Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

What's so good about Mewtwo?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
RJ Fighter Posted at: 22:55 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267683
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
Post Likes: 5
+
+
It's not the character, but the player in control... :P
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Joshgt3 Posted at: 22:57 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267687
Joshgt3
Post Likes: 0
+
+
if you're the player then watch out people... We'll need to put a sign on your forehead saying "Student Fighter" just like the new people on the roads these days lol

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 23:27 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267745
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
+
+
actually mewtwo is a really sucky character...I think there was some debate if pichu should be higher than mewtwo on the list...

>_>
RJ Fighter Posted at: 23:30 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267751
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
+
+
I can kick a lvl 9 pichu's a** easily with Mewtwo. >_>
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 23:46 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267781
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yeah, that's called ai manipulation and it doesn't have any relevance against humans.

the fact of the matter is, unfortunately for you, that mewtwo is simply a weak and limited character at the highest level. his options aren't cohesive and in general he loses to almost every character in the game. he has his strengths - his decent combo game and his incredible recovery - but he lacks segues into his combos and his pressure game is terrible. this leaves him greatly crippled as far as actually hitting the opponent goes, and the competitive smash community has left him in bottom tier for those reasons. still above pichu though.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
RJ Fighter Posted at: 23:48 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267785
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
+
+
Grrr... Ain't my fault ninty f***ed my best pokemon up >_<
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 23:50 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267791
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
In truth, if Mewtwo was created like he was in the games/anime, he would kick everyone's butt.
RJ Fighter Posted at: 23:52 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267794
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
+
+
^I have to agree with you on that one.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 00:11 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 267813
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
well exactly. they underpowered him this game severely - he would be able to defeat everybody but about three characters practically instantly. if they fought like they did in their respective stories, i'd say ness would edge out mewtwo but mewtwo would beat everyone else pretty easily (except for a little trouble with ganon and zelda). but even ness vs m2 would be quite a tough match for either of them to win.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:20 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268802
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Back on topic.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Joshgt3 Posted at: 12:23 Jul21 2005 Post ID: 274889
Joshgt3
+
+
Mewtwo is not even good in the game. All he can do is jump and I think it all depends on the person using each of the characters. I mean one person could say mewtwo is the best because they know how to use him. But another person could say that Dr. Mario is the best because that person is good with Dr. Mario.

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 12:34 Jul21 2005 Post ID: 274930
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
They'd be wrong though. You can kick *** with Pichu, but that doesn't magically change his stats and attributes. Sure, player skill matters, but the characters have their limits, and a player can only take the character that far. Otherwise, they'd all be equal in perfection, which they are very obviously not.

I hate the misconception that just because you like something, it is FACTUALLY good. With some stuff, it comes down to a very open opinion. "omg oot is teh best gam evar lol!!1" I see it alot, and people get bitched at for saying it because it's an opinion thrown out as fact. Then we can have "pchu is teh best caractr in ssmb lol!!1", which is not even an opinion, but just a blatant lie. Faves are faves and are always opinions. There can BE a best with some things, though, or at least to an extent that it gets narrowed down (for instance, you'll get arguments about who's better between Sheik and Fox, whereas Pichu is DEFINTIELY not better than Fox). Anyways. Fave is fave. Best is best. Fave != best.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
dashdancedan18 Posted at: 16:30 Jul21 2005 Post ID: 275604
dashdancedan18
Forum GuestMember
+
+
you're winner
Joshgt3 Posted at: 09:34 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 277007
Joshgt3
+
+
On 21-Jul-2005 TobiasXelKythe said:They'd be wrong though. You can kick *** with Pichu, but that doesn't magically change his stats and attributes. Sure, player skill matters, but the characters have their limits, and a player can only take the character that far. Otherwise, they'd all be equal in perfection, which they are very obviously not.

I hate the misconception that just because you like something, it is FACTUALLY good. With some stuff, it comes down to a very open opinion. "omg oot is teh best gam evar lol!!1" I see it alot, and people get bitched at for saying it because it's an opinion thrown out as fact. Then we can have "pchu is teh best caractr in ssmb lol!!1", which is not even an opinion, but just a blatant lie. Faves are faves and are always opinions. There can BE a best with some things, though, or at least to an extent that it gets narrowed down (for instance, you'll get arguments about who's better between Sheik and Fox, whereas Pichu is DEFINTIELY not better than Fox). Anyways. Fave is fave. Best is best. Fave != best.
I agree on that alot. But I still think that based on character abilities that alot of other people are better than Mewtwo. I mean really. I'm not the best fighter with this game but if I go against a level 9 mewtwo i have a hard time. But if i go against a level 9 Ganadorf, then I get my *** kicked. It it always the Mewtwo fans that say he is the best when I have to disagree with them

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 15:57 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278357
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
well, level 9 comps don't prove much because they aren't good and they have very lopsided skills. there are high-level players that use mewtwo remarkably well (mookie-rah, umbreonmow, some others), but they recognize that he's one of the worst in the game.

ganon, on the other hand, is in the top half of characters, but not near the top either. around 10th i'd say.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 19:04 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278964
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Ganondorf has an excellent downb attack. I was experimenting with it earlier today, and I found about 4 more definitions that should be added to that GameFAQs list involving it, as well as a new way to use it: while a foe is busy recovering to the stage, double-jump, then Wizard's Foot at the foe OFF of the stage. This will cause the foe to fly downward at high speed, and then, you always have that extra midair jump you get from the move, so then you can recover more easily back to the stage.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Joshgt3 Posted at: 21:28 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281804
Joshgt3
+
+
I have also noticed that if you go against 2 people (this happens alot with ganadorf) The people seam to double team you. With that being said, no one can say that the computer player even at level 9 that they have no skill and no timing to there attcks. I know this is off topic and all but if you are going against 2 level 9 ganadorfs for instince. They will put you in a spot when you try to recover where they will time in perfectly to double team you untill you die. Once they start and you don't have the kind of person with a good comback, then you're dead. This is a reason why no one should say that the computer people have no timing or double teaming skills. I have heard alot of people say this about the computer's skills

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
tunaice Posted at: 16:01 Aug06 2005 Post ID: 320675
tunaice
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Mewtwo's OK. That's just my opinion.
My New Fourms: http://digitalgraffiti.forumup.org/ PLEASE JOIN!
Joshgt3 Posted at: 07:00 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 324269
Joshgt3
+
+
I think that it all depends on who is playing Mewtwo to say wheather he is good or not. But if you have him on the computer level, he plays the same and there are no changes. Having a computer VS. computer would be really good..... this way you can not say that Mewtwo is good because this guy played him. Doing this, I am going to prove that there is nothing really that good about Mewtwo

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
F-Zone360 Posted at: 07:17 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 324294
F-Zone360
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Well, Mewtwo has:
1. Average Attack
2. Lower Defense (Easier to knock out)
3. High Jump Level
4. Counters
5. Strong Throws

To me, Mewtwo's not that bad.

GOODBYE SUPERCHEATS, IT WAS A GREAT RUN
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close