Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

BEST GLITCHES

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
TheEmptyPage Posted at: 13:53 Jul07 2005 Post ID: 244045
TheEmptyPage
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
the closest glitch i've seen the ai do would be on dreamland.

if the computer is on the very bottom, and you're on the top platfrom, depeding on which comptuer it is, the may jump and attack and fall *missing you all together*

i once had a match stop because it was two computers who were like that, one was on the top platfrom trying to grab the one on the bottom *wtf?* and the other was fox and he kept jumping and attackign and missing and kept doing it over and over..

but uh.. yeah.. poop
Cylun Posted at: 14:04 Jul08 2005 Post ID: 246388
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
So, is samus's super wavedash allowed in serious competition? I know the IC glitch isn't, but can Samus exploit that glitch?
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 15:32 Jul08 2005 Post ID: 246576
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
samus's doesn't infinite or freeze the game, so it's perfectly legal.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
GamerJustinShiel Posted at: 09:37 Jul13 2005 Post ID: 257301
GamerJustinShiel
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 01-Jul-2005 Mask-o-Sheik said:the "fox motion".....you have absolutely no idea what he is talking about :p

anyways i'm not much for glitches in melee, because they never seem to be that interesting/applicable in gameplay. i like glitches like the mew glitch or lttp glitches which allow you to do stuff you normally wouldn't be able to do Smile
NM, I thought you were saying something different, but as for Fox Motions, there are 2, both in Hyrule Temple, 1 is where he perpetually tries to jump from the bottom to the sloping ledge, but hits the ceiling next to the ledge, falls, does a double jump, and hits the cieling under the ledge. The other is where he's at the bottom, goes right where it slopes down, ,jumps off, double jumps, does a fire fox, grabs the edge, goes left, and repeats. Falco does the same thing, but since his pheonix bird has less distance than fire fox, he falls lol.
"It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power." -Shadow "I still remember what I promised you, for the people of this planet. I promise you, REVENGE!" -
No one knows Shadow better than me. Or likes him more either. Go ahead, try me.
nevake Posted at: 17:06 Jul14 2005 Post ID: 261431
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Neither does IC....its hard enough to get them frozen during battle, and after that, you can damage them up then throw, it doesn't freeze the game <_<
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:49 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 263341
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Anyone want to comment on the Samus Glitch I noted? Or is that what a Super Wavedash is?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

nevake Posted at: 16:09 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 263384
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Its not a glitch, its long been discovered. I'll note that if you hold L it follows, and it has no extra lag to Samus' normal grab. You have to press Z once it touches your opponent to grab.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 22:59 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 264208
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 14-Jul-2005 nevake said:Neither does IC....its hard enough to get them frozen during battle, and after that, you can damage them up then throw, it doesn't freeze the game <_<
yeah, but the freezing glitch is an infinite combo, you understand. The opponent is always in hitstun.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 00:17 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264378
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yes, technically its an infinite, but... it doesn't have to be infinite if you throw them out of it <_<
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:29 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268825
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
What is the easiest way to exploit Samus's Super Wavedash? Because I find it really hard to use during battle and I have to go to practice mode and put the game on 1/4 speed to make it work, and even THEN it's rediculously hard to use!
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

nevake Posted at: 16:42 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268964
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Once again, your talking about the extended grapple not the super wavedash, see samus topic.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 18:22 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 269088
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Okay, yes, I see that now. Well, I will have to try a Wavedash when I get home, and a Superwavedash, though your Submission in the Hints section about this did not clearly explain it unless I am mistaken...

Drop a Bomb, head one direction, then go the other or something before the Bomb explodes? How will that send you flying across the stage?

nevake Posted at: 18:29 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 269100
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
no, right when you hit the ground
ritt.no-ip.com
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 18:31 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 269104
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
+
+
drop a domb then wait a bit and flick left then right or right then left...and just keep doing that till you find the right timing...
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:17 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270947
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Is the Bomb's explosion supposed to send me across, or is there just some freak on the game's physics that does that?

nevake Posted at: 17:18 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270949
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, the bomb has nothing to do with it, you just have to get into ball form, and as soon as you hit the ground, you change control stick RIGHT when it hits the ground.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:21 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270954
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Okay, that's what I need to know.

sonicfan Posted at: 12:34 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 338644
sonicfan
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ok, OKAY! I have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about. (im kinda new) anyway, WTF IS waVEDASH HOW DO YOu PULL OF SAMUSE'S GRAPPLE-HOOK THINGY?�? WHY AM I ASKING ALL THERE QUESTIONS?? oh yeah, i said BEst GLITCHES!
THE ULTIMATE SONIC MASTER!!! YOU CAN NEVER DEFEAT ME!
t0ms0nic Posted at: 13:31 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 338807
t0ms0nic
Forum GuestMember
+
+
To use Samu's grapple hook,use the Grab button.To pull off the EXTENDED Grapple hook,I think you have to grab,then repeadtly hit L,R,and spin the Control stick fast,then it extends longer.
Cleaning up the cobwebs and un-covering a old Legend... t0ms0nic, thy name is Stupid. Approach with 50 foot long (advised more) poking stick. http://i1.tinypic.com/s3fpqa.gif = My Sprites. Don't use without permission from me. MSN me at [email protected]
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 18:23 Aug13 2005 Post ID: 339482
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 13-Aug-2005 sonicfan said:Ok, OKAY! I have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about. (im kinda new) anyway, WTF IS waVEDASH HOW DO YOu PULL OF SAMUSE'S GRAPPLE-HOOK THINGY?�? WHY AM I ASKING ALL THERE QUESTIONS?? oh yeah, i said BEst GLITCHES!
Goodness, calm your capitals; you're making it hard to read :p

Wave-dashing is not a glitch, though some claim that it is (those people don't understand the game mechanics)....basically, it's sliding on the ground, and it's performed by air dodging diagonally into the ground. This is usually immediately preceded by a jump, making it a quick and useful maneuver.

I'm still waiting for a sufficient explanation of Samus's extended grapple (which isn't a glitch either). Everybody says something like "use her grab and rotate the inputs on the d-pad," which is incredibly vague. I speculate it's done similarly to Fox/Falco's secret taunts (down on the d-pad for a frame) but I don't know when to press it. If somebody could test the exact inputs with AR or something I'd be grateful...
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 251168

Post Top
Click to close