Subscribe to this topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums
Search this topic:

Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:
Down to Quick Reply Report Topic

Post ID: 2635714 Posted at: 02-Jun-2009 11:21:24
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
Console-maker announces plans for downloadable versions of Xbox 360 titles, user ratings also in the works.

A range of new Xbox Live services were announced during the Microsoft press conference this morning, including deals with Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, and UK TV broadcaster Sky. At an invite-only "bloggers luncheon" immediately following the press conference, Xbox Live general manager Marc Whitten expanded on new developments for Xbox Live, and followed this up in an open letter to Xbox Live members on Microsoft's developer network today.

The most important new feature not revealed during the press conference is the new Games on Demand feature, which will allow Xbox 360 owners to purchase and download full Xbox 360 games directly to their hard drive. Purchasers will be given the option to purchase games using a credit or debit card, rather than by purchasing Microsoft points.

According to Whitten, "the Games on Demand channel will launch with a library more than 30 great games, from classic hits like Mass Effect, BioShock and Assassin's Creed, to family favourites like LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Sonic the Hedgehog." Furthermore, "you'll have access to a wide variety of great games, downloadable in only a few hours and at the touch of a button. We've also added the option to purchase Games on Demand directly with your credit or debit card."

Whitten also announced a range of new features for New Xbox Experience's avatars, including "avatar items as awards when playing games." Microsoft and third-party publishers will be releasing a range of premium clothing and interactive props for avatars, and revealed a costume based on Halo 3: ODST's Shock Troopers as an example.

Lastly, user ratings will be coming to Xbox Live Marketplace. A five-star rating system will allow users to rate games and game add-ons, and sort games by user rating.

Source gamespot
I'm Back!!
+
Reply Add Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Post ID: 2637546 Posted at: 04-Jun-2009 09:14:29
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 3
+
Yep looks great. I like how MS is really doing all they can to show how LIVE is totally worth what we pay.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
+
Post ID: 2663468 Posted at: 02-Jul-2009 18:20:39
TheEvilSpartan117
Post Likes: 0
+
That's outstanding, I love Xbox Live.
+
Post ID: 2675238 Posted at: 15-Jul-2009 02:10:57
marty963
Post Likes: 0
+
I find it easy to pay for live now, when I first got it I doubted myself asking myself if I should pay for online when I got a PS3 but it was worth it.
[center]Sig and avy by RJ Fighter

GT: xBIaZin Ace
PSN: Blazin_Ace_

The second letter in GT is an "I"

If you want to add me send me a msg telling me you are from SC.

[Color=red]Modern Warfare 2 Pwner[/center]

+
Post ID: 2675400 Posted at: 15-Jul-2009 10:59:28
tegan41
Matt
Super Mod
Post Likes: 5
+
Yea, I think Microsoft is going to keep updating live for the 360s instead of changing the system every 5 years, smart move.

+
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:

Members viewing this thread:
Reply in this thread
You are not logged in. Please register or log in to keep track of your posts, subscribe to forums, set your name and avatar and fully interact with our site and members. You can post in certain forums without registering but you will not be able to post videos, images or links.
Smilies, click to use

Please do not give out personal information on this forum.
By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.

BB Codes Guide

Please agree to the following Forum Rules to post here

1) Be respectful of others and don't abuse in any way other site users.
2) Please don't post personally identifiable information.
3) No linking to or advertising hacks, cracks, gambling or adult material.
4) Post with a purpose, i.e don't spam or just post a ton of smilies!
5) Remember minors also use this board, so be careful with your language.

I Agree