Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Need help on mastering a character

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
sparta Posted at: 15:01 Sep08 2007 Post ID: 1904161
sparta
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Can someone give me some tips for using Fox McCloud to his fullest abilities? I want to get good with him, but I have no clue how to waveshine or all those other things he can do. Any help will be appreciated.
Currently: Offline

[SIZE=12][color=maroon]Thank you for the Sig TP![/SIZE][/color]

Take a look at my Team!!! =D
Join Edge's team!!!
No.1 team, twilight prince!!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 08:53 Sep09 2007 Post ID: 1905064
TWILIGHT LINK
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I think you mean "Wavedash?"

And, he seems to fight better against one opponent than 2 or 3. I'd suppose it's true. But I don't know.

My strategy, if I feel like using Fox would be to move alot. Run to your opponent and kick them, use the Fox Illusion, and use the Blaster for long ranged attacks. When they are high on damage, run up as fast as you can, then dp your smash up A. You will send them high in the air. Your smash side A should do just as well.

Try these, and let me know if they help you out any.

Credit for Sig & Avy goes to Yogi_Bear
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 08:58 Sep09 2007 Post ID: 1905071
EspeonDude_
+
+
Usually what I do with Fox is I shoot with his blaster (b), Wavedash over if the opponent isn't far away, A-Down attack, then Smash attack them.

The rest usually isn't determined. Use the shield, rolling and other techniques to their fullest.

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 10:01 Sep09 2007 Post ID: 1905141
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
I never thought of that.O.O

sparta Posted at: 12:27 Sep09 2007 Post ID: 1905312
sparta
+
+
Ok, I tried out those techniques, and they definitly worked out great! I still have alot of improvement to go before I get good with him. I finally managed to get his speed under control, but sometimes, I lose track of where he is at, and fall off an edge. Twilight link, you were right, I accidently call wavedash 'waveshine' sometimes... I looked it up and found out how to do it, but I still have a very hard time wavedashing. But, your tips helped out tremendously! Thank you! If you have anymore techniques, please post them, I will appreciate all help I get.Smile

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 9th 2007 »

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 17:48 Sep09 2007 Post ID: 1906042
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
That's good to know. I'm so happy that they worked out for you.Smile

I don't know how to wavdash either. I don't feel like learning it. It's too big a pain for me to learn.

Here's a good trick I learned watching a Falco video, that I don't see why it wouldn't work for Fox: If you are up on a high area, and you (Human) opponent is on the ground, jump down, then before you reach your opponent activate your Reflector, and snap up on the Directional Stick, and you will jump in the air, then you can do what ever you can think of from there.Thumbs Up

sparta Posted at: 02:34 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1906595
sparta
+
+
On 09-Sep-2007 TWILIGHT LINK said:That's good to know. I'm so happy that they worked out for you.Smile

I don't know how to wavdash either. I don't feel like learning it. It's too big a pain for me to learn.

Here's a good trick I learned watching a Falco video, that I don't see why it wouldn't work for Fox: If you are up on a high area, and you (Human) opponent is on the ground, jump down, then before you reach your opponent activate your Reflector, and snap up on the Directional Stick, and you will jump in the air, then you can do what ever you can think of from there.Thumbs Up
Sounds good, i'll have to try that! I actually almost beat event match 51 with Fox, but I kinda cheated... I just spammed FireFox.Doh I do good on single matchs though!Smile and all thanks to you two! Twilight link, it was rude of me not to wish you a happy birthday... (It was september 8th?) you helped me out, so, happy late birthday and thank you!Smile

Join Edge's team!!!
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 07:43 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1906680
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
Thank you. That was really nice of you.Smile

Your welcome for the help.We were glad to help you out. Any time.

It was September 8, yes.

That's fine. I spammed with those moves too. You'll beat it. Don't worry.Thumbs Up

If you wanna hit Giga Bowser, try jumping, then doing Fox Illusion. I don't know how much that would help you, it just came to mind.

« Last edited by TWILIGHT LINK on Sep 10th 2007 »

sparta Posted at: 15:10 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1906982
sparta
+
+
Fox illusion works out good, too! I tried it a bit, and I got really close this time... but I still lost! But, I know i'll beat someday. (hopefully before Brawl lol) The biggest problem is Gannondorf's really cheap moves most of the time. And you helped me even further twilight link! You must be really good at this game, you definitly have skills! If brawl has an online feature, i'd really like to fight someone like you!Smile And EspeonDude_! Even more thanks, you gave me a good strategy with one of my most faverite characters!Smile

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 10th 2007 »

Join Edge's team!!!
Twilight Knight Posted at: 19:44 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1907573
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I beat 51, and it was kinda cowardly. I just jumped and hit Bowser with Fox illusion. I hate Gannon!
Changed my account to Days of Ragnarok.
sparta Posted at: 21:30 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1907748
sparta
+
+
On 10-Sep-2007 Twilight Knight said:I beat 51, and it was kinda cowardly. I just jumped and hit Bowser with Fox illusion. I hate Gannon!
I know what you mean, Gannon cheats like heck in this fight. All he does are annoying grabs and lunges! I can't stand him! I finally beat event 51 with Fox tonite, using twilight link and EspeonDude_ help (Thank you both againSmile ) and I threw in a few reflector hits. When they were high %, I charged up the A left/right smash to knock them off. I barely managed though, im still trying to get better at this!Smile First character I want to master is Fox. It will take a very long time, I know that. After I fight well with him, i'll probably see what I can do with Ness.

If you guys find something else out, im all ears.Thumbs Up

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 10th 2007 »

Join Edge's team!!!
TwilightPrince Posted at: 21:49 Sep10 2007 Post ID: 1907763
TwilightPrince
+
+
My stategy is:I use fox illusion,grab them then throw them down,where he throws them down an shoots him with his blaster then i wait and use his tail where he sweeps them off the ground Down+A.

Also use the Up+A button thats a strong move when there damage around 50%.
.:Join My Team TwilightPrince:.

Credit to Me for Signature.
MSN:TwilightPrince_1234atHotmailcom
Twilight Knight Posted at: 08:09 Sep11 2007 Post ID: 1907954
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You might try to master link too. I like him better because he is more powerful. his smash does like 25%.
sparta Posted at: 16:09 Sep11 2007 Post ID: 1908545
sparta
+
+
On 11-Sep-2007 Twilight Knight said:You might try to master link too. I like him better because he is more powerful. his smash does like 25%.
I have plans to master him someday to, probably after Ness. Is Link hard to master? I'd like to know ahead of time, cause I could work on him a bit each time I play. Right now, when I play, I play a couple matches as Fox (Trying to get better with speed, and doing a few reflector combos.) then some as Ness. I control Ness good, the only thing diffcult right now is PSI magnet, cant seem to activate it at the right time. Thank you for suggesting Link, ill try him out next. If you have any tips, tell me themSmile, i'd appriciate it.

Join Edge's team!!!
Twilight Knight Posted at: 21:29 Sep11 2007 Post ID: 1909126
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Link's not all that hard to master. He was my first. I end my combos with him with a spin. Like dash attack and then spin. Works purt' good.
TwilightPrince Posted at: 22:00 Sep11 2007 Post ID: 1909146
TwilightPrince
+
+
My link Stategy:Grab your opponet with the Z button then push the control stick up then he will throw his opponent over him and slash him then jump and use your spin attack while he is falling back down and you shouls catch him inside the spin and there try it.
.:Join My Team TwilightPrince:.

Credit to Me for Signature.
MSN:TwilightPrince_1234atHotmailcom
sparta Posted at: 06:47 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1909272
sparta
+
+
That sounds really effetive you two. I will go and try to see if I can do it well. It might take practice, but I think I can do it. Thanks for the help... and another question about some characters. About Fox again, I read somewhere that reflector is a surefire way of knocking an opponent off the stage if they are over 200%. Can someone verify this? I try to, but I ko'd them before 200%. And one about Ness. Im so close to finally mastering Ness (he will be my first when i do.) but I need to know, just what types of attack will PSI magnet absorb? I know fire and blasters so far, but is there more? Thanks for helping me with link again!

« Last edited by sparta on Sep 12th 2007 »

Join Edge's team!!!
Twilight Knight Posted at: 13:52 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1909535
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I dunno much about ness. Not exactly one of my better ones. Yet again, I dunno about the reflecter, I'll try sometime. If you KO hthe enemy before 200% then why bother trying with the reflecter? Well, if you just want to find out, try training mode.
TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 14:21 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1909591
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
On 10-Sep-2007 sparta said:Fox illusion works out good, too! I tried it a bit, and I got really close this time... but I still lost! But, I know i'll beat someday. (hopefully before Brawl lol) The biggest problem is Gannondorf's really cheap moves most of the time. And you helped me even further twilight link! You must be really good at this game, you definitly have skills! If brawl has an online feature, i'd really like to fight someone like you!Smile And EspeonDude_! Even more thanks, you gave me a good strategy with one of my most faverite characters!Smile
Smile Why thank you. Smile But I'm nowhere near the best on this game. I have some skills, but not alot to beat whoever are the greats.

But yeah, if I'm able, I would really love to fight.Smile It would be great!Thumbs Up

TWILIGHT LINK Posted at: 14:49 Sep12 2007 Post ID: 1909656
TWILIGHT LINK
+
+
On 10-Sep-2007 sparta said:I know what you mean, Gannon cheats like heck in this fight. All he does are annoying grabs and lunges! I can't stand him! I finally beat event 51 with Fox tonite, using twilight link and EspeonDude_ help (Thank you both againSmile ) and I threw in a few reflector hits. When they were high %, I charged up the A left/right smash to knock them off. I barely managed though, im still trying to get better at this!Smile First character I want to master is Fox. It will take a very long time, I know that. After I fight well with him, i'll probably see what I can do with Ness.

If you guys find something else out, im all ears.Thumbs Up
Great to hear that you beat it. Congratulations Sparta.ApplauseApplauseThumbs UpThumbs Up You've taken a big step now. Great job.

Like what TK said, if you master Link well enough, you can find a way to make Link give atleast 70 some percent in one good combo. It's really good. It's kinda hard to do, but you can do it. I know you can.Thumbs Up If I can get around to it, I'll make a video of the combo for you. But, I'll tell you what it is.

1. Grab them, and throw them down.

2. Do the Smash A Up, on the ground to do those three slashes. (The normal Up A should work too. If it doesn't, just do Smash Up A.)

3. Snap the Stick down, for the Smash Sweep attack he does on both sides of him.

4. Then, you do your x2 Side Smash A Attack.

5. Then, you could try for the run slash, and hit them up a little.

(The hardest part.)

6. If you can still keep up with them, great. Now, the final move is the Spin Attack. This will send them flying. You may not knock them out, but if manuevered correctly, you can get them near the hundreds, in a matter of a few seconds.

(Something I just thought of.)

7. Jump up in the air and do the Down Stab. That should knock them out.Thumbs Up

Good luck.

Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 536289

Post Top
Click to close