Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Playing against CPs isn't all bad...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:00 Aug24 2005 Post ID: 363216
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
CPs of all levels suck. No strategy, no mindgame, no sense of combos, nothing.

Despite this, I have adjusted myself to CPs, but I have also adjusted myself to strategies. Sounds stupid for me to say that given I fight nothing but CPs, but I always prepare for a mindgame of some sort, always there to put up my shield if the foe would Power Shield a projectile back at me.

The advantage of fighting CPs kinda demands slight foresight in pefection outta the foe, but you don't learn to anticipate combos and mindgame and so on.

Eh, the weird thing about me is that I always am prepared. I just don't know why, playing against computers has made me more aware of avoiding combos.

I can tech excellently, I can Power Shield okay, I can Spotdodge great, I can Wavedash well, I can ahield well, combo pretty good, and my anticipation ability is quite good as well.

Clever-whatever your name, I don't doubt that playing against level 9 CPs is bad, I completely agree with you. If you can figure out any way I can improve my skills using computers, do tell me. Meanwhile, I can't really up my mindgame and such against CPs very well, so something has to be done.

Meanwhile, I would like some feedback, and I have one comment: CPS SUCK!

WATCHING the movies that everyone here have been posting has helped me learn WHAT TO ANTICIPATE! Thanx to those who have contributed those movies.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 15:17 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367810
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I think you're right, CPUs arent the strongest, but provide a basis for strategy. If you want to improove, try a 3-life fight against a LV1, then a LV2, then LV3, LV4, ect, then a LV9 and a LV1 on a team and level up the other com. Then two LV9s and a LV1 until you can take three LV9s with no problem. After that a single human should be similar, a human would be a better fighter than 3 LV9s, but it's easier to fight 1 on 1 then for 1 VS 3.
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 15:30 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367841
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
If you're training to be a competitive player, then all the CPU's can offer you is technical skill practice. I tend to fight level 8's, since they're the closest to human reflexive actions. Level 9's are just too accurate, powershielding all the time.

You can TRY practicing mind games, and the CPU will fall for it, but it won't be enough against a human player. You'll need the mind game experience from playing such a human in order to get better.

Tournaments are the best way to increase your experience.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 15:32 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367844
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, it's more fun against a human, you have to pull out all the stops to win.
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
nintendo_dude Posted at: 15:33 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367845
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
No tournaments come near me very often. And since I lack confidence I'd probably never go to one anyway.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 15:41 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 367859
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Lol, it's not as fun beating a com, cause they have no feelings or thoughts, like fighting a lifeless zombie.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 08:01 Aug27 2005 Post ID: 369457
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Exactly... I am skilled anough to defeat 3 level 9 CPs against me on a team, though... But I have to REALLY be PUMPED UP to do that.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 14:52 Aug27 2005 Post ID: 370090
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
They aren't strong as 3, but trying to avoid 3 attacks at the same time is the challenge, the strength of them isn't.
game_mario Posted at: 18:48 Aug28 2005 Post ID: 372934
game_mario
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, but about tournaments, I never hear of any tournaments in Illinois. I've never went to a Melee tournament.
It's been a while, hasn't it?
nevake Posted at: 18:54 Aug28 2005 Post ID: 372944
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 27-Aug-2005 darkboarder_77 said:Exactly... I am skilled anough to defeat 3 level 9 CPs against me on a team, though... But I have to REALLY be PUMPED UP to do that.
It's not very hard to do that. For example: Ganondorf. All on teams. Use Falcon, hang on the ledge. Repeatedly ledge hop b-up and then DI back on the ledge. Ganon's should take turns b-uping and dieing. Another example: Go to Yoshi's island, get on the farthest cloud, and continuely short hop (or just normal jump with the risk of them trying to get from the top cloud to yours). All computers have some kind of flaw. Just find it.
ritt.no-ip.com
game_mario Posted at: 11:46 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 376483
game_mario
Forum GuestMember
+
+
In jungle japes, jump over roy's head over the gaps and he will die. If ness is P2 com, choose jungle japes and stay where you are, he will die. In yoshi's island 64, jump on the left cloud, and fox will miss his fire fox and die.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 13:54 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 376692
nintendo_dude
+
+
Well I always win battles against CPU's. I like to find their flaws.

I'm finished here...

Konemo Posted at: 13:58 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 376706
Konemo
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I am skilled enof to beat at least 2 level 9 coms or 3 level 7 comps... i rather play halo tho. oh sorry for inturupting on your conversation.... can i join in?
Habbo.com SN: Konemo
Cokemusic.com SN: Konemo
Starcraft B.Net SN: Flame_O_Darknes
nintendo_dude Posted at: 14:01 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 376719
nintendo_dude
+
+
Yeah sure you can join in, feel free to join in any conversations.

I'm finished here...

Konemo Posted at: 14:25 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 376797
Konemo
Forum GuestMember
+
+
thank you. i made a new chat topic wuna join? its a super smash bros topic and tis called who suld be in the new super smash bros. if it comes out.
Habbo.com SN: Konemo
Cokemusic.com SN: Konemo
Starcraft B.Net SN: Flame_O_Darknes
nintendo_dude Posted at: 14:35 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 376828
nintendo_dude
+
+
Yes I will but please don't go off topic.

I'm finished here...

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:29 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 377294
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 28-Aug-2005 nevake said:It's not very hard to do that. For example: Ganondorf. All on teams. Use Falcon, hang on the ledge. Repeatedly ledge hop b-up and then DI back on the ledge. Ganon's should take turns b-uping and dieing. Another example: Go to Yoshi's island, get on the farthest cloud, and continuely short hop (or just normal jump with the risk of them trying to get from the top cloud to yours). All computers have some kind of flaw. Just find it.
I pretend that they are humans when I fight them. But yeah, they are VERY easy to beat otherwise.

nintendo_dude Posted at: 15:17 Aug31 2005 Post ID: 379178
nintendo_dude
+
+
Well I don't try to amke them act stupid so you can trick them into killing you or getting self destructs. i fight them as I would fight anyone. Exept I would be more catious with human players.

I'm finished here...

game_mario Posted at: 10:33 Sep03 2005 Post ID: 385101
game_mario
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Me too. And I've also found that if you jump above fox, he will short hop and use his dair on you when you are landing. >_>
nintendo_dude Posted at: 05:05 Sep04 2005 Post ID: 387459
nintendo_dude
+
+
That's true. on Hyrule Temple though go down into the palce at the bottom with a level 9 Fox and then go back up. He will do something weird and be unable to get the top.

I'm finished here...

Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close