Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Six new crappily titled pieces...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Catharsis Posted: 20:00 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605440
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
Post Likes: 0
+
...For you to ignore again? Seriously, the last topic irritated me, immensely. Five replies are barely worth starting (and bumping) a topic for, so if all but a few of you decide that not even one of these is worth your comment, then I won't bother uploading crap here again.

Anyways...
Liquid Nightmares.
Headrush.
Visions of Venom.
Celestial.
Dreams of the Sublime.
Astral Turbulence.

If you must criticise the titles, at least leave "Celestial" alone - all of these were hastily named at about 5:30am and it was the only one I couldn't think of a title for, so I used the name of an album as a working title for now. I'll think of a better one eventually.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dx_hbk Posted: 20:06 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605445
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
They are not that bad i realy liked 2 and the third one.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

steelersrock01 Posted: 20:08 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605446
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Their weird, but nice, if you know what I mean.
Hypnotic.Think
Procrastinator Posted: 20:13 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605447
Procrastinator
+
All are simply amazing. I like the names, as they fit well and sound nice. Headrush and Liquid Nightmares are my absolute favorites, though.
tbug2007 Posted: 05:46 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605642
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
Personally I love the circular ones you make just as much as the other ones =D

I'd like it if you extended the black area on LN so it doesn't abruptly get cut off, but amazing.

Headrush is close to one of your best. Not your absolute, but close.

I like the venom one alot. When I sized it up though, those look like little people 0_o

I love the celestial one. It's vibrant, and has a great feel to it. I think you said something about never saving the PSDs, right? If you did, I'd like to see one without the horizontal lines, just from curiosity.

Dreams of Sublime is my fave out of them all. It's different from the symmetrical ones you normally make, and looks like the very last water falling from a waterall. It's just amazing. I don't like the grainyness in the bottom right corner, but if you put a copyright on it, I'd use it as a wallpaper.

The last one is very different as well, but not as good IMO. The flow is awesome, switching just like the name.

You make amazing stuff. O_o You name them appropriately too.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Vasco Posted: 08:34 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605686
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Visions of Venom is a great piece, better than most fractals I usually see.

Headrush is simply amazing, without the blur effect and with some work it could be one of the best pieces I've ever seen.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
ozzo Posted: 11:01 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605758
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
I think the reason you dont get a lot of replies cause this is outside what most gfxer's here make.

but I do like them. my fave would be the celestial, the liquid one, the venom-

scratch that, I love all of them ;D good work, they're getting very interesting.

have you ever thought about going a step furthery and making stuff like c4d's or just general different use of the effects you already use to make another style of your own creation, cause u got da mojo.

Green_Fire Posted: 16:17 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605873
Green_Fire
+
You have some pretty awesome work, Cat. It's different from all of the stuff everyone else does. It's pretty awesome to look what you can come up with. ;D

My faves are Headrush and Astral Turbulence.
They are all good and unique, though. :P

Signature by me
poke.addicted Posted: 16:20 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605874
poke.addicted
Post Likes: 3
+
Honestly, Liquid Nightmare looks like an acid trip. I like it though ha. You don't mind if I save that to my hard drive do you?
Yo.
02 Dissociative. Posted: 16:35 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605880
02 Dissociative.
+
These are so amazing dude, seriously.

I absolutely love Headrush. It's fantastic. Beautiful. So is Celestial. Maybe even more so. Just the effect of the bright vibrant blues and whites.

Signature by Vasco.
qwertyuio Posted: 21:21 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2606096
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Awesome Marcus. =D I love Headrush and Liquid Nightmares, my favs from you.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Catharsis Posted: 15:40 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607604
Catharsis
+
Now this is more like it. Ten comments. I'll keep making topics, then.

Anyways... um, thanks to all the people who liked them, although it is interesting how everyone likes different ones best. Hmm.

Couple of specific things:

Taylor: I did save the .psd for that one, although... I don't know why, seeing as it was at a point where I couldn't undo anything. I think it looked better with the "lines", though.

Becky: I think the process for making C4Ds is altogether different to making this kind of thing (I'm pretty sure I need some program to do it for me?) plus... I'm really not a fan of raw C4Ds. I mean, they look okay in sigs and other stuff, but they look damned awful by themselves, from what I've seen. I'm not sure what you mean by "another style", either... Could you put it in simpler terms so even I can understand, maybe?

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Burnsey Posted: 16:12 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607648
Burnsey
Forum GuestMember
+
People don't have to reply if they don't want to you know... my last topic got 2 replies. You don't reply too often to other peoples topics so why should you expect them to reply to to yours? If it annoys you that much and you desperately want more replies then its up to you to post your work on other, more active forums.

BTW
The program used to make C4Ds is called C4D. (Cinema 4D) and you don't make C4Ds on there own as art, you stick them in Ps, and make things like these..

http://tamilia.deviantart.c...63577147

Go onto DeviantArt and type in C4D.

And about the art... I would read some tutorials...

« Last edited by Burnsey on Apr 26th 2009 »
http://www.youtube.com/omgfragged/
http://www.twitter.com/omgfragged/
Catharsis Posted: 17:13 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607708
Catharsis
+
On 26-Apr-2009 Burnsey said:People don't have to reply if they don't want to you know... my last topic got 2 replies. You don't reply too often to other peoples topics so why should you expect them to reply to to yours? If it annoys you that much and you desperately want more replies then its up to you to post your work on other, more active forums.

BTW
The program used to make C4Ds is called C4D. (Cinema 4D) and you don't make C4Ds on there own as art, you stick them in Ps, and make things like these..

http://tamilia.deviantart.c...63577147

Go onto DeviantArt and type in C4D.

And about the art... I would read some tutorials...
Because people who frequent this forum should want to comment on art, maybe? Regardless of whether the art was produced by another person who frequents the forum, or by someone who perhaps just wants some feedback even if perhaps they're not too good at commenting themselves? And if they don't even comment to say that they like my work, why should I post it here instead of somewhere else if I think no-one likes it? I was perfectly entitled to post my starting comment, I think... It takes me several hours to make these things, and I can get more than five comments by IMing a few random people on my MSN contact list. And this topic proved that the level of activity on the forum isn't the problem, it's just that some people weren't bothering to comment...

And yes, indeed, I thought that I needed a program for making C4Ds. But why, if I wanted to make art using C4Ds, would I make them instead of just downloading a pack as most people here do? Becky suggested making C4Ds, which is why I posted that I didn't like raw C4Ds.

And I'm assuming the "read some tutorials" comment is a veiled "I don't like it, it's awful"? Oh well... If you don't have the ba[b][/b]lls to say that outright, or even explain why you don't, I'll not bother responding to it...

Green_Fire Posted: 17:45 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607730
Green_Fire
+
Well, Cat, my tag wall topic has gotten two replies. Three, if you count dA. The topic before that got one.

Seriously. People don't even tell me how I'm supposed to improve.most of the time, anyways. x.x

Signature by me
Burnsey Posted: 19:49 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607860
Burnsey
Forum GuestMember
+
On 26-Apr-2009 Catharsis said:Because people who frequent this forum should want to comment on art, maybe? Regardless of whether the art was produced by another person who frequents the forum, or by someone who perhaps just wants some feedback even if perhaps they're not too good at commenting themselves? And if they don't even comment to say that they like my work, why should I post it here instead of somewhere else if I think no-one likes it? I was perfectly entitled to post my starting comment, I think... It takes me several hours to make these things, and I can get more than five comments by IMing a few random people on my MSN contact list. And this topic proved that the level of activity on the forum isn't the problem, it's just that some people weren't bothering to comment...

And yes, indeed, I thought that I needed a program for making C4Ds. But why, if I wanted to make art using C4Ds, would I make them instead of just downloading a pack as most people here do? Becky suggested making C4Ds, which is why I posted that I didn't like raw C4Ds.

And I'm assuming the "read some tutorials" comment is a veiled "I don't like it, it's awful"? Oh well... If you don't have the ba[b][/b]lls to say that outright, or even explain why you don't, I'll not bother responding to it...
But if they don't comment.. don't go crazy. It's not as if people HAVE to comment just because you WANT them to. Try the occasional BUMP or rename. Also I never said that this forum was inactive. I suggested you post on other forums, because lets be honest, this place is nowhere near as active as popular sites such as PlanetRenders.

You can't always download a C4D to meet your needs, thats why you would need to make them. It's like saying "why would I make a sig, when I could just get one from the net." Because if you make them, you can do whatever you need to do with it. Also, I never said you should make C4D's it was Becky that said that, and I was simply elaborating on her suggestion. I was just suggesting it as I thought it would help you.. Considering you didn't even know the name of the program used to make them. Yes Becky suggested making C4D's.. and you said you didn't like RAW C4Ds, so I suggested how you could use them in a way which you might like. You don't like raw C4D's, so expand on them so that they aren't so "raw". I was trying to help you/give you ideas.

Seriously though, you moan about nobody commenting on your work and then one person doesn't like it.. and you give a reply which shows nothing but anger. So, I'll explain why I don't like them later.. and you can respond to that.

Many people have been told to "read some tutorials" on this forum, none of them have reacted in the same way as you. If you want me to explain why I dont like the work, fine, but don't come back criticising me for being harsh because you blatantly asked for it...

It's just a random splodge of colours on a black canvas. Mostly filters. It looks as if you had absolutely no idea at all what you were trying to make at all. Symmetrical.

There.. Instead of doing the polite/honest thing by recommending tuts, I did the harsh/honest thing which I assume you were wanting,judging from your response. .
http://www.youtube.com/omgfragged/
http://www.twitter.com/omgfragged/
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:58 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607868
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Well...
I liked Celestial
latiasfinder Posted: 19:59 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607870
latiasfinder
The Finder
+
"read some tutorials" /is/ an indirect way to say you dislike it.. to be critically honest, just say

"it's not fantastic, but why not try some tuts to improve a bit?"

i know most people want harsh critique to pinpoint where they can improve, and outright opinion on their work, but just saying "read a tut" is informal. =/

anyways...

they're definitely a lot different than what you normally see here, cath, and they sure are interesting. keep striving to better yourself ;3

Sig and Avy by Me ~
Catharsis Posted: 20:33 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607897
Catharsis
+
On 26-Apr-2009 Burnsey said:But if they don't comment.. don't go crazy. It's not as if people HAVE to comment just because you WANT them to. Try the occasional BUMP or rename. Also I never said that this forum was inactive. I suggested you post on other forums, because lets be honest, this place is nowhere near as active as popular sites such as PlanetRenders.

You can't always download a C4D to meet your needs, thats why you would need to make them. It's like saying "why would I make a sig, when I could just get one from the net." Because if you make them, you can do whatever you need to do with it. Also, I never said you should make C4D's it was Becky that said that, and I was simply elaborating on her suggestion. I was just suggesting it as I thought it would help you.. Considering you didn't even know the name of the program used to make them. Yes Becky suggested making C4D's.. and you said you didn't like RAW C4Ds, so I suggested how you could use them in a way which you might like. You don't like raw C4D's, so expand on them so that they aren't so "raw". I was trying to help you/give you ideas.

Seriously though, you moan about nobody commenting on your work and then one person doesn't like it.. and you give a reply which shows nothing but anger. So, I'll explain why I don't like them later.. and you can respond to that.

Many people have been told to "read some tutorials" on this forum, none of them have reacted in the same way as you. If you want me to explain why I dont like the work, fine, but don't come back criticising me for being harsh because you blatantly asked for it...

It's just a random splodge of colours on a black canvas. Mostly filters. It looks as if you had absolutely no idea at all what you were trying to make at all. Symmetrical.

There.. Instead of doing the polite/honest thing by recommending tuts, I did the harsh/honest thing which I assume you were wanting,judging from your response. .
I did bump. Once myself, and the second time I had to get someone to post for me to bump it, with no success. And I didn't go crazy, just said that I wouldn't post any more stuff here if the number of comments didn't justify the time taken to do it. And now that I at least know my work is appreciated by a lot of people here, I won't mind so much in future if I don't get so many comments.

I appreciate you trying to help me by suggesting the name of the program and something to do with C4Ds. But honestly, I just don't like the idea much - making them just for the sake of making them doesn't work for me because I don't like raw C4Ds, and making stuff containing them doesn't require me to make them as there are so many packs and random C4Ds floating around the Internet that there's almost certain to be one that meets the requirements I desire. That's why I asked Becky for elaboration on her other idea, in case it was something that interested me more and that I thought I could do.

I disliked the "read some tutorials" comment as it's not showing the courage to directly say "I don't like this" (if someone doesn't like my work, I'd much rather they said it to my face rather than patronise me) neither does it give a reason why. Hence... no reason to respond to it. In any case, I dislike tutorials as I feel that work produced with a tutorial cannot truly be considered to be by the person that did it, but by the person that made the tutorial, as they're just stating everything that needs to be done while the person following the tut makes some superficial changes like choice of renders or C4Ds (for a sig tutorial, that is).

"It's just a random splodge of colours on a black canvas. Mostly filters. It looks as if you had absolutely no idea at all what you were trying to make at all. Symmetrical."

Harsh and honest. Better. This is far more helpful to me as it illustrates why you don't like it. It's a "random splodge of colours" (to use your description...) because it's abstract; I'm not trying to draw objects or shapes as such. Perhaps it's just not your "thing" - it isn't everyone's cup of tea, I know that much. But you have pointed out my tendency to just use black canvases as a starting point, so maybe in future I shall experiment with different starting colours. As for the "symmetrical" comment, though... well firstly, half of them aren't symmetrical, and secondly, why is symmetry assumed to always be a bad thing for those that are?

« Last edited by Catharsis on Apr 26th 2009 »

Catharsis Posted: 20:36 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607902
Catharsis
+
On 26-Apr-2009 latiasfinder said:"read some tutorials" /is/ an indirect way to say you dislike it.. to be critically honest, just say

"it's not fantastic, but why not try some tuts to improve a bit?"

i know most people want harsh critique to pinpoint where they can improve, and outright opinion on their work, but just saying "read a tut" is informal. =/

anyways...

they're definitely a lot different than what you normally see here, cath, and they sure are interesting. keep striving to better yourself ;3
Ooh, a rare post from Dani, heh. Haven't seen you around very much recently.

Thanks very much.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close