Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Ok, so I'm going to a tournament next week

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 13:53 Jul06 2005 Post ID: 241871
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Indeed.

You never go to tournaments your first time expecting to win, or even make it far.

Instead, use it as a learning experience.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:54 Jul06 2005 Post ID: 242569
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 06-Jul-2005 Patooty said:woot, DB has been enlightened, and soon SSBMRoy will also be enlightened with actual tourney experience. SSBMRoy, good luck with the tourney, even though you don't think you need it. You're gonna come back a very humble smasher Smile
You bet. (>'.')>
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 21:19 Oct18 2005 Post ID: 475656
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I set up at tournament also at a video game store called Microplay. It's a twenty dollar entrance fee but the winner walks home with a Nintendo Revolution. (Well doesn't walk home with one, but gets a call to pick it up at Microplay whenever it comes out.) I'm egar to win this tournament so i can get the Revolution and try out SSBR, which is just going to rock the bowels of awesomeness! It's going to be difficult though because all the matches are Four ways, and the only level we're fighting in is Final Destination, i'll be disapointed if i lose! I've trained so hard for this! At first i figured it would just be a bunch of Smash players duking it out, but as of now, i have my brother in law who's a pro with Marth...the two of us have been beating each other down left and right, it's a fude! If i win this tournament, or lose, but eliminate him in the process, he'll never talk to me again, if i lose to him, i'll lock myself in my room for life. It's going to be tense. BUT AWESOME! I can't wait!
Cylun Posted at: 06:29 Oct19 2005 Post ID: 475937
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
congratulation! you bring back dead topic! What a winner idea!

Also, I doubt either of you (you or your brother and law)are professional if you use free for alls to determine your tournament. Also, note that you can't simple only fight in final destination, as Falco with his SHB will have an advantage there. You would want to limit it to a randomly selected stage with stage bans placed on all stages except for FD and the levels with three platforms in a triangle formation
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
retroguy Posted at: 17:55 Oct19 2005 Post ID: 476568
retroguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Wow, who won? I wonder who won the tourney. How do u guys do?
Im back

If you wanna talk to me, i dont really use MSN anymore.
homer Posted at: 17:59 Oct19 2005 Post ID: 476580
homer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'll give you LOT'S of luck; for one there are INCREDIBLE Player's Competing in that Tournament.
retroguy Posted at: 06:44 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 477317
retroguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
This happened the Beginning of July - someone bumped a old topic
Im back

If you wanna talk to me, i dont really use MSN anymore.
ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 12:00 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 477614
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wow Cycoon, whatever your name is. you're starting to give me a headache with your obnoxious attitude. First thing i want to get through your thick head is. "My brother and Law use Roy and Marth like no other." and if i had it my way i'd gladly pick random for stage select, but unfortunatly i didn't make this tournament so i don't call the shots. And PLEASE! If anyone knows how Fox and Falco fight, it's me. They absolutely, ROYALLY suck! Put it this way junior, the day i lose to one of the star fox characters is the day i stop playing the game. I know so many ways to **** of Falco and Fox players it's hilarious.
ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 12:01 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 477616
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
My brother in law and I****
eaglesbutterfly Posted at: 16:09 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 477993
eaglesbutterfly
Forum GuestMember
+
+
[color=purple][/color]Hi everyone. Well one this is if you want a certain character such as Dr. Mario you have to go through steps. I have a question. Are you guys all boys??? I just want to know. I am very new to this, so help me out. Ok? Oh and by the way, I am a girl, but I know alot about video games so any video game questions can go to me. Specily sonic games. I think sonic is cute. Oops that was suupose to stay in my head. Anyway my favorite character is Amy. Talk to me later and reply if you get the chance.
CunningKitsune Posted at: 16:11 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 477997
CunningKitsune
Forum GuestMember
+
+
"Wow Cycoon, whatever your name is. you're starting to give me a headache with your obnoxious attitude."

Is the irony intentional or what...?

"First thing i want to get through your thick head is. 'My brother and Law use Roy and Marth like no other.'"

Unless you are a certain Ken, Azen, Isai, or NEO, chances are that you do not "use Roy and Marth like no other," especially considering that these players, especially Ken for Marth and NEO for Roy, essentially defined high-level play with their respective characters. Perhaps in your local scene you two "use Marth and Roy like no other," but I assure you that this is otherwise in the broader competitive scene.

"And PLEASE! If anyone knows how Fox and Falco fight, it's me. They absolutely, ROYALLY suck!"

Sarcasm...? If not, you have just revealed the extent of your low-level play, which admittedly is quite low, judging by such a statement. It sounds like we are playing two different games, really. You obviously are not aware of what either character can do at truly high-levels, particularly a polished, technical Fox. I'd be more than happy to elaborate if you are in the dark about this.

"Put it this way junior, the day i lose to one of the star fox characters is the day i stop playing the game. I know so many ways to **** of Falco and Fox players it's hilarious."

If you have not yet lost to a Fox or Falco, you obviously have not been playing space animal players that are any semblance of the words "experienced" and "technical," much less "good." Your low-level local players do not count, truth be told. I assure you that if you were to play strong players of either space animal, you would quickly end up dropping the game, as per your self-imposed terms. And "junior"? You act as if Cylun (yes, that is his name) is entirely below you; in truth, it seems as if he is indeed at a higher level than that which you are currently at.

It's ironic also that I as a Fox player know all manner of ways to defeat both Roy and Marth. Care to share any of your methods for so easily dispatching the space animals? I am quite confident that any theoretical situation which you create in this regard will be either matched or exceeded by anything a high-level Fox can perform on your character. I await your response.

Also, I highly doubt that a video game store tourney, especially one with such a ruleset as that, is any semblance of the word "competitive." The utter absence of high-level influence on the rules is staggering, really, and it more than shows the general lack of abilities there. If you and your brother-in-law are truly "pros" with your respective characters (although something tells me that you are not quite aware of the true weight of that word in regards to SSBM), you really should have little trouble cleaning up.
ProRoyPlayer Posted at: 16:59 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478115
ProRoyPlayer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
A. Your the most ignorant person on the net.
B. You shouldn't stick your noes where it doesn't belong.
And C. You sound like one of those internet geeks that spend all their day on candystand.com playing checkers, and chess. That's right, i'm talking to you Kitsune.
I am totally disgusted in the way you just spoke out to me. I am an accomplished SSBM player with Roy, and i've been up against Fox and Falco players that studied Azen, Chillin, and Dave's techniques. Who the hell are you to message me with such disrespect you thick lump. I wouldn't dare fight anyone in that game who wouldn't give me a challange, i only fight those who have high leveled experience, (Which i doubt you have) Because Fox is a pathetic little chipmunk that humps his bird-boy-friend better then he fights, I know this because well...EVERYONE PICKS FOX! lol him or Link. the most common, most lousiest characters in the game. And i might as well add you were being very intentional yourself when you said you know how to fight Roy and Marth off the back of your head. That's just plain ignorance, and if you were in a location next to me, i would be honored to beat you all over final destination, or whatever level you desire. OHHHHH and while i'm at it. Tell me? Do you have a life? I can't believe you copied and pasted all those remarks i made above, man...that's just sick. My cousin, who is also an accomplished Marth player, a future Ken, would like to add a remark towards you. From this point on, it is not i speaking to you.

DarkMarth: First off....I would like to say you are by far the most ignorant player i've ever heard of, what right do you have sticking your noes into other peoples business. As you were saying, you are a Fox player, and you can handle a Marth and Roy player with ease, well my ignorent/pathetic friend, Fox and Falco have no skill what so ever! All they have is there pathetic blaster and there weak kicks...I know cause I know SOOO many people who use these two. I myself use to use Falco but until switching to Marth my skill level went up dramatically, and every Fox Falco player i've seen on the net, have never shamed Marth and Roy's name in a "fair" fight. And to go on as this tournament being pathetic and not worthy enough, you know this how? because of the rules? too let you know, there are other tournmaments with different rules, sure we may only be allowed in final destination, but that's how it goes, we don't make the rules...beggers can't be choosers. Enough of this time wasted, I myself think you're terrible, your attitude makes it obvious. Personally you disgust me.

Smell ya later, Loser.
DarkMarth Posted at: 18:41 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478325
DarkMarth
Forum GuestMember
+
+
HAHAHAHA...wow Cylon...what did you have to get one of your buddys to help you out, what can't stand up for yourself?

Well here's a tint of info for ya pal,
A.Don't ever be ignorent to my cousin again.
B. Pick better friends to back you up cause Kitsune (whatever kind of name is that I don't know? -_-')Sucks lol he doesn't know what he's talking about and he has a crappy attiude..In my opion Fox sucks more then just falco! Hes just all out bad!I mean Marth,Roy at least they take skill to play and they look way more cooler then a fox and bird lol plus The fire emblem characters made SSBM.!

If you wish to fight back lol go ahead as I see it theres nothing to argue!
Cylun Posted at: 20:47 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478427
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Stop it DarkMarth. That is the most obvious attempt at a joke account I have ever seen. Not only is your post laden with grammatical errors, but it contains many "facts" that are irrevelant( they look way cooler, fire emblem characters make ssbm, etc), unproven(you say IMO before you said that fox sucks, yet you then say he is all out bad and do not even begin to argue why), and just completely wrong(cunning kitsune a fool? read his god damn faq on Fox before flaming multiple people)

Furthermore, I am confused as to whether ProRoyPlayer is a joke account or not. He does make some reasonable statements(his info on Roy was indeed correct, albeit somewhat lacking, he utalizes dtilt more than any person one might call a "n00b", but then he goes on to say (concerning fox and falco) "All they have is there pathetic blaster and there weak kicks" and, to add to that, he replies to cunning kitsune's brilliant post (really, I have never seen a poster as flawless as cunningkitsune, and his fox is awesome to boot) in a nearly incoherent wall of text/flame, managing to spell "nose" as "noes". I assume you are either a brilliant joke account or a determined ssbm player who, having recently learned of meta-game tactics, wants to show off his knowledge.

I will admit, I myself am weak and have to long been weaned off of the computers. My only friend is ready to learn advanced moves (he learned crouch canceling without using the internet and has incorperated it into his game), but doesn't feel like using them. (leading to very I am in no way ready to face almost any of the high-to meta level players I have met online, and I certainly can learn more (I specialize on general knowledge of characters. I haven't had sufficiant in game practice and terribly suck at stadium). Although I certainly am not the nearly as good as others, I don't just say "i'm the best, you disagree your st00pid lol fox is gay".

And for the record, my name is Cylun
Alucard1528 Posted at: 20:55 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478431
Alucard1528
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wow, the stupidity in this topic really makes me want to die. Seriously.

Why dont you watch this video
http://www.ssbm.it/musicvids/ShinedBlind.wmv

Does Fox suck now?
Alucard1528 Posted at: 20:57 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478432
Alucard1528
Forum GuestMember
+
+
>_>
<_<
refresh glitch phails
DarkMarth Posted at: 21:20 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478446
DarkMarth
Forum GuestMember
+
+
.....Wow..you got it all figured out don't you Cylun. I mean lol you say that DarkMarth is a joke account? I can't see it being a joke? you go on with grammer mistakes, well it would help if you would have pointed out what mistakes I did make,( they look way cooler, fire emblem characters make ssbm, etc),I said that lol I don't think I said it that bad did I..lets see..(at least they take skill to play and they look way more cooler then a fox and bird lol plus The fire emblem characters made SSBM.) hmm makes sense to me?

(I assume you are either a brilliant joke account or a determined ssbm player who, having recently learned of meta-game tactics, wants to show off his knowledge.)

Guess what you assumed wrong pal..I am no joke,I think you are a joke for even writeing your post!

I mean man you say I should read Fox's Faqs? why I know all about him hes terrible..Roy know's it I know it I think most of the Roy and Marth player's know it.I mean Fox has nothing on Roy and Marth..and I mean a "skilled Roy and Marth player".

I think I wasted enough time on you and your crappy assumtions.Get a life man I mean DarkMarth is much much better then friggen Cylun.

Now we could wright post's back and forth till were dead haha,I don't know about you but your kinnda a waste of time, remember you are the one that was very ignorent to my cousin for no reason, so yes I think you are very ignorent.HAHA yes Fox is Gay! and I could careless what anyone says!I yet seen a fox player that has impressed me until then.
Cylun Posted at: 21:39 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478453
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Very well then. Tell me. What makes Roy top tier? Do not say"flare blade(a red flag of ignorance)" "his attacks have fire(irellavent)" "he is strong and fast(extremely vague, and he is not terribly fast either)" "he takes skill(overly vague answer)" "he has good range(pertinant, but not enough to give him an edge over fox)" or "fox sucks".

Also, explain to me how to use Fox's reflector. Do not say "i shouldn't know because fox sucks". That is an unnaceptable answer because it is about as acurate, logical, and trustable as the rediculous prejudicial portrayals of African Americans made in the 19th century.

Explain to me why fox's rediculous shffling speed does not give him an edge.

Explain to me why fox's amazing ability to weave in and out of enemy attack rang edoes not give him an edge.

Explain to me why his rediculous vertkill capability does not give him an edge.

Explain to me why his shinespike does not give him an edge.

Explain to me how fox's, and ESPECIALY falco's SHB(short hop double blast is possible with fox, correct kitsune?) is in anyway weak.

Explain to me how Fox's amaising sex kick that can practicly start infinites from anywhere does not give him an edge.

Explain to me why his amazing running/fox trotting speed does not give him an edge?

Explain to me how his ever useful reflector does not give him an edge.

Certainly, fox and marth are a very interesting match, but how does ROY of all people manage to overtake fox at all?
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 22:14 Oct20 2005 Post ID: 478460
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm hereby closing this topic. It's off topic and unrelated to the original discussion. Not only so, but this tension that's building will only lead to flaming.

My final words:

The two newcomers who came to this forum:

As a competitive player myself, I have no doubts that you believe yourselves to be good players. However, assuming you live in the US, unless you've traveled the country yourself and played in some of the major tournaments in different states, your opinion and experience of the game itself only applies to the competition around your area. There ARE those who have a bit more experience than you do, not only because they've been able to explore deeply into the mechanics of the game, but because they've broadened their horizons by playing different people all over the country. Some of them in different countries. Seeing as you may have heard of the some of the elite players of our nation, you must know this to be true.

However, there is no need to bash other players for using certain characters, nor do you need to bash on the characters themselves. It's extremely rude and unneccesary. That goes for both you and all the regulars who often come to our forum.

In conclusion, all I could ask of all of you, including the regulars, is to stay open minded to other people's ideas. You'd be surprised at the things you might learn.

Thank you for coming, and please, keep growing to learn more about the game.
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 239161

Post Top
Click to close