Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

I need some help with Superwavedashing and Samus's Supergrapple...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:59 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270654
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
1. How exactly does Samus's Superwavedash work? And don't tell me to look in the Hints section, either, because I didn't understand it.

2. I cannot get Samus's Grapple Beam extention to work at normal speed. I can't even get it to work at 1/2 speed on Practice mode. Is there some secret behind it? Someone said for me to press up and down on the control pad while pressing Z, but that didn't work. I know how to make the extention work, and I've seen it happen, but it can't make it work at normal speed.

Thanx...
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 15:28 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270721
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I don't know anything about the technical side of the super wavedash, such as exact frames and etc. However, I can do it pretty consistently myself.

Drop a bomb. Watch for Samus to hit the ground, then flick your control one direction and then slam it in the other direction. The second direction is where you want to move.

I've noticed you don't have to flick it from left to right in less than a second. You can hold it in one direction while you use a bomb, then slam it to the other direction the moment you hit the ground. Still works.

The extended grapple:

I've noticed it ALWAYS works the second time you do it. How I do it?

Keep tapping Z and move your thumb around the control pad clockwise. Make sure it's the control PAD, and not the control STICK. The second time Samus extends her grapple, it should work.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 16:20 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270791
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lolz woz, you closed that topic, but i posted it before the messasge at the top appeared

you probably press down on the d-pad for one frame (like fox/falco's summons) but i haven't done it so I can't say for sure.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:16 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270943
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I've tried even what Zarona said and it didn't work, but I'll try it again. How fast should I be circulating the pad and pressing Z?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

nevake Posted at: 17:16 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270944
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, actually, you just alternate between up and down while its grabbing, the reason why it ALWAYS does it on the second try is you didn't do it fast enough on the first, but even if you do no thing on the second, it will still extend a bit...at least i think so. Its not too hard to do after a bit of practice, and also the speed doesn't really help you get used to it because if you can't do it well on normal speed, you can't use it during battle, so you can't use it at all. Just keep trying and practicing...only takes around 10 minutes to master enough to do it in 2 tries. Superwavedashing is harder...you use the d-b then tilt one side, and right when it hits the ground, you should zoom to the side you leaned towards originally, if you want to do it back, but go the other way, you change direction before you hit the ground, then again exactly after you hit the ground.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:18 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270950
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Okay, thanx Nevake.

But another problem... Samus's taunt and her shield keep interfering with the Grappling trick. Do I have to press the buttons fast or something?

nevake Posted at: 17:19 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270951
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Np
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:20 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270952
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Oh, I edited my post, read it...

nevake Posted at: 17:23 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270956
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The reason for the taunt is your pressing the taunt first, you have to press Z and then Up/Down (alternating) at the same time then keep alternating Samus is preparing to grab. You don't exactly have to press them fast...although don't press up/down on the d-pad too slow.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:24 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270958
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I start with down, but as I keep doing it, by the time she ends her taunt I end up pressing up again and it becomes a neverending cycle. Do I just keep doing the trick over and over again until I get my way or do I stop and press up and down once she withdraws her beam?

nevake Posted at: 17:27 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270964
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Your supposed to grab, not taunt. It shows the grab. You press them at the same time (I use up usually...but i don't think it matters) but the grab appears.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:52 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 271008
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I know I'm not supposed to taunt, I'm just saying, the taunt is my exact problem.

WarriorofZarona Posted at: 17:53 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 271013
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oh, I realize it's simply pressing up and down on the pad, but it just works for me better circulating my thumb.
nevake Posted at: 17:57 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 271030
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Thats why you time it so you don't taunt first, not pressing the d-pad first, but pressing them at the same time.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:59 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 271036
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I do, but the taunt comes first. I'll have to try again.

Patooty Posted at: 01:09 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 271590
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
+
+
meh, My extended grappling is consistent to the point that if I miss it, then THAT would be an oddity. The safe way to do it is to lay 2 bombs, grapple after the first one explodes, do the motions for extending, and then the 2nd bomb should explode, cancelling your lag and allowing you to do anything after. Even with this you still need quite a bit of space so that you can drop 2 bombs and do everything in time.

As for extending the grapple itself, you don't really have to press d-up and grapple at the same time. You usually have quite a bit of time to start on the d-pad after you hit the grapple button. I'm not frame specific on it, but I'd estimate you have about half a second to start moving the d-pad around. I do the clockwise motion too, it just feels more natural then up/down.

How about the SWD, have you got that down yet or are you still having problems with it?
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
nevake Posted at: 07:02 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 271801
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Clockwise is more unnecessarily harder from my experience. Just put you thumb in the middle of the d-pad and then keep shifting your thumb barely to press each one.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:14 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 277971
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I finally can get Samus's Supergrapple to work every time now at normal speed! But yeah, it only works on the second time around, as always.

Now then, I tried the Superwavedash, and I saw some slight effects of it. Samus will warp a few feet across the stage, from what I've seen, but is there a way to do it more precisely?

nevake Posted at: 20:26 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 279175
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Little things like this don't really matter in Samus' game really...Get used to edgeguarding (u-tilt), shffling (mostly nair) and the basics rather than go for something unimportant like superwavedash/super grapple. Wavedashing is more important in Samus' game than some, but you should still ignore it until you can incorporate everything else Samus has into your game because they are A LOT more important. Wavedashing, but not learning to shffl correctly would be much worse than Shffling without wavedashing correctly. And even if you could wavedash, you would have to know how to use it, and also to use it consistantly. Super grapple won't be used in competetive play, while SuperWavedash is NEVER used, because of its difficulty.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 11:57 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280192
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Dude, why can't I get the point across: I CAN SHFFL! I can shffl very well, and I can use all three shffling techniques effectively!

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close