Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Mage, Warrior, or Stealth/ Archer?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Turos Ahken Posted at: 23:20 Apr22 2006 Post ID: 799632
Turos Ahken
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
This post is for the opinions of elder scrolls 4 oblivion fans and players. what do you think is the best class and why? What are your 2 favourite attributes and why? How did you come upon your opinion that this type of character is the best to play as and how do you use this character type to your great advantage? Give your OPINIONS HERE ill be posting back.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Leprekorn Posted at: 07:19 Apr23 2006 Post ID: 799925
Leprekorn
+
+
I prefer a combination of stealth and strength.
For a Warrior-Assassin:

Strength and Agility for the attributes

Blade, Block, Sneak, Athletics, Acrobatics, Marksman, and Alteration for the major skills

Warrior or Steed for the starsign

I dont know if their the best, but I always play as Redguard. They are well balanced, and have poison/disease resistance. And they can have cornrows (YAY)
[center]For Makaveli[center]
The Don Kiluminati

We Still Ridin...

GONE FROM SIGHT

BUT NOT FROM SOUND

My rank is no longer 187
Turos Ahken Posted at: 11:44 Apr23 2006 Post ID: 800270
Turos Ahken
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ah, yes the redgaurd warrior/stealth type i have a file almost exactly like yours for my 5th save file but there is one difference instead of marksman i have blunt, because if you look in the guide book the best weapon in the game is the daedric warhammer with 28 damage so i wanted at least some blunt skill. also for my favoured atributes on that file i have strength like you but endurance unlike you. i chose endurance for the fatigue and health factors of the game. Great choice Leprekorn.
Turos Ahken Posted at: 11:57 Apr23 2006 Post ID: 800272
Turos Ahken
Forum GuestMember
+
+
To eliminate the need for a theif type character, except pure fun and skill, i have posted a user submitted cheat for this game in the xbox 360 section under the letter "T" for: The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion.

Happy gaming-

Turos Ahken
blayzedndead Posted at: 15:52 May19 2006 Post ID: 832466
blayzedndead
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I have chosen the dark wood elf with the custom class for sneaking and security born under the shadow.I'm new to the elder scrolls genre
BobbyMacman Posted at: 13:50 May20 2006 Post ID: 833725
BobbyMacman
Forum GuestMember
+
+
um a dark elf or a wood elf, theirs no dark wood elf
You may know me as WOOT from the TES: 4 forums or as Mr. ZKT from a whole bunch of massive multiplayer online games but you can call me Mic! (i dont play runescape!!! u nerds who dont have a life need to quit runescape)
blayzedndead Posted at: 08:28 May23 2006 Post ID: 837490
blayzedndead
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Thank you bobby for noticing the small mistake I made.I wish I could only be as perfect as you.Oh by the way I'm dark I'm an elf and I'm in the woods.......dark wood elf
blackhand9526 Posted at: 15:50 May24 2006 Post ID: 839534
blackhand9526
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I prefer the mage-assain type for the quick kills

Intelligence and personality as the main attributes

Illusion destruction alteration blade acrobatics sneak and mercentile for the major skills. Illusion is the most i use especially for the chameleon so nobody can see me go for the kill he he.
bylandoor Posted at: 20:22 Jun08 2006 Post ID: 859003
bylandoor
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I use all of them!

Endurance and Luck for my favored attributes, because Endurance will let you start out with higher health, which is important so you don't die as quickly, and Luck is the hardest attribute to raise to 100, so heck, why not get an extra 5 points?

I took Athletics, Blade, Block, Heavy Armor, Destruction, Restoration, and Sneak.

I chose The Thief for my birthsign because it also adds another 10 points to my Luck stat. Luck can be very important!

Play as a Breton because they have a good balance between Combat and Magic, but also have the potential to become a good stealth character.

At the beginning of every level, i raise 1 - 3 of my minor skills by 10 levels to get an attribute bonus when i level up.
For example, if you cast an Open spell on a container until your Alteration skill goes up 10 levels, then your Willpower stat will go up by 5 the next time you level up. This is the only possible way to get all your skills to 100!
(I use minor skills to do this becuase it won't make you level up, which would make it impossible to raise more than one skill like that.)

Also, raise luck every level because, like before, it IS the hardest skill to raise seeing as it has no governing attributes.

Don't even bother with Personality because it's pretty pointless unless you can't use magic. Just get good at Illusion and cast Charm on them. Or bribe them gold. What i'm trying to say is, Personality isn't necessary to get far in the game, nor is it useful!

« Last edited by bylandoor on Jun 8th 2006 »
GillyNo1 Posted at: 09:39 Jul17 2006 Post ID: 928242
GillyNo1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Well I've only got one game this now ( memory got wiped ) I prefer the Battlemage/Knight character. A warrior that used magic to help him in battle.
Major skill Heavy armour , Blade , Illusion ,Marksman ,Sneak , Security, Acrobatics
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close