Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Attack combos

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 15:46 Jun10 2005 Post ID: 200371
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
another combo with mario. dthrow, utilt shffl'd uairs.

>_> it had to be on topic.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 15:51 Jun10 2005 Post ID: 200374
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
There's also the quintessential combos (I don't know if these have been posted yet):

Marth - shffled nair, double fair, double fair, fair, rejump, spike
Fox - Drillkick waveshine, repeat (flatland infinite)
Sheik - F-tilt, F-tilt, F-tilt
Down throw, Down throw, Down throw
Down throw, shffled f-air (the great thing is that these 3 combos can be linked >.>)
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
Gea Posted at: 16:00 Jun10 2005 Post ID: 200385
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Fastfallers at mid percent above you with Samus.

uair uair bair missle. Its very situational but usually it works wonders. The missle may not hit but it prevents them from reapproaching.
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 16:08 Jun10 2005 Post ID: 200393
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
+
+
against flaco or fox as flaco...

dair, shine,jc, dair, shine repeat.

and peach: dair to anything. turnip to anything. some chain throws. etc. >.>
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:47 Jun10 2005 Post ID: 200804
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 10-Jun-2005 Cez said:For the purposes of this combo, I assumed that the majority of players either don't know most of the tricks you mentioned, or don't rely on them in order to (attempt to) win. There's a little thing called not using every trick and glitch you can think of to try and win. Try it some time, it's a lot of fun.
The problem with this, unfortunately, is that red alert's refutation of the feasibility of your "combo" went to great lengths to assume that *any* part of your combo would be effective!! Your "combo" can be stopped at almost any point by a simple double jump - perhaps possible against a training mode computer, but not against anything else. If the majority of players cannot double jump (or air dodge, or press A to attack), then Smash is in a sad state!

Besides, I find it *more* fun to use the extent of my tactics when playing Melee. It's more engaging.

now, in terms of other combos...

This is really not a combo, but a description of Marth's forward aerial, one of the most comboable attacks in the game, if not THE most comboable. Now, Marth's forward aerial is quite fast - fast enough for marth to use twice in one short hop. Using two forward aerials (I'll call it "fair" for convenience from now on) in one short hop is only one of the effective ways to use this attack.

The most important thing to know about fair is that it has two different trajectories for its tip hit and its center hit. If you connect with the tip of Marth's sword, your opponent will be sent mostly upwards (and slightly forwards), and if you connect with the center of Marth's blade, your will be sent mostly forwards (and slightly upwards). This is very useful to know when comboing with Marth...I usually try to connect mostly with tips when comboing my opponents because it keeps them close enough to me to continue to attack. Center hit fair is still important to know and use, because it helps orient the opponent better for, say, a spike, or sometimes another fair...and a lot better for edgeguarding!
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT Posted at: 05:17 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201185
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Zelda:

Down throw to kick on floaties
Down throw to fsmash on fastfallers/big characters
Up throwx3>up tilt>up smash>up aerial>kick on Capt
Double bairs
Ftiltx3 > kick on Fastfallers

Peach:

Turnip >FC fair
Floating dair >Nair
FCDair > grab
FCDair > dsmash
UP throw chain throw on fast fallers
Up throw to Dsmash on fast fallers at low percents
DJC Uair on fastfallers
Down throw>turn around, then fthrow
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 08:17 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201377
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Does the "Puff Stuff" video still exist? Though it's outdated, it's a good example of Jigglypuff's use of excellent aerial game, wall of pain, and rest combos.
Gea Posted at: 11:33 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201547
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, I can upload it to yousendit, but I'm not sure it would be worth my time if he doesn't download it.
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 12:26 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201609
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Link it anyway for those who ARE interested.
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 14:52 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201861
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Anyway, Peach combos -

Pull turnip, dash into sh forward turnip toss, and start floating towards the enemy. If the turnip hits, you can go into whatever aerial you like. Fair is a nice finisher, nair is faster and easier to combo into, and dair is a multi-hitter than can combo directly into nair, bair, or uair. I'd recommend dair or fair most of the the time.

Peach has an up throw chain on fastfallers, namely Falcon. It starts at around 30-40% and ends well past 100% assuming you don't run out of space (though you probably will). If you do, you can chain into a finisher and edgeguard for the kill. At the same time, though, the fastfallers are three of the fastest characters in the game, so good luck landing grabs at all .__.;

Marth can pull off two fairs in one short hop, and if you space it well, you can often chain this directly into fsmash, or you can rejump into more sh double fairs. Sometimes, though, you might want to try sh fair-uair instead of sh fair-fair, since uair can sweetspot enemies slightly closer to Marth and has a similar effect to a sweetspotted fair at lower percents.

Falco and Fox can link a dashing (<- that part's important) shffled fair or nair directly into up smash sometimes. You knock the opponent forward into the air, and when you land, your own dash sh's momentum carries you right under the opponent, which often means a free up smash. The nice thing about this is that you can often do it to airborne opponents as well as grounded ones.

EDIT: Hmm, it seems that a large part of my post (written in response to much of Cez's nonsense) has been edited out since I wrote this message. I wonder why.
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
Silent Lucidity Posted at: 15:52 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201931
Silent Lucidity
Forum GuestMember
+
+
btw, i was playign around against, *yes you guessed it*, a computer last night..

and a slight combo that seems possible at low percent on some characters with ganon would be down tilt to >b.

while this probally ain't the best combo, it would do a bit of damage and knock the oppenet slightly behind and above you..

which could be a good or a bad thing depending.

my question.. is this combo that great against actual humans? or hell even someone that DIs?
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 22:08 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 202253
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
At low percentages, it's a decent combo. I tend to use that same combo on Falcon myself.

Just make a quick judgement where he'll be DIing to, I suppose. I'm no Ganon/Falcon expert, so bleh.
XIF Posted at: 23:49 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 202384
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
omg... wtf is going on?

does anyone see my posts at all?
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT Posted at: 01:07 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 202466
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I see them
XIF Posted at: 09:33 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 202880
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
please tell me that you see the super long essay on Cez then in this topic...
worira Posted at: 09:53 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 202897
worira
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I saw it, but not anymore.
Gea Posted at: 11:19 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 202964
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Someone, I assume Cez, is editing posts without saying so. Just make a copy of what you typed out, and put it back in. If it is blantant flaming they should have marked it with [mod edit] or such...If it wasn't talk to Rich about it.
XIF Posted at: 11:29 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 202986
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
what a load of bull, i cant get back what I wrote because I am in georgia now for the summer, and I wrote it back when I was still in FL...

It wasnt flammatory at all, but I will retype it, and I will save it.

Cez: If it is you who is deleting my posts, please be a man and do not delete them anymore. The post which I typed was not flammatory in anyway, and the only reason which to delete is if you didnt like and decided that instead of responding, you'd try to just make it dissappear.
Cez Posted at: 11:30 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 202987
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Cez isn't editing anything. Unfortunately, my mod powers don't include editing posts. Deleting them, however, is among my abilities as a mod. And if another flame essay materialises, it will be disintegrated without a second thought. Contrary to what you might think, I don't delete posts for no reason. If they're flaming anyone (particularly myself) without any particular reason, they will be deleted. Kapishe?
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
RJ Fighter Posted at: 11:34 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 202993
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
Post Likes: 5
+
+
I come here and see how good you guys are and think, "Boy, I'm noobish at this game." lol XD you all know so much it blows my mind. At least im not as bad as my friend, who I beat with him as his fave character, Ganon, and with me as PICHU! lol XD
Displaying Page 4 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 147308

Post Top
Click to close