Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Hardest Character to Master

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
Twilight Knight Posted at: 20:46 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214452
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Too me, he's awesome. By far my best character. Next in line is Roy, but not as awesome. TWILIGHT LINK's best character is Link too, and Twilight Prince's two best are Fox, and Link. I dunno which are his best, but Link is one of them nonetheless. He Is one of the better ones.

« Last edited by Twilight Knight on Apr 24th 2008 »
Changed my account to Days of Ragnarok.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
powahawk Posted at: 20:50 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214460
powahawk
+
+
Nice Thumbs Up

For me, I prefer Marth over Roy, but which is harder between the two?
Twilight Knight Posted at: 20:55 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214472
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I prefer Roy, because his B attack is longer, his ^+B is flaming and doesn't leave you open for attack, and he's just more powerful. The only down to him is his normal A attack is really slow.
powahawk Posted at: 20:57 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214480
powahawk
+
+
If Roy is good, I wonder why he wasn't in Brawl :| He would be cool in Brawl.

Pichu is kinda weak, so makes him hard to kill people if he gets knocked around easily.
Twilight Knight Posted at: 20:59 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214486
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I dunno. I guess Ike was a better choice. Do you have Brawl?
powahawk Posted at: 21:03 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214492
powahawk
+
+
Yep, and I'm good with Ike, but Marth still owns Ike. Ike is another with slow movement, but has power on him.
Twilight Knight Posted at: 21:06 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214499
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I see.

Well, back on topic. Yoshi's hard to master.
powahawk Posted at: 21:08 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214505
powahawk
+
+
Good point, since he also doesn't have a third jump. His moves aren't that good either.
johnkrill Posted at: 22:25 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214597
johnkrill
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I figured I'd just point this out...

Marth > Roy

I will destroy any Roy player with Marth Smile

Yoshi is just terrible, as is Zelda, Mewtwo, and Pichu. YOu can't really even be good with them (to my knowledge).

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
Ke-v-in Posted at: 22:26 Apr24 2008 Post ID: 2214598
Ke-v-in
+
+
lol Marth is decent is SSBB dunno about Melee

John please check Graphics and Artwork Forum please and look foe the Topic with your name in it
tegan41 Posted at: 22:10 Apr25 2008 Post ID: 2215782
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Marth, is actually no5t half bad in melee but Roy is better. Jigglypuff is really sucky on melee though.
johnkrill Posted at: 11:16 Apr26 2008 Post ID: 2216349
johnkrill
+
+
On 25-Apr-2008 tegan41 said:Marth, is actually no5t half bad in melee but Roy is better. Jigglypuff is really sucky on melee though.
Um, you must be extremely mis-informed then.

Marth is top tier and Roy is middle tier for a reason ;)

I remember about two years ago when I fought this same arguement of Marth vs Roy, only I was in favor of Roy.

I lost that fight. Marth tops Roy in every aspect except throwing damage.

- Marth hits for more than Roy with his sword.
- Marth has a longer Grab radius (the longest of the grabs excluding grapples and tongues).
- Marth's sweet spot is the tip of his weapon (Roy is the center). THerefor Marth is more effective the further from your opponent you are.
- Marth's UP+B move is much faster for a quicker recovery
- Marth has a continuous A attack. Roy has a one slash attack that leaves him open to be hit
- Marth still has the fire power and side-smash action that Roy has, just without fire.

Marth wins.

And Jiggs is pretty good for those skilled players. His/her throw is amazing.

marielue5 Posted at: 16:00 Apr26 2008 Post ID: 2216765
marielue5
Post Likes: 1
+
+
On 26-Apr-2008 johnkrill said:Um, you must be extremely mis-informed then.

Marth is top tier and Roy is middle tier for a reason ;)

I remember about two years ago when I fought this same arguement of Marth vs Roy, only I was in favor of Roy.

I lost that fight. Marth tops Roy in every aspect except throwing damage.

- Marth hits for more than Roy with his sword.
- Marth has a longer Grab radius (the longest of the grabs excluding grapples and tongues).
- Marth's sweet spot is the tip of his weapon (Roy is the center). THerefor Marth is more effective the further from your opponent you are.
- Marth's UP+B move is much faster for a quicker recovery
- Marth has a continuous A attack. Roy has a one slash attack that leaves him open to be hit
- Marth still has the fire power and side-smash action that Roy has, just without fire.

Marth wins.

And Jiggs is pretty good for those skilled players. His/her throw is amazing.
Agree completly, marth is just amazing, and way better then roy, tier proves that.

Now we really need to get back on topic, what do you guys think is the hardest charciter to master?
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

tegan41 Posted at: 23:37 Apr26 2008 Post ID: 2217699
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I wasn't mis-informed. I judge a character by how well I can play as him. I don't use "tiers"Roy is stronger than Marth in my views
johnkrill Posted at: 08:08 Apr27 2008 Post ID: 2218047
johnkrill
+
+
Well, play Marth more. You'll be a better player ;)

Twilight Knight Posted at: 08:48 Apr27 2008 Post ID: 2218082
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
We'll see about that. To be on topic, I think Pichu is the hardest to master, but I have something else.

JohnKrill: You lost the argument, I probably will too, but you have to have the second side of the story too.

- Marth hits for more than Roy with his sword. You mean he is more powerful? I guess I've never tested that. I've always thought Roy was more powerful.
Tell me this: how the heck do you test that?
- Marth's sweet spot is the tip of his weapon (Roy is the center). THerefor Marth is more effective the further from your opponent you are. Yes, but Roy is more effective the closer you are to the center of his blade. This part of the argument can go either way.
- Marth's UP+B move is much faster for a quicker recovery It also has one big slash that leaves him open. The recovery doesn't matter when the opponant can still attack you in the air. Roy's doesn't do that.
- Marth has a continuous A attack. Roy has a one slash attack that leaves him open to be hit I have to agree with you on that one. It's the main disavantage of him.
- Marth still has the fire power and side-smash action that Roy has, just without fire. How can he have the power of the fire if he doesn't have the fire? Fire has an incredible advantage. You may not think it, but it does.

You see. There are two sides to every story. They both have there advantages, and they both have their disadvantages.

Roy also has a longer B attack. That comes in hadny when you are waiting for them to jump back to land after you knocked them off the stage.

« Last edited by Twilight Knight on Apr 27th 2008 »
johnkrill Posted at: 05:20 Apr28 2008 Post ID: 2219624
johnkrill
+
+
On 27-Apr-2008 Twilight Knight said:We'll see about that. To be on topic, I think Pichu is the hardest to master, but I have something else.

JohnKrill: You lost the argument, I probably will too, but you have to have the second side of the story too.

- Marth hits for more than Roy with his sword. You mean he is more powerful? I guess I've never tested that. I've always thought Roy was more powerful.
Tell me this: how the heck do you test that?
- Marth's sweet spot is the tip of his weapon (Roy is the center). THerefor Marth is more effective the further from your opponent you are. Yes, but Roy is more effective the closer you are to the center of his blade. This part of the argument can go either way.
- Marth's UP+B move is much faster for a quicker recovery It also has one big slash that leaves him open. The recovery doesn't matter when the opponant can still attack you in the air. Roy's doesn't do that.
- Marth has a continuous A attack. Roy has a one slash attack that leaves him open to be hit I have to agree with you on that one. It's the main disavantage of him.
- Marth still has the fire power and side-smash action that Roy has, just without fire. How can he have the power of the fire if he doesn't have the fire? Fire has an incredible advantage. You may not think it, but it does.

You see. There are two sides to every story. They both have there advantages, and they both have their disadvantages.

Roy also has a longer B attack. That comes in hadny when you are waiting for them to jump back to land after you knocked them off the stage.
I have not lost, and (no offense) I can tell I'm more experienced in Melee than you.

- Marth hits for about 1% more per attack than Roy does. Please test that to comfirm. Roy's throws do 2% more damage (but I hit with my sword far more often).

- Marth's grab radius vs Roy can also be tested. Stand far away with Marth and he'll successfully grab. Now same distance for Roy? A grab miss.

- Why would you want to be more effective with attacks CLOSER to your opponent? The whole point with Marth and Roy is to use your disjointed hit box (sword) to keep opponents at a distance (since your sword doesn't take damage).

- Um, all UP+B attacks leave ALL character's open. If I can get back to the ground faster, I can recovery faster, and therefore I won't be open for attack.

- Yes, the continuous attack is 100000% better.

The fire graphics that Roy has does not make him better in any way. That's like saying Young Links arrows (which are on fire) are much better than Links, and therefore Young Link > Link (false). Marth can hit people just as far (maybe further) than Roy can.

So you've pretty much proved your lack on knowlege in this debate ;)

As for the B attack, it's a waste to use when you can just Side Smash them with the same result. The B charge takes WAY to long to make it great for anything.

If you feel like arguing more, please don't. I'll let you keep your opinions and I'll keep my facts.

Twilight Knight Posted at: 07:13 Apr28 2008 Post ID: 2219663
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Alright, fine, but my oppinion is that what you think is your oppinion. And by the way, when I said that you lost the arguement, I ment the one where you were for Roy.
johnkrill Posted at: 13:37 Apr28 2008 Post ID: 2219843
johnkrill
+
+
Just as lon gas you know ;)

Pichu isn't hard to master; he just sucks period :P

Twilight Knight Posted at: 15:27 Apr28 2008 Post ID: 2219973
Twilight Knight
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Lol. Ness does too.

« Last edited by Twilight Knight on Apr 28th 2008 »
Displaying Page 6 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close