Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Remote EEV Hacking @ Bank

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

gremlinkurst Posted at: 12:21 Jun20 2011 Post ID: 3023907
gremlinkurst
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Doesn't work. Supposed to be difficult, not absolutely impossible. The EEV shows NOTHING but two meaningless icons that I can't click on or select, nothing at all in English or numbers. If I use cheats to complete the mission, extraction request is ignored.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
tbug2007 Posted at: 12:22 Jun20 2011 Post ID: 3023908
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
+
So you've tried every possible method?

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
gremlinkurst Posted at: 16:48 Jun20 2011 Post ID: 3024054
gremlinkurst
+
+
Mr. Da Bug: Yeppers, all I can think of, at any rate. The accursed GAME says I can hack those three consoles using EEV, but the only way I can do it is to break the beams and manually hack while the Peruvian guards kill me. I try aiming EEV vision (#4, a default value that's remained static)...nothing. All I see is this stupid blue blur that indicates electromagnetic fields. Fine! So I try zoom on the rifle with #4. Again, nothing. Darn! There's only one thing I haven't tried, the pistol's secondary fire with #4.

Curiosity is KILLING me: Could you pleasetell me exactly what steps you executed to hack one of those terminals immediately after descending the rope? I haven't been able to find a SINGLE walkthrough that says anything other than "hack the consoles." What is the big secret ?

« Last edited by gremlinkurst on Jun 20th 2011 »
tbug2007 Posted at: 18:26 Jun20 2011 Post ID: 3024089
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
+
I personally haven't done it, but a friend used this to do it.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
gremlinkurst Posted at: 23:12 Jun20 2011 Post ID: 3024172
gremlinkurst
+
+
Wow! Didn't think of that:

...But I did try something else (bugginess helped, oddly enough), something that your question about my trying all available options inspired: Luring the sleeping guard outside the laser-grid enclosure with a whistle; for some reason I can't fathom, at times the guards seem blind, not seeing me until they're on top of me. See, it struck me suddenly that the devices that the guards carry on their persons that allows them to pass through the laser grids were the answer: Sam can't find the IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) transponders (in the first two games of this series Sam could search their persons/belongings for flash drives that often carried vital information), but he could carry unconscious or dead men so equipped to allow him safe passage! And whaddaya know: It worked! Good thing I figured that out, because Sam was supposed to hack three consoles in that enclosure to deactivate the grids, but one of the consoles is inaccessible by any physical means: He can aproach from the left, right, jump up on the counter and stand on it--doesn't matter; the USE COMPUTER prompt never appears, and that inaccessible console controls the two grids upstairs, so I did the same thing up there. I managed a 63% on that level. I guess we can mark this one solved .
Jennings Posted at: 14:38 Jan23 2012 Post ID: 3088435
Jennings
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i don't know if you need this anymore but felt like i can give u a hand. you can remote hack using the #1 (the zoom like screen) you will aim it on the computer (not monitor) and just wait untill it scans and then press space. and its like normal hacking Smile hope that helped :D
DarkIceDragon Posted at: 00:15 Mar07 2013 Post ID: 3222207
DarkIceDragon
+
+
There are two ways to do this actually. (Sorry, I just skimmed the posts above...)

Scan the terminal with your EEV, when the two icons appear, hit space. You'll get a normal hacking screen from where you can do all the sneaky stuff.

There is a guard just outside. Whistle and immediately climb back up the rope to a safe height. Too low, and he shoots you. He'll come into the room and if you time it right, you can drop down on him and knock him out. The bottom laser will be disabled, but the top one will still be activated, so you're gonna have to crouch. This may be due to a beacon in the guard's suit, but I haven't tried that out.

You can also use your OCP to disable the lasers temporarily.
Forum Guest Posted at: 16:30 Nov02 2014 Post ID: 3355612
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
You can hop over the top and slide down carefully next to the computer on the same side as the guard and disable the lasers like that. If you do it carefully you don't hit the lasers. Smile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Forum Guest Posted at: 11:34 Feb21 2015 Post ID: 3371793
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
gremlinkurst said:Doesn't work. Supposed to be difficult, not absolutely impossible. The EEV shows NOTHING but two meaningless icons that I can't click on or select, nothing at all in English or numbers. If I use cheats to complete the mission, extraction request is ignored.

ITS EASY WHEN U EQUIP WITH EEV WITH THE 1 KEY WHEN THE TWO USELESS SYMBOLS APPEAR PRESS Q AND IT WILL WORK
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close