Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

The Samus Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
marin Posted at: 09:25 Aug06 2005 Post ID: 319686
marin
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
the only time you should care THAT much about getting hit with her b attack is when you have high damage cuz it will proly ko you... if you have like 2% damage who cares it will barely move you
Marin, pokemon master
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Patooty Posted at: 14:00 Aug06 2005 Post ID: 320336
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
20+ percent is quite a big deal to most people, and they'll try to avoid it. Not only is the move big on damage, but also knockback. Even at low percentages it's a good spacing move for Samus. If you're only really trying when you're at high percentages then won't you always be at high percentages? Sounds to me like you don't care when the opponent racks up damage on you. That's a really bad habit to get into, especially when facing good Falcos or Docs. Once you stop caring about their projectiles, they have such a good time fighting you.
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
marin Posted at: 21:05 Aug06 2005 Post ID: 321293
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
start a 2 player game even if you have no friend to play with... charge samus fire at the other player at 0%... and fire it at them... if you manage to ko them i would be very very suprised...
Marin, pokemon master
Patooty Posted at: 03:02 Aug07 2005 Post ID: 321761
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+

Damage leads to KOs. You DO know that right? As I explained earlier, Samus' charge shot is quite big on damage. According to your logic, only KO moves are of any use, so pick Roy or Ness, Hold b and see how well you do.
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
marin Posted at: 12:26 Aug07 2005 Post ID: 322309
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 06-Aug-2005 marin said:the only time you should care THAT much about getting hit with her b attack is when you have high damage cuz it will proly ko you... if you have like 2% damage who cares it will barely move you
quoting myself... i rest my case underline the "high damage" meaning 30+ and if you roys b attack is not meant to be a super attack because the only way to use it effectively is in team battle combos when fully charged, and just a plain better move is his dancing blade attack wich is somewhere at LEAST half the knockback power of flare blade and somewhere near the same damage if you get every single combo (4 i think) if im correct without charging up at all
Marin, pokemon master
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 16:16 Aug07 2005 Post ID: 322948
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
Even if you're at 0 percent, you should have SOME sort of concern with a down throw Charge shot tacking about 30% of damage onto you in one go.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 17:47 Aug07 2005 Post ID: 323175
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
the idea is to avoid taking damage so you don't die as quickly, silly. a charge shot may not KO at 0%, but considering that most characters can kill Samus by around 100%, the 20% or so dealt by a charge shot is nothing to sneer at.
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 23:32 Aug07 2005 Post ID: 323872
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
So, you'd rather take the damage and get a higher risk of being KO'd than avoiding it all together so that you can survive a little longer?

Thats like saying, "Stab me in the arm with that knife!! It won't kill me!"
marin Posted at: 12:24 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 324828
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
pointing out the irony in this, if samus shoots a charge shot at you and you have nothing better to do... by all means dodge it... but the point is incase it is absolutely needed (meaning it will make you lose) you shouldnt let it change a good stratedgy, besides charge shots arent easy when your oponent isnt trying to make the (coward award of the year, meaning he stays away from you trying to earn the award "coward" for some reason)
Marin, pokemon master
nevake Posted at: 16:15 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 325690
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It isn't as easy as you think it is...the player has other things to worry about other than just 1 charged shot and sometimes can't pay attention everything at once without changing to a more defensive style. Plus, every player has something better to do than dodge the shot anyways.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 20:48 Aug08 2005 Post ID: 326242
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yeah, and charge shot comes out in 15 frames - not really a slow attack! plus the opponent, as has been mentioned, is thinking about other things, like setting up his/her own offense and dealing with your missiles and other attacks. charge shot is another option sammy has to pull and another thing on the foe's list of things to think about.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
marin Posted at: 00:41 Aug09 2005 Post ID: 326650
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
if its something better to do... that means its worth getting hit for... you do understand that right? and a close range charge shot IS pretty hard to dodge but most players with common sense dont walk in front of a samus thats charged up they attack from below or above or behind if they can, or they walk up and then dodge/shield/jump etc when they see samus start to shoot
Marin, pokemon master
nevake Posted at: 09:26 Aug09 2005 Post ID: 327279
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Usually, samus will be shooting missiles, and the samus will be smarter than you're thinking. No it does not mean you should just take the hit so you can get it over with. Also, pay attention to what dizzy said.
ritt.no-ip.com
marin Posted at: 23:30 Aug09 2005 Post ID: 329392
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
missiles are good for distracting your oponent or hitting a noob from under that doesnt know they can home... and maybe killing a practice comp with 999 damage... but not much more... but the secret to killing samus is not letting her get away from you because if your constantly attacking samus she cannot shoot missiles without taking like 2x as much damage as she is trying to do and it would be very hard to charge up like that and most "close rangers" would have an advantage if samus switched to smashing and other close range attacks
Marin, pokemon master
Patooty Posted at: 00:00 Aug10 2005 Post ID: 329431
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I've never heard such downtalking of Samus' missiles.
That's it, where do you live? I'm sure there'll be someone near you(hopefully me :P) to show you that missiles are essential, and that charge blast owns.

Oh, and that Samus is a nastly close-range fighter as well.

All this talk is all good n fun, but you're never gonna give in to what people say, so the best way would be to show you.
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 00:14 Aug10 2005 Post ID: 329440
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Eh, I'm not sure if marin actually understands the applications used for Samus' missiles.

Missile cancels, anyone?

Patooty, in this forum, asking for a person's location is a bit of a taboo here. I wouldn't mind it myself, but keep in mind that this isn't "that" kind of forum where you find players to compete with.

Lastly: Link to Wes' video, anyone?
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 19:23 Aug10 2005 Post ID: 331576
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
http://www.ssbm.it/musicvids/All_Wessed_Up.wmv

It's sexy.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
marin Posted at: 23:00 Aug10 2005 Post ID: 332071
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
warriors got a point patooy... going around and asking where people live isnt something you want to do... makes you look really bad in the bad way... unfortunately EVEN if you did my ssbm disk broke again... thats one of my favorite games XD it was the second one too... ive almost spent 100 dollars replacing that game now... including the new one im getting on the 28 id buy my own but i had to replace my computers harddrive last month oh and by the way if you find a better use for samus's missils speak it out cuz those dont do much damage and even the homing ones are easily dodged in an open area
Marin, pokemon master
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 23:56 Aug10 2005 Post ID: 332126
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Well, the reason he asked is that competitive players such as Patooty and I are used to asking other players where they live and how we can go together to play with them.

It's just not allowed at this particular forum, but we're free to do so in the other forums we go to.
nevake Posted at: 07:41 Aug11 2005 Post ID: 332570
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 10-Aug-2005 marin said:warriors got a point patooy... going around and asking where people live isnt something you want to do... makes you look really bad in the bad way... unfortunately EVEN if you did my ssbm disk broke again... thats one of my favorite games XD it was the second one too... ive almost spent 100 dollars replacing that game now... including the new one im getting on the 28 id buy my own but i had to replace my computers harddrive last month oh and by the way if you find a better use for samus's missils speak it out cuz those dont do much damage and even the homing ones are easily dodged in an open area
Samus' best weapon is her range, the missiles are the only kind of range she has (normal). It's used for pressure, and to keep the opponent at bay(charged shots don't count because they can't be used constantly like missiles).
ritt.no-ip.com
Displaying Page 2 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close