samus... or Falco? Samus has a Superwavedash, Supergrapple, a special Grapple Beam recovery system to latch to the side of the stage... Falco has a Reflector, is speedy, and is highly strategic... meanwhile, Sheik is fast, powerful, and can make virtually unstoppable combos... which should I pick? I have extremely fast fingers...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 12:47 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 350761
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
just go with whoever you have the most fun playing as. i've been a cfalcon player for a while, just because it's so fun to fly across the stage or pull off big aerial combos like he does. same with fox, who's one of my secondaries. peach just has so many approach options that i just like using her for the variety.

if you have fast fingers, falco may be for you. but choose whomever you like playing as most!
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:06 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 350916
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
But I am having trouble because they all have such remarkable advantages...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

tunaice Posted at: 16:57 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351264
tunaice
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Falco to me is the best out of all of them. I don't really like Shieak.(Sorry for Spelling)
My New Fourms: http://digitalgraffiti.forumup.org/ PLEASE JOIN!
game_mario Posted at: 10:42 Aug20 2005 Post ID: 354701
game_mario
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I can't tell my best either. Ganondorf has powerful aerial and smash attacks. Mario is like an all around character, but his aerials aren't very strong at all. Luigi basically excels at aerial attacks but has a big lag in his first jump. Then comes Marth. I can easily juggle and be an edgeguard with him, but his endurance isn't the greatest. Besides saying who I have more fun with, say who you are best with, please.
It's been a while, hasn't it?
Sephirothdw4 Posted at: 11:03 Aug20 2005 Post ID: 354710
Sephirothdw4
+
+
one word even though not on the list: G-A-N-O-N-D-O-R-F
The Wacky Fool is back.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:25 Aug21 2005 Post ID: 356923
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I tried Fox a few days ago, and compared him to Falco, and Falco pwns Fox so much because of his solid movesets. Meanwhile, Fox's moves are too weak and inaccurate. His shine isn't quite what Falco's is, either. Falco has a solid, hard-hitting spiking dair, and all the rest of him is some really strong stuff.

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:28 Aug21 2005 Post ID: 357402
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
fox is better overall. while falco, with his lasers, has a better pressure game (though fox's is still really good), he lacks the ability to combo and kill like fox can. di makes it very hard for falco to shine combo anybody but fast-fallers, and he can't really force opponents into his killers either (he has a whole bunch of pretty strong moves, plus his fsmash which is very strong, but he usually winds up taking his opponents to over 140% prying for a killer). fox, on the other hand, gets combos from his shine, up throw AND aerials, plus his up smash and up aerials which get combo'd into FROM up throw, jab and, of course, shine.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 11:49 Aug22 2005 Post ID: 358151
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Can you give me an example of a combo Fox pwns Falco with?

Red Alert Posted at: 15:15 Aug22 2005 Post ID: 358834
Red Alert
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Fox has the disadvantage in a Fox vs Falco match since he's a fast faller, so that's not a very good example.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 20:29 Aug22 2005 Post ID: 359478
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
well, flaco does well against cf and fox because flaco CAN combo and kill fast-fallers. but fox gets infinites/shine combos, uair juggles AND flying nair juggles. flaco's shine combos are, as i said, ruined by di and he has trouble comboing anybody beyond two-hit chains.
DN2627 Posted at: 19:07 Aug24 2005 Post ID: 363670
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I used to main as Fox, but I started to try different people out as mains. I went through Falcon, Samus, and Puff, but I eventually switched to Falco. After having mained with both, I can tell that Fox really is better. Fox's shine is probably the best move in the game, with attacks flowing into the shine and out of it. Falco has the best projectile and the best spike, but Fox can pseudo-spike using his shine, and it's about as effective. Fox's blaster is also quite good too. All in all, I like Falco better and I'd choose playing him over Fox, but I still aknowledge that Fox is better.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 20:40 Aug24 2005 Post ID: 363958
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
True, I happen to like Fox's Shine better because you can use it on an unsuspecting foe near the edge and they'll suddenly find themselves a good distance off the bottom of the screen.

butters224 Posted at: 17:58 Aug25 2005 Post ID: 365786
butters224
Forum GuestMember
+
+
MEWTWO is Awesome!!!
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 09:23 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367004
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Mewtwo is:

- Hard to use
- Very slow

Nice movesets, but no, I don't happen to think he's my type. I have very fast fingers, you see. I need a character like Fox, Falco, Samus, ect.

nintendo_dude Posted at: 15:04 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367769
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Translation = Mewtwo is awful
Anyway out of the two I'd say I prefferred Fox but I still like Falco. Although I use Ganondorf, Roy, Marth and Captain Falcon more.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 15:30 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367839
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'd definitelly prefer fox over falco, I too have fast fingers, but falco is too slow for me, plus fox's advantages make him better, like:

He jumps not as high, making him less likely to be stricken in mid air.

He runs and attacks faster, he is more nimble, his fire fox burns attackers when they touch him while he's charging, and his fire fox and fox illusion reach farther, granted though that the falco fantasy is swifter.

Fox over Falco.
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 15:34 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367847
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Same here.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 15:35 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367851
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
There were more advantages, but too many to point out.
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
pyro9 Posted at: 12:12 Aug31 2005 Post ID: 378752
pyro9
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Why doesn't anyone here like samus. She can kill falco anytime besides to me falco stinks.
Hi I'm back
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close