Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

What's so good about Mewtwo?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Joshgt3 Posted at: 11:50 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 250695
Joshgt3
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Can someone other than RJFighter tell me what is so good about mewtwo?

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Joshgt3 Posted at: 11:53 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 250703
Joshgt3
+
+
The only thing that I think is good about Mewtwo is the fact that he can jump really good

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 12:55 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 250812
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
that's about it :p.

mewtwo is one of the worst characters in the game - he has some comboability and can recover from anywhere, but he has a terrible approach, which kills him against most characters.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 15:49 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 251129
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I personally like Mewtwo :*, mainly because
1. Better than Pichu in Bottom Tier
2. Has good comboing ability's (sort of)
3. Recovery
4. I somehow can do well vs. foxes
5. A bunch of other reasons only my mind can understand
ritt.no-ip.com
nevake Posted at: 15:51 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 251134
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
whoops doublepost
ritt.no-ip.com
XIF Posted at: 15:55 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 251147
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
*deletes your double post*

any time ;)

anyway, Mewtwo is actually not TOO bad, just that he is so punishable that its ridiculous. his tilt combo's are arguably better than Sheik's o_O;

that, and his recovery is ridiculously awesome.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 16:09 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 251172
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
oh yeah, Mewtwo can combo and recover. They don't redeem him if he gets hit nine times more than the opponent does, though. He has quite a few nice moves, but none of them work for him, which is why he's bottom tier.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 16:16 Jul10 2005 Post ID: 251188
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
He at least needs more credit than he deserves :/. Maybe most people think that just because the top tiers knock him around or something like that...which shouldn't be what its based upon. But, i disagree with the tiers there and moving Jiggs down to High from Upper.
ritt.no-ip.com
Joshgt3 Posted at: 10:15 Jul11 2005 Post ID: 252546
Joshgt3
+
+
Mewtwo is powerful, I just don't think that he is really that good. On the same token, it all depends on the user of the character

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:07 Jul11 2005 Post ID: 253089
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Okay... Mewtwo is very difficult to control, I'll tell you that now.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Joshgt3 Posted at: 21:34 Jul11 2005 Post ID: 253783
Joshgt3
+
+
i agree. I wonder who the easyest is to control? I think yoshi

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:41 Jul11 2005 Post ID: 253793
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
sheik and peach :p sheik because her style is so simple, and peach because she has so many options that you can just fly with two or three and have reasonable success
Joshgt3 Posted at: 21:42 Jul11 2005 Post ID: 253798
Joshgt3
+
+
thats true. But yoshi only has 2 jumps, you can control his egg easyily, and his egg bomb goes right to people

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
nevake Posted at: 07:56 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 254451
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hardest to control with advanced techniques? Definately fox, easiest? Sheik no contest. Sheik having unbelievably infinite options to lead into her godly fair, can chain throw half the cast, has fast tilts, smashes AND aerials, can play both ground and air with ease transfering from one to the other better than say....Jigglypuff or Marth (although anyone will have trouble approching Marth). Fox with advanced techniques, has the hardest short hop to perform, needs extreme button speed to pull off insane combos. Since his shine is 1 frame long, that means you can jump cancel it with ease extremely fast. So fox has a move that is 1/60th of a second start up time, and a very fast ending time. But, it takes even more skill to play more advanced with mind games, shl, rshl, inverse drill-shine infinites and so forth. Only person i see infinite like its nothing is MoFo...

Yoshi? I have no Yoshi experience, but i can safely say he isn't the easiest character to control, meaning if you can't sweetspot the stage, than your opponent need only hit you after you finish your jump but still in the air for you to fall to your doom. His egg is barely used i think.

Peach? Yes i kind of agree, but any sort of down hitting type of move kind of screws here anti-edgeguarding techniques. But, she has a good projectile that works for her, can fc, good smashes, can chain fox, falco, and cf; best horizontal recovery, etc... The first time i actually fought a good peach surprised me so, it was funny how i didn't know what hit me.
ritt.no-ip.com
Joshgt3 Posted at: 15:23 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255270
Joshgt3
+
+
wow....... how do you know all of this?

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
TheEmptyPage Posted at: 15:37 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255344
TheEmptyPage
Forum GuestMember
+
+
... mainly cause we play the game <_<

but yeah, actually Yoshi's up b is used a good bit.. dependign i suppose

i know Fumi likes to egg fromt he ledge.. but mabye that' sjus tsomehtign he does..
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 15:47 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255377
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
enough exposure at gfaqs, smashboards and/or competitive vids can get you a pretty impressive general grasp of the game. many of us also specialize in a specific character, too (toby - luigi, me - cfalcon, dizzy - peach, etc.). it's pretty much general consensus that sheik and peach are probably the two easiest characters to pick up at a fairly high level.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:54 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255509
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Mario, as I know it, is the simplest character to play with. Very basic techniques.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Joshgt3 Posted at: 17:14 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255542
Joshgt3
+
+
I still think yoshi is the easyest because you don't have to worry about pressing B+up for your third jump and the egg is so easy to control and B+up goes right to the enemy

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:16 Jul12 2005 Post ID: 255547
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
You don't have to worry about pressing up+B for a third jump? Excuse me, but it's actually an advantage to have that power, really. Yoshi's second jump isn't actually all that great.

Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close