Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

The Samus Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
marin Posted at: 08:57 Aug11 2005 Post ID: 332674
marin
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
i already named that reason nevake (distracting your oponent) pretty much the same
Marin, pokemon master
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 09:06 Aug11 2005 Post ID: 332680
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Did you watch the video yet? I want you to comment on it.
nevake Posted at: 03:10 Aug12 2005 Post ID: 335195
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Missiles do 12 damage, the knockback is more significant than the damage is. It lets you set up for another move or something like that. It will hit a lot, because Samus can cancel the lag from the missiles and a lot can come out in a few seconds. I personally never use the homing one except occasionally edgeguarding the space animals.
ritt.no-ip.com
marin Posted at: 14:46 Aug16 2005 Post ID: 346472
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yah... give me a video without the cheatcode "wavedash" or "super grapple" even though i dont think it was used it this one wavedash was, and maybe ill have something good to say about it...
Marin, pokemon master
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 14:52 Aug16 2005 Post ID: 346503
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wavedash isn't a cheatcode. It's an exploit on the physics of the game. The developers know about it, but left it in the game without comprehending it or giving it a purpose.

The players discovered it, and implemented it into their games. Now, wavedash is an essential move in many high-leveled matches.
marin Posted at: 14:21 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 348771
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
its a cheatcode end of story otherwise it would be listed in the regular moves list anything that isnt "regular" is a cheatcode or more commonly known as a "glitch,cheat" wether your allowed to use it in high level/tournyment matchs doesnt matter, it doesnt change the fact its not a regular move, no other characters can do cheatcode moves like that... except fox with his special taunt on the 2 correllia stages
Marin, pokemon master
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 14:55 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 348864
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
All characters can wavedash. So what are you talking about?

And the wavedash is NOT a cheatcode. You seem to be confusing what a cheat actually is.

It's a way to violate or change the rules in order to benefit yourself.

Wavedashing isn't violating anything, nor do you need to change anything in order to get it or use it. Wavedashing is in the game the moment you open the box and start playing the game. It's merely an effect of the physics of the game that's been put to use. Like, you know, traction? It's a natural part of the game itself.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 15:37 Aug17 2005 Post ID: 348975
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
Marin, go out to your kitchen with socks on. Throw your weight forward (you'll naturally have to lift your weight a little bit to reduce the effect of gravity and friction for a moment so that you can have the forward momentum necessary). You will slide. That's a wavedash. Unless you are now of the belief that you can use cheatcodes in real life, you should now realize that wavedashing is nothing more than physics. It's there, just like it is in our real world, and is in NO way a cheat.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
marin Posted at: 15:31 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351116
marin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
oh so now your fighting to prove that wavedash is not a rigged move... (a.k.a. glitch/cheat) than i want to see a video/videos with EVERY other character doing that move... and tobias... lets not try and compare the video game world with the real world... it just doesnt work in the end, netherless we start seing link and ganondorf fighting in our backyards and yoshi attempting to devour street cats... however much some of us would like to see that lol(link fenatics and cat haters), it wont happen
Marin, pokemon master
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 15:34 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351124
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+

EVERY character can wavedash. You want to try it? Do it yourself. It's not that hard, so why need a video to watch it when you have the ability to do it on your own?

The only difference between every character are their traction levels. Luigi has the least amount of traction in the game, so when he wavedashes, he slides further. Peach and Zelda have the most traction in the game, so when they wavedash, it's a short slide.

Once again:

Every character in this game can wavedash. It is not a rigged move, and is part of the natural physics of the game.

You have the game, don't you? Try it with every single character. All you need to do is air dodge into the ground at a diagonal. See the puff of smoke and the slide? There's your wavedash. Start with Luigi to see the most notable difference, then try out other characters.

One last time:

It's IN the game, it's a NATURAL part of the game's physics, and ALL 26 characters can do it, Sheik included.

Edit:
http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Q9S6WEO5RO731KJHZU9MFTLZM

There's your video. Stop bringing this issue up, because now it's becoming very frustrating to argue with someone who's not keen about advanced techniques.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 15:56 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351165
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
"and tobias... lets not try and compare the video game world with the real world... it just doesnt work in the end"

I disagree. It works quite well. Video games have physics engines so that objects and whatnot in the game react certain ways to certain things. Some things are made to be emulations of real physics. For instance, you try to run on a slippery surface, and it doesn't work so well. Lower traction means you have trouble starting to run, and you slide if you run into it. The oil spill in Flatzone is a good example for that. Another great example is how if you throw your weight down and forward into the ground (by jumping and airdodging), you slide. It's the physics. It physically makes sense in real life and in the video game.

If they airdodged into the ground and didn't move, that'd mean all momentum got instantaneously killed, and that's not physically sound. If they airdodged through the stage, that would just suck in general. So instead, they coded the physics so that the momentum carries on and you move after hitting the ground, just like what would happen in real life. Also with these semi-realistic physics, low traction means you slide further, high traction means you don't. It's simple, really.

You can keep utterly disregarding what we say, but it doesn't change anything. We ARE right. It's a fact.

EDIT:
http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Q9S6WEO5RO731KJHZU9MFTLZM

It's a vid of EVERY character wavedashing. So much for that, neh?

EDIT EDIT: Well WoZ got it too, but meh. Reiteration doesn't hurt. And WoZ, arguing with Ken about wavedashing is still annoying.
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 16:03 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351181
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
But at least Ken KNOWS about wavedashing, and understands its uses. This guy doesn't even think wavedashing can be done with every character.
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 16:22 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351213
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
Well yes, of course. I'm just thinking back to a time on the hub where Ken was all "wavedashing is n00b ****". -.-;
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 17:44 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351332
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
maybe ken didn't wave-dash shortly after he won tg4, but for the duration of his reign, i don't remember any times when he *didn't* use wave-dashing. he didn't make it conspicuous by wave-dashing back and forth, or trying to be flashy with it, but he used it often for spacing.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
XIF Posted at: 18:08 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351388
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I live, with words wisdom.

marin, ess tee eff you. I'm a mod, and well, I'm one of the few mods around, I mark on stupidity more so than most other violations, so listen closely.

There's no way around it, wavedashing is in game, not a glitch, or a cheat. With Action Replay, you can see the name of every move in the game. They gave a name to wavedashing, called the super dash technique if memory serves correctly. My point: THE DEVELOPERS KNEW ABOUT IT. Was it put in there intentionally?... not at first, but the fact that they left it in and named it serves to prove that it was in the final version intentionally, and that they know that it isnt a "cheat" or "glitch" And there really is no way to remove wavedashing. Some characters slide when just moving, especially Luigi and IC's. Harnessing that slide by throwing your full weight into the ground serves as a way to move quicker, and sometimes faster.

that is all.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 18:23 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351413
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
it was put in intentionally. i mean, how else do you suppose air dodging to the ground would call upon the traction statistic to determine how far the char would slide? however, it's usage (immediately after the jump) is what the designers didn't expect. they expected that it would be used while landing, not immediately after a jump. i suspect they also didn't think people would air dodge diagonally so close to the ground, considering the considerable distance some characters slide. but people did, and that's that.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 19:02 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351521
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
"I'm one of the few mods around"

Xif, the last 7 (and now 8) posts were by mods >.>
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 19:40 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351630
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
mods of various boards. i mod graphics/art, not ssbm. of course, i'd make a better mod than all of you, because i'd implement the invention of my genius: a little gadget i like to call "mr. thingy."
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 19:46 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351644
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
I'm not going to ask.
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 20:05 Aug18 2005 Post ID: 351696
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
So yeah, I'm gonna delete that last post.
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close