Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Unreal Tournement

PS3 Unreal Tournament III golden, due in December

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

koolkid24 Posted at: 07:09 Nov22 2007 Post ID: 2002199
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
+
[UPDATE] Following warnings of a 2008 delay, the console debut Epic Games' latest fragfest heads for the factory--but won't hit Europe until next year.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot

After yesterday's delay of Haze, it looked like the only third-party PlayStation 3 exclusive left on the 2007 release schedule was Namco Bandai's Time Crisis 4. Today, though, owners of Sony's recently discounted console got a welcome surprise: After being all but officially postponed to 2008 last month, the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament III is now confirmed as shipping this year.

"We got news last night that Unreal Tournament III has been approved by SCEA and has been released to North American manufacturing," said Epic Games Vice President Mark Rein in an e-mail to game journalists. Earlier this month, the outspoken executive said that, despite Midway's pessimism, he was "confident" the game would arrive in 2007. Sony also continued to list it as arriving this year in its release schedule.

Rein went on to say that UTIII publisher Midway Games was currently weighing its release strategy for the shooter, which arrived for the PC this week. (Check back later today for a full review.) However, since many in the US have already left for the extended Thanksgiving holiday weekend, the company doesn't have an official release date for the game.

"My guess is that Midway will start shipping the title to North American retailers on Monday, December 10th," said Rein. "It could show up in stores as early as December 11th but more likely toward the middle of that week." Unfortunately, due to "localization-related tasks," Rein doesn't expect the PS3 UTIII to arrive in Europe until early next year.

However, by arriving in North American stores this year, Unreal Tournament III will (barely) fulfill the 2007 console exclusivity promised at the E3 Media & Business Summit in July. However, it remains unclear how long the game will be available solely on PCs and PS3s, as Midway has announced plans to bring it to the Xbox 360 sometime in 2008
I'm Back!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
superman4u Posted at: 10:48 Nov22 2007 Post ID: 2002332
superman4u
Post Likes: 2
+
+
OH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH.

This is going ot be a HUGE SELLER.. OH HELL YEAH !!!!!!!!

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
koolkid24 Posted at: 07:53 Nov24 2007 Post ID: 2004703
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
+
lol I guess your a big fan,

Yeah and maybe I will get a PS3 for Christmas.
I'm Back!!
superman4u Posted at: 21:04 Nov24 2007 Post ID: 2006062
superman4u
Post Likes: 2
+
+
lol.. never played ut.. but it looks amazing.. and haze was delayed so this is good news for ps3... xD

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
Xtreme gamer Posted at: 15:25 Nov30 2007 Post ID: 2012610
Xtreme gamer
#2Seconds
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I already pre-ordered my copy, and it will be under my tree this X-Mas. Smile

instagram: solidaritysterl
james 7 Posted at: 00:21 Feb04 2008 Post ID: 2104371
james 7
+
+
never played these games, are they fun?-

Murcielago Posted at: 05:31 Feb04 2008 Post ID: 2104498
Murcielago
Firing On All 12 Cylinders.
+
+
UTIII I don't believe is actually out it got delayed, just like HAZE did once again...

But HAZE is definitely one to watch out for, it's developed by the people that did the apparently awesome TimeSplitters on PS2, so expect great multiplayer.

Murcie is back.
cheatos_42 Posted at: 16:23 Feb13 2008 Post ID: 2119888
cheatos_42
+
+
Superman4u, I told you ages ago, your NOT allowed to advertize sites in your sig, now MOVE it or I'll report it this time, no questions asked.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close