The free money cheat used with the Ipod version works on the Kindle Fire. While you have the game open:
1. Go to your settings (i.e. push the "up" arrow that stays at the bottom of all apps to bring up the menu at the top of the screen, and then click on the gear.)
2. Click Wi-Fi, and turn it off.
3. Then click "More" (plus sign) to bring up the rest of the settings. 4. Scroll down and click on "Date & Time." Turn the Automatic feature off. This allows you to change the "Set Date" option. The only thing you need to change is the year.
5. Set it back one year (i.e. today you would set it to "October 19, 2011."
6. At this point press the "back" arrow (the one at the bottom of the screen) twice to get back into the game. It will bring up a pop up that says something to the effect of "You need an internet connection to play," and will give you the option to Cancel or Retry. Do neither.
7. Do exactly what you just did, but turning everything back on. That means hit the gear again, turn your Wi-Fi back on. Once it's connected, hit "More" and then "Date & Time." Turn the Automatic settings back on. 8. Hit the back arrow twice and wait for the game to recognize you're again connected to Wi-Fi (takes about 5 to 10 seconds for a decent internet connection). And voila! Look at the top and you will see 5,000 simoleons added.
It does this every time (although I have found that some times late at night it will add 10,000). It sounds like a lot, but realistically, the entire thing takes about 2 minutes at the most.
Just settings, turn everything off, manually set the date, back to the game, turn everything back on and that's it.