Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Characters & Theyr'e So Called Clones

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Jirachi X Posted at: 01:30 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264459
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Ok, im here to tell you that the Character & theyr'e so called 'Clone' are different
(K all you ppl who know every character like the back of theyr'e hand, i suk at explanations)

1 Mario & Dr Mario
There is a key difference between these 2 characters(No, not the outfit) The B attack, Dr Marios B attack is stronger than Mario's, & also, Dr Marios Pills boune higher than Mario's Fire Balls.
(For those of you who would like to continue this do so)

2 Captain Falcon & Ganondorf
This is pretty easy to reconise, Ganondorf is stonger but slower & has crappy jumping, while on the other hand C Falcon is weakish, Fast & also a crappy jumper, there is one attack that Ganondorf has that is totally different than C Falcons Up A (Not Smash A) When C Falcon Does This He just kicks his enemies up. But when Ganondorf does this, he holds his leg up for a bit then brings it down with explosive results.

3 Fox & Falco
Fox is faster, Falco jumps higher.
(For those of you who would like to continue this, do so)

4 Link & Young Link
Link is slower but his sword packs more of a wallop than Young Link, Young Link is Faster, a Better Jumper, & He Has Fire Arrows Which Do More Damage Than Links Arrows, But If You Get In Close Up & Young Link Fires It Only Does 1 Damage.

5 Pikachu & Pichu
2 Very Key Differences, Pichu Is Faster But Does Damage To Itself When It Uses Electrical Attacks.

6 Marth & Roy
Marth Is Faster & His Aerial Attacks Are Way Better Than Roy's, Marth Can Do Deadly Aerial Combos & His Dolphin Slash (Up B) Is One Of The Fastest Up B Attacks In The Game. On The Other Hand Roy Is Slower & Ads A Hint Of Flame To His Attacks
I'm gone - bye
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 02:16 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264507
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Doc's pills have identical damage and stun as Mario's fireballs. The ONLY difference is its trajectory and the way it bounces, and granted, that's a very major difference and it completely changes the way Doc plays in comparison to Mario.

Doc's pills allow for huge projectile setups and distraction techniques that are impossible to recreate with Mario's fireballs.

Mario's cape gives him a larger boost when recovering.

The last hit of Mario's tornado sends straight up, whereas Doc's sends more to the side.

Mario's AAA combo is faster than Doc's, so it combos more efficiently.

Mario's utilt is more juggle-friendly than Doc's, because it tends to send the opponent straight up instead of to the side.

Their dtilts send at different angles, but both of them suck anyway.

Mario's usmash is stronger and more suitable for KOs, but it can be used as a juggle starter at low percents. Doc's is a lot weaker, but that also makes it a better juggle starter at most percentage ranges.

Mario's fsmash has much more range, but it's also weaker than Doc's, and it is even weaker if you fail to connect with the fireball that comes out.

Doc's dsmash is stronger than Mario's.

Doc's nair starts weak and gets stronger the longer it stays out. Mario's starts strong and gets weaker.

Each of the hits in Doc's dair sends slightly up, creating a sort of vacuuming effect. Mario's dair is much more erratic, but there is a hit at the end that sends farther if you land during the attack.

Doc's fair sends up and away - a powerful finishing move. Mario's fair is a meteor smash if the opponent is airborne, and it serves as a combo starter.
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
nevake Posted at: 02:28 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264508
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Mario vs Doc: You know nothing, go here: http://s4.invisionfree.com/ssbmrpritt/index.php?showtopic=150

Ganon vs Falcon: Ganon falls much much slower. His ganon kick is shorter. He has a slower, more powerful meteor in dair. Ganon's recovery is much better. Ganon has a bash as an fair while falcon has "the knee". Ganon has better grab game. Ganon's Warlock punch is slower (>_<). His u-tilt is useless. Has overall better range. Much longer taunt (:P). Ganon has slower running. His d-smash drags in for the knock up instead of away. Same with his f-smash. U-smash is more powerful. Ganon is heavier.

Fox vs Falco: I'm just listing all the things that pop into my head. Falco has stunning laser for an overwhelming approach with SHB (Short Hopped Blast). Falco is heavier. Fox has farther recovery. Falco's f-b meteors. Falco has a spike in dair. Fox's u-air and u-smash is much stronger. Falco's f-smash is stronger. Fox's shine knocks forwards, same distance for a character at any damage, allowing for infinite combos and waveshine combos. Falco's knocks up taking advantage of his high first jump to jump cancel it into a combo. Falco's d-tilt is much stronger, but isn't necessarily better. Fox's firefox has fire around him. Falco has easier shorthop. Fox's laser is faster and can be spammed for pressure like falco's. I think fox's nair is better. Falco has a bit more overall range, including his shine. Once again, you know nothing.

Link vs Y Link: Link is a bit slower. YLInk's Up-b drags in and can't be used for edgeguarding. Either his superjump is lower than Link's or he falls faster. Arrows, sword, bombs, and boomerage shorter range. Shorter hookshot as well. YLink has dair fire spike if parallel to opponent when move executed. Bombs for YLink knock up, their boomerangs travel different courses. YLink has an extremely long taunt, posing a danger to people who like to show off. You can cancel this taunt by throwing the boomerang, then taunting. All i can come up with right now. You know nothing.

Pikachu vs. Pichu: Pichu=not necessarily faster in all areas. Different upsmash's, pikas being better. Pichu has better recovery with u-b and also f-b goes further. D-smash doesn't drag in for pichu. doesn't semi spike with uair. All i can think of atm besides pichu damaging himself. Oh, and both can cancel taunts and tauntdash (:D)

Marth vs. Roy
Marth is not faster, only in running speed. Aerials knock up for combos, slower falling speed. Better use of range with different sweetspot. Marth can't reverse blazer. Roy's counter takes 1.5x dmg of attack used on him. Counter is slower than marth's. Marth's does 7% dmg. Marth has more overall power. His dolphin slash should never be used offensively, while Roy's can be used as reverse blazer. D-tilt knocks up for roy, setting up combos, Marth's edgeguards better. Marth's everything edgeguards better. Roy's sweetspot is middle, which means he can't use range as much (I think i already mentioned). See Marth vs. Roy topic for more info. Also Jirachi, give me an example of an "air combo" you can do with marth.
ritt.no-ip.com
nevake Posted at: 02:35 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264511
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Does doc fall faster than mario?
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 02:59 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264528
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
doc and mario fall the same speed - however, doc moves faster horizontally in mid-air, which may well be the only ntsc difference between doc and mario's non-attacking physics (in pal mario's lighter).

anyways,

"Marth Is Faster & His Aerial Attacks Are Way Better Than Roy's, Marth Can Do Deadly Aerial Combos & His Dolphin Slash (Up B) Is One Of The Fastest Up B Attacks In The Game. On The Other Hand Roy Is Slower & Ads A Hint Of Flame To His Attacks"

these are not very significant differences - any speed difference between Marth and Roy is slight, flames don't do anything, and dolphin slash is not an attack that has much relevance in the grand scheme of things. marth's aerial combos are much more air based though, because he has limited ground options for continuing an aerial juggle (though fsmash ends it quite definitively). roy, on the other hand, needs to land for his aerials to work (because they're so weak), and with a launcher like dtilt (and, to a lesser extent, forward B and grab), he much prefers to stay low to the ground and close to the opponent, while marth tends to be more comfortable off the ground and away from the foe.

"Ganon has better grab game."

falcon's dthrow is better :p. in terms of launching, falcon's dthrow and uthrow work extremely well. I presume uthrow works fairly similarly for ganon as it does for falcon (but sending somewhat farther). chubby has some mean mind games from dthrow though, and it doesn't help that a two/three hit combo from g-dawg does as much as like an seven-hit combo from sheik. it's definitely close, and i'm sure you can find more significant differences between the two. like, falcon can take you across the stage with nairs and uairs - ganon can do like 45% in two hits but can't make a stage-wide comboing-to-death spree happen like the cap'n :p. also, knee sends at a lower trajectory from fist.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
nevake Posted at: 03:40 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264556
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I think Ganon has a better control of his throws interms of chain throwing then finishing. Although he can't finish as well as falcon. Nor follow it up as well either.
ritt.no-ip.com
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 03:55 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264569
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ganon can't chain throw everyone, falcon can chain throw too, and falcon tends to have better combo options off his throws in general. not to mention it's a lot easier to grab someone with falcon than with ganon.
nintendo_dude Posted at: 03:58 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264570
nintendo_dude
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I am slightly better with Ganondorf than I am with Capt. Falcon but I think even though their omves are very similar they are totally different characters. You can master one but that doesn't mean you have mastered both.

I'm finished here...

Special thanks to Yossy666 for the avatar and signature images.
nevake Posted at: 04:02 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264577
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Since ganon does more damage in general, simple attacks off of ganon's throws is still significant, which i think makes up for his lack of speed in grabbing.
ritt.no-ip.com
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 12:19 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 265111
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
both have good grab games, but i don't quite agree that ganon's is better. falcon can imitate pretty much everything ganon can do with his throws and more, and falcon tends to land grabs a lot more often too.
nevake Posted at: 13:34 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 265192
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Alone, a grab, f-b to the other side, and then b-air does 40-50 damage already. Just simple combos rack up damage extremely fast with ganon. Falcon can't imitate the damage that ganon does, nor can he imitate the damage he does through simplicity. Falcon has to go through a somewhat harder process to get the same damage results.
ritt.no-ip.com
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 14:57 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 265320
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
you can't really use gerudo dragon as a throw follow-up unless the opponent is forced to tech, and that honestly doesn't happen very often unless you're playing against fastfallers. the nature of ganon's throws make it so that most characters can jump out before gerudo dragon can reach them - ganon has to follow with an aerial (usually uair) right away.

and if the opponent is forced to tech after one of falcon's throws, it's pretty much another free grab (and punches to go along with it) anyway. falcon is a lot better at punishing techs than ganon, and his little tech-chasing games can easily add up to 40-50% once you tack on the finisher at the end of the grab chain.

gerudo dragon also doesn't lead well into bair, since it takes too long to turn around and jump. with upward and away DI, it becomes rather difficult to follow up the gerudo dragon (or raptor boost, for that matter) at most percentage ranges.

i'm guessing that you've never seen a falcon player nair/uair chain an opponent across the stage and finish with a knee, either.

it's true that falcon has to work a little harder to get similar damage results, but his grab game constantly threatens to chain into another grab or aerial, and his aerials can always lead to more aerials or grabs; falcon always has a chance to tack on another hit. ganon does not have such flexibility, so his damage potential really caps lower than falcon's. unless it's a match-up where ganon can chain throw, or if he's against fastfallers, ganon's only reliable throw combo is uthrow > uair. falcon can dish quite a number on pretty much any character with his own throw game.

and once again, falcon gets a lot more opportunities to grab the opponent anyway, since there are all sorts of ways to combo into his grabs, and being a faster character, it's much safer for him to try grabbing outright. ganon has to work a lot harder to get grabs in at all.

i think it more or less evens out. i still don't agree that ganon's throw game is better.
nevake Posted at: 18:22 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267236
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Gerudo Dragon knocks a bit back and you don't have to turn around. Also, for him to chain nairs and uairs it has to be on a good stage, and theres a limit to how much he can do. The finishing of the knee usually still hits, but its possible to uair counter it sometimes. And you're putting the matchup CF vs Ganon, i did not mention who had a better grab game vs eachother. I said who did overall vs. any character. But, I will agree that they even out. <---in other words, i can't argue.
ritt.no-ip.com
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 20:09 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267376
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+

yeah, you're right about gerudo dragon, sorry.

falcon's nair/uair chains aren't really that situational, though. pretty much as long as the opponent is airborne, he's at risk to get hit by another nair/uair. stage doesn't matter that much either, since all falcon needs is a flat platform, and on most tourney-approved stages, the bottom platform serves well enough. and if it's a very small stage, then even a small chain of attacks can lead into a knock-off and edgeguard opportunity - certainly not a bad thing.

i didn't once say that i was talking about the falcon vs. ganon match-up, either. i, too, was talking about their abilities against the entire cast. ;X
nevake Posted at: 20:19 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267391
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I kind of missed the words before fastfallers so my bad.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 22:14 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 267624
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 17-Jul-2005 nevake said:Gerudo Dragon knocks a bit back and you don't have to turn around. Also, for him to chain nairs and uairs it has to be on a good stage, and theres a limit to how much he can do. The finishing of the knee usually still hits, but its possible to uair counter it sometimes. And you're putting the matchup CF vs Ganon, i did not mention who had a better grab game vs eachother. I said who did overall vs. any character. But, I will agree that they even out. <---in other words, i can't argue.
omg you corrected helsing!! savor the moment!! i still remember the time i corrected helsing ^_^ lolz no worship there
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:39 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268848
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
It seems that Falcon's utilt was derived from Samus's utilt, and Ganondorf's utilt was derived from Falcon's.

Samus utilt > Falcon utilt > Ganon utilt

They are rather different with each charcter, Ganondorf's is most noticable in the fact that it charges up, lands with an explosion, and can do 15-20% more damage than Samus's and Falcon's.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

nevake Posted at: 16:36 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268953
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
^____________________^ well now i have to spill my emotions...nah j/k it would take 4 days.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 16:52 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268978
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yeah, and it would seem like dr. mario's nair was derived from mario's nair, and luigi's nair was derived from dr. mario's nair, and link's nair was derived from luigi's nair, and fox's nair was derived from link's nair, and falco's nair was derived from fox's nair.....

:p

yea whatever, clones are different, whoop-dee-doo, la-di-da, et cetera......
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:57 Jul18 2005 Post ID: 268984
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Dr Mario's Super Coin Jump makes a smacking noise as it hits, and Mario's make a blinging noise. This was not noted anywhere above as far as I can see... And Mario's left/right smash is fire based, and Dr. Mario's is electric based.

Oh, and also, let's not forget that Young Link's utilt, dtile, ltilt, rtilt, dash smash, grabs, aerial attacks, smash attacks, and special attacks were all derived from Link. (Like, wow, I didn't know that!!!)
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close