Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Perfect Control.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 13:43 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 208607
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/sdmandyleaves/Perfect_Control_preview_final.wmv

A project that some of our smashers are working it. It's real short, and the introduction should explain what you're about to see in the video.

For full information about the project itself, check out link at the end of the video.

*READ THIS PART AFTER YOU'VE WATCHED THE VIDEO*

If you don't understand why or aren't impressed by the video, then most likely, you didn't know what was happening.

Here's a step by step of what is happening in each new scene. Note that all of these are possible in real gaming. You just need "perfect" control of your character.

1 - Fox is constantly using shffl'd attacks here. If you haven't seen what a shffl looks like, there it is. Enjoy, and practice some more.

2 - Fox waveshining back and forth across Battlefield. In between each waveshine, he turns around and faces the other direction. A simple tap of the control stick while using the shine makes this possible. Again, it's the consistency that makes this look impressive. He's also doing it a lot quicker than normal.

3 & 4 - Samus using her Super Wavedash, then using her grab in the middle of it. What's impressive here is that her Super Wavedash takes extreme timing to do. It's possible to use it in real game, but it's often difficult to hit JUST the right frame to use it.

5 - The most impressive one so far: Fox shines, jump-cancels, and shines again before he leaves the ground. (By jump cancel, meaning Fox is jumping out of his shine). I'd imagine that it takes extreme timing.

6 - Fox using reverse short hop double blasters. In real game, it's highly difficult to do, especially since, once again, it's quite consistent used as shown here. Short Hop Double Blasters need a some good timing. You'll want to use the first blaster the moment you leave the ground. Otherwise, the second blaster won't come out.

7 - I can only guess that Peach uses a float-canceled n-air here. A special attritbute about float-cancels is that Peach has no lag when landing from an attack, so L-canceling is unneccesary, and Peach attacks faster. Again, the consistency is what makes this looks impressive.

Keep in mind that everything was doing using the AR to rerecord the frames and the like. Still, it's interesting to see what a perfect player could look like with all the advanced techniques put into it.

Hope you enjoyed the video. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT Posted at: 13:48 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 208621
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It is a FC Nair that Peach is doing, in about 6 frames I think, since 2 for nair and 4 for Float lag.
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 13:54 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 208635
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, I don't actually know how many frames are being used in each scenerio.

If anyone has that information, feel free to add it on.
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 13:57 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 208645
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
1) Many players can shffle with Fox very consistently. I don't even play Fox, and I can shffle consecutive uairs with relative ease... that part isn't really a big deal. Just a teaser for the people who can't do it ;P

3) Fox isn't waveshining at all - he's just using shine, jump-cancelling, and shining again before leaving the ground. If he were waveshining, there would be large gaps between each shine, even if he were doing it exactly down to the frame.

Other than that though, you're good.
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 14:00 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 208650
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Really? That's interesting. Jump-canceling out of a shine into another shine...

That's even better.
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 15:22 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 208752
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
+
+
shine,jc, shine...in what? 3...4 frames?

yeah and shdl is really easy if you use the control stick.^_^

and constant shffl'd uairs are easy with the c-stick...and nearly impossible without.
Alucard258 Posted at: 19:14 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 209101
Alucard258
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No hes waveshining. If he werent he wouldnt be moving.
DN2627 Posted at: 19:34 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 209108
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
He's waveshining the first time and doing the shine-->JC-->shine-->etc. the second time. Yeah, there's 2 times he shows off using the shine. And holy crap it's hard to shuffl uairs with A. I've been trying to do it for really long, with no success. I can do SHDLs with X and B, but what would be hard to me is keeping him from turning around and consistently does the reverse SHs.
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 21:05 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 209143
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You'll end up moving if you do the shine > jc > shine over and over. It probably has something to do with how the animations for the shine and the jump alter his position. In any case, there's no way he's wding in between shines (unless you're talking about a different part of the video), since there would be a very noticeable amount of lag - even if you do it down to the frame, there are several frames (at least 10, iirc) at the beginning of the wavedash during which you can't do ANYTHING.
mmik Posted at: 21:21 Jun16 2005 Post ID: 209152
mmik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
*waits for someone to say it's stupiud because it's using AR*
If only moving that fast were humanly possible... for me..
Cylun Posted at: 01:14 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 209341
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Man, I can only imagine if level nines were like that, instead of sding 99 times in jungle japes, they would be using fox's infinite untill you got to 999 percent, and then finishing you...
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
DN2627 Posted at: 13:16 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 209964
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 16-Jun-2005 dizzy fuweiru said:You'll end up moving if you do the shine > jc > shine over and over. It probably has something to do with how the animations for the shine and the jump alter his position. In any case, there's no way he's wding in between shines (unless you're talking about a different part of the video), since there would be a very noticeable amount of lag - even if you do it down to the frame, there are several frames (at least 10, iirc) at the beginning of the wavedash during which you can't do ANYTHING.
There are 2 times he shows off using the shine. Look at #2 and #5 in the first post. You're talking about #5, which is exactly what he said. In #2, he's just shining and using the longest wavedash possible and turning around in the shine and wavedashing backwards again.
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 13:21 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 209974
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Warrior of Zarona has edited the post since then. #5 originally said that Fox was waveshining down, which wasn't true.
DN2627 Posted at: 13:38 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210008
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
O, well then I must have came in after he already edited it. Sorry then.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:07 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210059
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
What is waveshining? What is shining? What is a wavedash? What is 'sding'? What is jump cancellation? I can't upload the video right now, so I need to know...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

DN2627 Posted at: 14:12 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210069
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Read the Newb Faq I just bumped.

Edit: SDing is Self-Destructing. I don't think that's in the Newb Faq.
K-Boy Posted at: 14:23 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210089
K-Boy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Okay now. How exactly can I use my action replay to that.
Image removed — width exceeded 450 pixels — Cross Stinger
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 14:30 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210099
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The guy who made the video used Action Replay to freeze the various animations at the right places, and then he took these individual frames of animation and compiled it into a video. What you're seeing isn't actual gameplay footage. It's basically a lot images taken from gameplay footage set to run at a speed that it LOOKS like gameplay footage. Everything in the video is possible - just most players don't have the technical facility to use it. The video is all edited - you can't make the Action Replay use Fox's infinites FOR you.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:31 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210101
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I overheard that the characters are going faster than normal and all that bit... Can someone explain what's going on in the movie? I can't access my computer with the ability to play movies of any sort right now...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

K-Boy Posted at: 14:34 Jun17 2005 Post ID: 210110
K-Boy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
How can I freeze the animations like that then??? Whats the code?
Image removed — width exceeded 450 pixels — Cross Stinger
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close