Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
The Sims 2

Sims 2 Double Deluxe Freezing Issue

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

TehKateOs Posted at: 22:08 Jul01 2009 Post ID: 2662541
TehKateOs
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hey guys, I recently brought The Sims 2 Double Deluxe for PC and I have encountered a problem. I have searched up everywhere for solutions and the solutions I have found did not work what so ever. I have a Laptop; Vista with 250GB HHD, 2GB DDR2, 2.0GHz and it has a Intel Core Duo Processor. My game continues to freeze in the middle of my playing. When I make my own sims it might freeze half way through creation or when I have finished with my family it will freeze in the loading screen to choose a house for them to live in. There have been times when i can make the people and have selected a house, but when I save and leave the house/neighborhood/quit the game, then return to the house, it will freeze as soon as entered. All you can see in it is a black screen with the information bar with there wants. The mouse is frozen on the choosing what the sim can do mouse. I have norton and I can completely removed it from my system, as I had read it makes sims freeze. I also read on one of the websites to go into task manager when the game just starts and to go to the sims process, then set affinity, then un-tick the CPU 1. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times. I have put onto two other computer and it worked fine, so I know its not the disc. I have left the computer to cool and then re-tried it but that also failed. I can only play as the sims who are already there, but even with that it freezes after a while. My computer mets the needs of the game, I really don't know what is doing this.
Please help my computer and I!!!! I am at my wits end, I am a big fan of sims and as soon as I got this game I was excited to play, but since this freezing I haven't been able to do so.
Please help!

Sincerely
Kate
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Marith Posted at: 14:51 Jul21 2009 Post ID: 2682230
Marith
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You didn't mention if you have any other programs running in the background. I shut down just about everything except for my antivirus (McAfee) and it usually runs fine. Yeah - USUALLY! Once, when I started it up, my sim was vibrating, like she had Parkinson's! LOL! After a couple of minutes she was fine, tho.

Hope you get it figured out.
Yumei Posted at: 02:23 Jul23 2009 Post ID: 2684631
Yumei
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I too encountered the exact same problem right down to all of the periods. I have both a laptop and a PC. Vista on the laptop XP on the PC. A friend told me that a laptop is not a wise choice for playing Sims because the Sims is too much for it. I believe that it may be the video card or something. I can play the original Sims on my laptop but not Sims2. I don't know exactly why this is but all I know is you are not the only one. My best guesses are that the only type of laptop that can support Sims2 or 3 would have to be a gaming laptop not a normal old laptop.

Marith: I have the same problem with nothing running in the background so it's not that.

Edit: Also, I too have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I also tried cleaning up my hard drive and everything and no results.

« Last edited by Yumei on Jul 23rd 2009 »
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close