So I've been playing around with the various cheats and decided to try one that I used before the Livin' Large update.
I've tried this one a few times today (Sunday March, 24th) and so far it's worked each time. It will give you 100,000 simoleons.
1. Make at least one sim in your house do an action, I'd say anything that takes longer than a minute.
2. Exit the game and double click the home button on your iPad/iPhone/iPod and delete the game from the multitask menu.
3. Go to settings and change the date (I changed it to April 27, 2013).
4. Turn wifi off.
5. Open the game...it will go to the "Cannot connect without wireless connection page."
6. Go back to settings and turn ON your wifi.
7. Open the Sims again and it should connect...giving you 100,000 simoleons and the task your sim was doing will be completed.
Like I said, I just started using this cheat today and it's been working. That's not to say that it won't stop working like some of the other cheats. If it does, or if this doesn't work at all for you...try playing around with the date.
I hope this works for everyone and that it doesn't stop working...I'll keep playing around and if I find anything new, I'll share it on here with everyone. Good luck!!