Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Xbox 360 Cheats and Tips

Last Updated:

A large collection of cheats for you to check out and includes unlock characters, unlock guitars, playing a chorus of Ironman and an Easy way of unlocking 'Buy a Guitar Already' Achievement.

More Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Xbox 360 Cheats and Tips

We have 21 cheats and tips on Xbox 360. If you have any cheats or tips for Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock please send them in here. We also have cheats for this game on : PlayStation 2 : Wii : PC : PlayStation 3

You can also ask your question on our Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Questions & Answers page.

Filter this list:

All Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Xbox 360 Cheats and Tips - Most Popular First

Show Latest

Unlock Guitars

When the indicated task has been completed in Career mode in the corresponding game mode it is then possible to buy the guitar at the shop.

Unlock Moon Guitar:

Complete Easy mode.

Unlock Saint George Guitar:

Complete Medium mode.

Unlock Rojimbo! Guitar:

Complete Hard mode.

Unlock Risk Assessment Guitar:

Complete Expert mode.

Unlock Bat Guitar:

5-star ALL songs in Easy mode.

Unlock Jolly Roger Guitar:

5-star ALL songs in Medium mode.

Unlock Tiki Face Guitar:

5-star ALL songs in Hard mode.

Unlock El Jefe Guitar:

5-star ALL songs in Expert mode.

Easy Way of Unlocking 'Buy a Guitar Already' Achievement

If you don't want to waste time playing through an entire Hard or Expert Career using the controller then just complete career mode normally and 'Save' the game. Turn off the console and then switch it back on with the regular controller plugged in and when you go to the career you completed and enter the 'Character Select' screen the achievement will be unlocked. This sneaky little trick can be done any time after clearing a career.

Get Track Master and Store Items and keep your Money

When you have earnt the indicated amount of cash to buy items normally at the store purchase them and after the achievement blip return to the XBox dashboard but not the games store menu and restart the game and when the game resumes you won't have lost any money.

Unlockables

To enter the notes go to 'Options' and select 'Cheat' and enter the code you want to enable. You have to strum as you press the buttons in the code or if two buttons are indicated they must be pressed together as you strum as they represent one cord. The letters in the code below correspond to the coloured frets.

R = Red, B = Blue, G = Green, Y = Yellow, O = Orange

Unlock Hyperspeed:

Press O, B, O, Y, O, B, O, Y.

Unlock Performance Mode:

Press RY, RB, RO, RB, RY, GB, RY, RB.

Unlock ALL Songs:

Press YO, RB, RO, GB, RY, YO, RY, RB, GY, GY, YB, YB, YO, YO, YB, Y, R, RY, R, Y, O.

Unlock Precision Mode:

Press GR, GR, GR, RY, RY, RB, RB, YB, YO, YO, GR, GR, GR, RY, RY, RB, RB, YB, YO, YO.

Unlockables

To enter the notes go to 'Options' and select 'Cheat' and enter the code you want to enable. You have to strum as you press the buttons in the code or if two buttons are indicated they must be pressed together as you strum as they represent one cord. The letters in the code below correspond to the coloured frets.

R = Red, B = Blue, G = Green, Y = Yellow, O = Orange

Unlock Air Guitar Mode:

Press BY, GY, GY, RB, RB, RY, RY, BY, GY, GY, RB, RB, RY, RY, GY, GY, RY, RY.

Unlock No Fail Mode:

Press GR, B, GR, GY, B, GY, RY, O, RY, GY, Y, GY, GR. In this mode you won't fail any song regardless of difficulty setting (doesn't work with Career mode, Online or Top scores online).

Unlock Bret Michaels as the Singer:

Press GR, GR, GR,..

Unlock Characters

These extra characters can be unlocked by beating them in a Guitar Battle during Career mode and then purchasing them at the shop for the indicated amount.

Unlock Slash:

Defeat him in a Guitar Battle and then buy him at the Shop for $10,000.

Unlock Tony Morello:

Defeat him in a Guitar Battle and then buy him at the Shop for $10,000.

Unlock Lou:

Defeat him in a Guitar Battle and then buy him at the Shop for $15,000.

Easy Expert

Here it is...

(GR)(GY)(YB)(RB)(BO)(YO)(RY)(RB)

P.S

For that person in the Q&A who said this cheat wasn't real, I proved you wrong.

Sesame_Ramen Smile

break a million points

This cheat only works on practice mode. First select the training opition in the main menu. Second you click on tutorials and scroll down to hammerons and as soon as you get on the tutorials quit the the tutorial and go to the parctice mode right after that {note: you do not go back to the main menu.} all of the songs exept the bonus songs should be 5 stars and have a milllion score next to it. If you have any questions just ask me.

While you wait fro world tour

You can play in the cheats section .i have played the main riff of iron man in there.

EaSy

I found that the best way to beat easy if you are great at GH.

Try playing lefty?

It will be almost as if you started over again. I will take some getting use to.

This also gets you the acheivement!!

Play Chorus of Ironman

There are easy steps to doing so.

1: Go into CHEATS mode. You are not entering a cheat.

2: Play the following notes in tune to Ironman by Ozzy Osbourne.

Play red+green, red+yellow, (red+blue) twice, yellow+blue, yellow (twice), red, green (twice), red, yellow. And Repeat that once for the chorus of Ironman by Ozzy Osbourne.

Easy lefty achievement

Most people seem to lie upside down to do this and get light headed, but I have another option, and you can play as many songs as you like without feeling light headed... What I did was, got a small mirror and sat it next to my chair and positioned it so I could see my television in it. So it means when I play on lefty flip, you see the screen as normal and can play without feeling light headed...

Happy gaming Smile

Easy Notes

For this, when you see a note with a blurry top, you don't have to strum, just hit the color on your guitar. Then you can become better

Easy Hendrix Reborn Achievement

Beat the game on easy or whatever you want to beat it on, then lay down on your back and tilt your head upside down on the edge of your bed facing your tv.

P.s(I wouldnt recomend doing this too long because you'll get light headed)

Just an add-on to the upside down hint

If you play upside down while trying to beat the game with Lefty Flip activated, I know a way to stop you getting light headed, all you have to do is make sure that you have a drink after each song you play then you won't get light headed. If you still get light headed, just do like 5 songs in 1 session and then play something else.

Vendetta

Play Chorus of Ironman

There are easy steps to doing so.

1: Go into CHEATS mode. You are not entering a cheat.

2: Play the following notes in tune to Ironman by Ozzy Osbourne.

Play red+green, red+yellow, (red+blue) twice, yellow+blue, yellow (twice), red, green (twice), red, yellow. And Repeat that once for the chorus of Ironman by Ozzy Osbourne.

Easy "Track Master", "Got'em all", and "Burnin' a hole in your p

Turn on the "unlock everything" cheat and then go into the store and you should get those three achievements. And the best part is no money is wasted!

Achievement Help

Well, I had difficulties with these! Here are some tips to really nail some achievements!

(Secret!) Tail Between your legs- Decline a Boss Battle. (Worth 0gs, but it's nice to have.)

Whammy Mania- Use the Whammy Bar on every held note on Number of the Beast (This one's easy. First, get a piece of tape. Then, tape your whammy bar so that it's help down durring the whole song. Then, go through on easy mode, and his every held note!)

Tone Deaf- Beat any song on the expert difficulty with the games sound options turned down to zero (Not too tough, just go into options, and turn all the dials to zero, then pick an early song on easy mode and blaze through it)

Bronze Streaker/Silver Streaker/Gold Streaker/Streak Master- Earn a 100/250/500/1000 note s..

Gold Star 20 songs on Expert

go to the cheats menu and enter the unlock everything cheat. Then go to career and select through the fire and flames. As soon as the song starts strum up and down and purposefully fail. This should unlock the achievement. Found this one day while playing at a friends house has worked on multiple accounts even after the update. My gamertag is ICEMAN1304. thx

Grim Reaper

On the X-Box 360 version of the game...you can buy the Grim Reaper while the PlayStation 2 version cannot get the Grim Reaper...The Grim Reaper comes with the Scythe Guitar and you can use it with different characters.

Break a million

Select the traing opition from the main menu. Click on tutorials and scroll down to the last opition the hammerons. As soon as you click on the tutorial exit it and go back to the menu with the opition of tutorails and practice instead of clicking tutorials click pratice and all of the songs except bonus and downloads should be five stars with a million score to the right.{this only works on the practice menu.}

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Achievements

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock FAQs

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Walkthroughs
Reviews

Screenshots