Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Need Someone to Smash?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
XIF Posted at: 11:21 Jun27 2005 Post ID: 225619
XIF
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
the whole online predator deal is just to scare youngun's from being stupid. You can be smart, safe, and still give enough information to have people you never met come to one place to meet.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 13:17 Jun27 2005 Post ID: 225785
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
What is the purpose of this thread? To show where everyone lives and to discuss serial killers and personal info? If that is so, then this belongs on General Chat.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 13:54 Jun27 2005 Post ID: 225844
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
Now, now, don't be Cez. He closed 2 or 3 of these. The point is to get Smashers together for new competition, not a bunch of random people on SuperCheats General who have no reason to meet.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
XIF Posted at: 17:45 Jun29 2005 Post ID: 229236
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yeah! *clashes teh mod powars*

in all seriousness,

not this weekend, but the next, I may get some people to come over to my house for some smash. contact me through AIM at cubapete008649, and lets see what we can do... I'm in Duluth Georgia for now... bout 50 minutes north of atlanta, practically in Alpharetta.
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT Posted at: 20:06 Jun29 2005 Post ID: 229528
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm not on there TXK? I'm saddened.
xX Juste Belmont Xx Posted at: 10:24 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230388
xX Juste Belmont Xx
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I am no one you would know from gfaqs ddd. OR here for that matter... I was referd to this site by someone that won't be name... But I DO often go to gfaqs to read what the noobs say and laugh at them.
Someone needs to stab you in the eye with a REALLY hot french fry!
xX Juste Belmont Xx Posted at: 10:26 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230399
xX Juste Belmont Xx
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Like that guy Lookatme. If i didn't know any better i would think that he was cez... but... i don't know better so... OH and there is a topic that repeats you are Retar.ded Over and over... It is kinda funny to see so many people post the same thing.. Hmmmmmmm

Oh... and tobias... could you put a J. before my username because there actualy is a guy thats name is Belmont so... that may be confusing...
Someone needs to stab you in the eye with a REALLY hot french fry!
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 13:39 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230808
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
+
+
what did he say(lookatme)...I missed it...

well...aim?you live near me...

oh and Xif I think your smashfest is on the same day as the carrolton tourny...at 7pm...
Cross Stinger Posted at: 14:02 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230833
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
+
Closed and personal information removed where appropriate.

We're not going to have this sort of thing here, suggesting hitting and stalking.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 15:48 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230994
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
On 30-Jun-2005 Cross Stinger said:Closed and personal information removed where appropriate.

We're not going to have this sort of thing here, suggesting hitting and stalking.
"Please also take note of the following warning:

Be careful - people online may not be who they say they are.
Don't give out any personal information (eg where you live, your school, telephone number etc) - you may end up being contacted by people you don't want.
Never arrange to meet someone offline unless you:
are sure who they are;
go accompanied (if you are under 18 by your parent or carer); and meet in a public place."

That's a warning, tacked onto the forum sites. Now, past that, what a user chooses to divulge is up to them. This thread doesn't force anyone to give out personal information; rather, it requests that people who DO want to meet other Smashers feel free to give a state, or area code, or more information as they're comfortable with. It's their choices and the information given can be as broad as just a state, where a user in the same state may contact them through IM or an e-mail and arrange further information and maybe a meeting. That's offsite, and can't be controlled by SuperCheats. However, even ON-site, SuperCheats won't be liable anyways as there's a warning against it and it's the user's choice. It's not PROHIBITED, and shouldn't be, so I don't see the merit in closing this thread and deleting what would possibly bring a community of gamers closer together. Moreover, last time I checked, Rich had been here with a thread like this around and had no overbearing problems with it.

You're a supermod, and I'm just a Mod here on this SSBM board, but I really don't see a problem with this. I think I may make a topic on the Staff forum asking about this stuff. -.-
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
XIF Posted at: 22:10 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 231432
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i think you took this too far cross, nor do I think you understand competitive communities. Its almost commonplace now a days for people who've met online to get together for a game. I'm going to a tournament in July with the promise of 160 people already, plus even more. I've never met all but 2 people who are going. Its not something that will attract stalkers, really. Stalkers work over chatrooms, IMs, and what not. Not forums, and Citys arent gonna reveal much. I live in Weston? That leaves another 10,000 people to stalk <_<;;;

You've already deleted too much info to salvage this topic, So, as long as you post saying that you understand, I'll make a new one.

PS: I dont want to sound disrespectful here, so, please note that this post is not meant in disrespect, but just to prove a point <_<
gamefan06 Posted at: 22:24 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 231445
gamefan06
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yhea, besides, as long as you don't give your name, how would it hurt to tell what town your in?
Add me to these Wi-Fi games and e-mail me at [email protected] if you do!!

Metroid Prime Hunters
FC: 3436-7171-2301
Name: gamefan06

Animal Crossing Wild World
Friend Code:1160-3850-1413
Name:Kenny
Town:Lumina
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 00:33 Jul01 2005 Post ID: 231613
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i understand that supercheats is *very* vigilant about child predators and such - however, i don't think that meeting in a safe place with adults around to protect you is particularly dangerous. the info is actually more commonly used to suggest tournaments to go to.

'sides, nobody would want to try to molest somebody who's 6'9'' Smile
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
XIF Posted at: 08:06 Jul01 2005 Post ID: 231838
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
o_O

*is a measly 5'10"*

I should be 6'2" to like 6'5"

my shoe size is 13 1/2 (and growing) and my hand span is even slightly larger than my feet o_O;;;

no matter where you are, who you are, what you do, go to FC3 July 14th to the 16th in South Bend Indiana. (thats way north BTW) Its already got the promise of:

more than 160 people
27 states
3 countries
2 continents
1 world <_<

seriously, the only thing that would be better than this is possible having sex the entire weekend, and thats only if its for the entire duration of this tournament <__>

check www.smashboards.com for more information, under tournaments.
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 12:56 Jul01 2005 Post ID: 232209
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
+
+
take me with you!

>_>
royboy850 Posted at: 01:50 Jul04 2005 Post ID: 237264
royboy850
Forum GuestMember
+
+
tobias apparently you live in va. is that nova or sova? im in fairfax county nova and was wondering if we could smash. i guarantee i will lose to you (dont even own a gamecube =\) but i wanted to see how GF's lui played =P. maybe ill even learn a few things.

btw ive played chillin before. he just so happens to be one of my friends XD. when he told me his smash name i was like WHOAMFG!!!11!!

needless to say he kicked my *** good. when i got lucky i could KO him like twice but that was it >_<
nintendo_dude Posted at: 03:30 Jul04 2005 Post ID: 237394
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Cross Stinger knows what topics to close and why to close them. He's probably the best mod here. So i'll close this topic. If you want to talk about your competition thingys then go to a website that sucks and has crap member. Gaming Update. Don't open this or you'll never see this thread again.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 101479

Post Top
Click to close