Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

The Captain Falcon Topic (Post Away!!)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 23:12 Jul04 2005 Post ID: 238602
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Wouldn't using a mid-air Facon Kick send you downward instead? And does it really give you another mid-air jump? Honestly, you'd lose more in using Falcon Kick than you'd gain from the proceeding mid-air jump that you would get from it...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 23:59 Jul04 2005 Post ID: 238710
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick and Ganondorf's Wizard's Foot give an extra jump when used in the air.

It's very usable as a recovery for Falcon, especially if he gets knocked high into the air horizontally, especially if you wasted your second jump already.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 00:46 Jul05 2005 Post ID: 238760
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
if falcon has the room for it, trading a falcon kick for an extra double jump is actually advantageous for him (in terms of length of recovery). the forward distance of the kick and the up and forward distance of the double jump outweight the downward distance of the kick.

it works better with ganon's though, because his foot goes much less distance.

if you don't believe that falcon/ganon get extra jumps after down b, go to hyrule and jump off, facing the stage, on the righthand side. now double jump, falcon kick and double jump again. see, it works Smile
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:58 Jul06 2005 Post ID: 242586
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Interesting... I'll try it when I get home...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

DN2627 Posted at: 18:17 Jul06 2005 Post ID: 242655
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Falcon shuffles too easily. I can't break the habit of shuffling his nairs, since I use it so often with fox. Most of the time I only get one foot in. The only benefit I've found from sometimes shuffling and sometimes not shuffling nairs is it mixes it up a little more and makes it slightly harder to get shield-grabbed. I'm kneeing pretty successfully now though Smile.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 18:37 Jul06 2005 Post ID: 242717
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
CF has the coolest moves...

nevake Posted at: 12:41 Jul07 2005 Post ID: 243963
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
But for that to work with cf....you have to be extremely high for it to benefit, and him fastfalling doesn't help.

*first post*
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 19:07 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 251547
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
With DI up becoming more and more common, though, Captain Falcon high in the air is not too uncommon though. It's pretty important to learn...
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:06 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255529
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I tried the whole Falcon Kick bit and the extra mid-air jump, and I'm not impressed. I lost much more than I gained in the attempt.

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 17:09 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255534
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
in most situations, that will happen. again, it's only effective if you're high up. but you will gain distance, it just requires proper movement and timing.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:15 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255543
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Where in the world of SSBM are you gonna find a place that will permit you to be knocked high and far enough to make it worthwhile?

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 18:29 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255743
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
like practically every killer in the game if DI'd up (which is often required to avoid dying), many upward killers DI'd to the side (also often required), and a handful of attacks like link's swordplant that send significantly in both directions.
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 19:03 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255824
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
A lot of common finishing moves (especially strong throws like Peach's fthrow and Mario's bthrow) can be DIed so that Falcon flies at a trajectory that's almost more vertical than horizontal. That's when something like this might be useful.
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
nevake Posted at: 19:11 Jul13 2005 Post ID: 258853
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Also try ganon instead, its much more noticiable in him than with cf
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:18 Jul13 2005 Post ID: 259211
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yeah, it's a lot better on ganon because his foot is a lot shorter than falcon's kick. it turns ganon's recovery into a "pretty far but still easily edge-guarded" recovery, whereas falcon's recovery is more like "yea i suck" or something :p
nevake Posted at: 01:24 Jul14 2005 Post ID: 259918
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lol, plus, he doesn't fall as fast, so you can see the difference more clearly.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:54 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 263357
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I still don't think it's something to die for. Not an attempt I'd die for, at least.

nevake Posted at: 16:08 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 263380
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ganon's recovery increases by enough to make it mandatory to use it at times.
ritt.no-ip.com
DN2627 Posted at: 16:56 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 263444
DN2627
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 15-Jul-2005 darkboarder_77 said:I still don't think it's something to die for. Not an attempt I'd die for, at least.
Well, yeah. If you can make it back without it, then don't use it. It's for the times when you can tell that you're too far horizontally to make it back, but there's a chance to make it back if you had the extra horizontal distance of the kicks and the jump. It's kind of like Link's bomb-recovery where you throw a bomb up and spin attack into it for an extra spin attack (except this is used for more vertical distance rather than horizontal distance). That's very difficult to do successfully. Basically, it's better to have a really small chance of surviving than none at all.
nevake Posted at: 17:18 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 263467
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, Ganon's kick has a much better survival rate than Link's Bomb jump.
ritt.no-ip.com
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close