Subscribe to this topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums
Search this topic:

Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:
Down to Quick Reply Report Topic

Post ID: 2716999 Posted at: 20-Aug-2009 22:19:26
texaslonghorn31
Post Likes: 0
+
Maybe I am the most uncoordinated person on earth.. but I can NOT get up the stairs in the fire temple to the chest containing the Megaton Hammer without either falling off, or running out of time. I have been trying consistently for well over a week and am at the point of quitting the game. Is there ANY way to get the hammer other than...run up the stairs and keep trying? (since that doesn't seem to be working for me!). I have the longshot even but I can't get close enough to longshot to it. Do I HAVE to have the megaton hammer to continue through the level or is there some way around it or some other way to get in the chest?
Thank you for any help you can give!
+
Reply Add Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Post ID: 2735892 Posted at: 19-Sep-2009 09:51:09
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 1
+
I'm not sure... I'll look up a way to help though, sorry for the late reply.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
+
Post ID: 2735981 Posted at: 19-Sep-2009 13:08:43
bomba
+
You are supposed to run up the stairs, you'll have barely enough time. I recently did this a couple days ago so I'm not mistaken. Sorry, just keep trying I guess. Theirs no way around it and you need it to beat the boss.

But don't give up! You'll miss out on one of the best ganes ever!

« Last edited by bomba on Sep 19th 2009 »

+
Post ID: 2887513 Posted at: 18-Aug-2010 13:18:55
ptcjstc1984
+
I'm playing through Ocarina of Time again because I love it so much, and don't feel bad. I'm having a wee bit of trouble getting it too. It IS tricky. You have to be fast and coordinated both. Z targeting is absolutely essential. Use it to look straight ahead. The first part of the stairs are narrower, so if you're going to waste time, do it here. It's easier to get through the broader sections of the stairs. Do a couple trial runs before you hit the switch. It IS difficult though. It's not just you. Hang in there.
+
Post ID: 2936421 Posted at: 12-Dec-2010 23:09:33
Rogan;D
+
practice practice practice. memorize the path. BE THE PATH!!!!!!

it is one of the best games ever. i dont think you wanna miss out on it ;D
[center]...ladies?[center]
+
Post ID: 3118228 Posted at: 09-Jun-2012 10:51:47
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Those guys up there are saying stairs. I mean, what stairs? I read theirs' but I had no CLUE what they were saying.
Post ID: 3123410 Posted at: 25-Jun-2012 17:20:57
imaginarium
+
You need the megaton hammer to progress through the game.
It's needed throughout the fire temple as well as in the gerudo training ground if you'd like to get the ice arrows later on in the game.

My recommendation would be start off taking it slow so you get the feel of where you have to turn and how hard you have to turn.
I have terrible co-ordination but making short stops so you can make sure you're facing the right direction helps a lot.
+
Post ID: 3202656 Posted at: 25-Jan-2013 18:25:10
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
the above replies do not help I need help also and you can use the hookshot on the chest to bring you to it across the well, but only from a certain point and if it is not on fire.

HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!
Post ID: 3252984 Posted at: 15-Jun-2013 13:22:30
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
It can be very hard at first, but kill all the enemies in the room first, and make sure 5ou know the path. FaroresmWind can help if you fall. I'm attempting the fire temple up to the megaton hammer as young link, it's insanity.
Post ID: 3289824 Posted at: 25-Nov-2013 01:34:31
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I have the same problem :( I have been trying to get the megaton hammer for like a month now. I kept on falling or I always run out of time. Any tips? I'm getting pretty desperate now.
Post ID: 3298490 Posted at: 11-Jan-2014 05:02:26
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Ditto guys, I'm stuck on the same damn staircase.

I'm using sixtyforce emulator and a retrolink USB controller and I think this controller's sensitivity might be a little shoddy. (bad workman always blames the tools)

The biggest problem for me is that Link jumps whenever he gets too close to a ledge. If you know about the infinite sword glitch (google it if not) and can find a way to trigger it in this room then it might help, one side effect of ISG is that Link cannot fall off of ledges while this is active. However, I'm not sure there's a way to engage ISG in this room. If anyone's found a way let me know.

Until then, keep trying I guess... "Be the path!"
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:

Subscribe to this topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums
Search this topic:

Members viewing this thread:
Reply in this thread
You are not logged in. Please register or log in to keep track of your posts, subscribe to forums, set your name and avatar and fully interact with our site and members. You can post in certain forums without registering but you will not be able to post videos, images or links.
Smilies, click to use

Please do not give out personal information on this forum.
By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.

BB Codes Guide

Please agree to the following Forum Rules to post here

1) Be respectful of others and don't abuse in any way other site users.
2) Please don't post personally identifiable information.
3) No linking to or advertising hacks, cracks, gambling or adult material.
4) Post with a purpose, i.e don't spam or just post a ton of smilies!
5) Remember minors also use this board, so be careful with your language.

I Agree