Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

The Roy Topic (Post Away!!)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
Patooty Posted at: 16:04 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351186
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I've been to a nintendo tournament before. I won myself a shirt and a gameboy game. I can say that their tourneys aren't that organized, and the organizers don't care about the ruleset. I played in two, one was on Bonus, and the other was on Time. They don't really seem to care what it's on, they'll just start the tourney with whatever's there. It was 4-player FFA with items on. Stop putting your faith in Nintendo that they must be the best ever. Have YOU ever been to a tourney of theirs?
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 16:13 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351199
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Nintendo tournaments are not very good. That's already been proven by their poor competition in NYC a few weeks ago.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 18:38 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351444
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
player run tournaments usually have rulesets something like this:

game rules:
- 1-on-1 stock battle, 3-5 stock
- all characters and stages unlocked!
- best 2 of 3 (in later stages, 3 of 5 or 4 of 7)
- no items
- most moving stages (mute city is on, and sometimes poke floats and rainbow cruise are left on) are turned off, as well as hyrule, great bay, fourside, and usually any walk-off stages (like flatzone or mk 1 or 2)
- stage in first battle is random (out of standard stages, usually out of about 7)
- character selection in first battle is blind (technically, though usually people just pick their best and don't insist on blind pick)
- slob picks for any following battles - loser picks legal stage, winner picks character, loser picks character (in that order)
- some other rules, like not picking the same stage twice in one round
- various rules to prevent pausing, such as allowing the other player to restart match with their level of choice

tournament construction (usually, though not the case in gs):

- preliminary rounds are a number of round robin tournaments to determine seeding
- tournament is double elimination
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
marin Posted at: 14:31 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353055
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
it would be really interesting if you could use the wireless attachment to your gamecube to play tournyment mode all over the world... then i wouldnt be bored blowing my self up with bob ombs in practice mode continously
Marin, pokemon master
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 14:40 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353082
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The Nintendo Revolution will have just that: a Wi-Fi wireless system built into every console.
marin Posted at: 17:59 Aug21 2005 Post ID: 357001
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
wow... maybe when that comes out ill take you up on your challenge patooy
Marin, pokemon master
marin Posted at: 17:51 Apr10 2006 Post ID: 781926
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
still havent found that wi-fi plugin... although my guess is since ssbm was made so much before it "came out" it may not work... :(... but i got proof there expecting it such as the fact that kirby air ride has the option for a Lan/broadband play feature, to be honest i have proly about 4 "best characters" and 3 that i basicly suck with, (ganondorf captain falcon mewtwo)where i constantly misplace my timing... then i start using people like link samus peach and mario and i start causing mass hell among me and my friends, i never really learned to do any of the special moves, like wavedash and links super jump (link actually has a super jump?) and 2 of my friends (who dont have computers) keep saying im using them when i do thing like marios jump and A+right so that i smash them down... how thats wavedash or super jump i DONT know it looks nothing like it cuz i think i saw wavedash on an online movie once where samus randomly moved all the way across final destination in like .10 of a second but that could just be edited
Marin, pokemon master
Displaying Page 4 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close