Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Is God an Alien?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 22:47 Apr26 2009 Post ID: 2607964
darkraiarceus911
Post Likes: 0
+
Is God an Alien? A question which many of you may not have asked yourself. I realize that the rules state that I should post information on the topic though there isn`t really any information to give. This is a question that I have debated with myself. I believe in God and whether he`s an alien or not I would still worship him because he created us. Many of you must admit if God was an alien a lot more things would make sense. I`d also like to point out that God is most certainly an alien because he is not from this earth. But things in the bible have raised questions.For example in the bible, Ezekiel came down from the heavens on a "giant wheel." In some bibles when God is thinking about creating humans he says "We Will Create Humans In Our Own Likeness" In plural. And some believe it was more that one alien that "created" us. Some theorize that "they" didn`t really create us as to tweak the ape`s DNA to have us end up as we are. Some believe that they did that to get our help to get gold. (there are theories on why they wanted gold but I won`t get into that now.) So I ask you what do you think? Even if your an atheist you must think that there is some possibility in this theory.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
City of Wonder Posted: 10:26 Apr27 2009 Post ID: 2608147
City of Wonder
+
Not to offend, but the idea that God is an alien is just...stupid. The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. This is why it says "We", not because it's a race of "aliens". There's no proof that God exists, so I wish you wouldn't say that "God created us" as fact. How would things make sense if God was an alien?

They wanted gold? Seriously? What are you talking about? Please, do go into this because honestly I've never heard of God "tweaking the DNA" of a chimpanzee to make humans and then go look for gold.

For the final question: If an atheist doesn't believe in God, why would they believe that God might be an alien? Yes, he's "not from this planet", but I thought he was a spiritual being, not a physical being.
MSN: [email protected]

His Royal Highness Utterly Awesome CoW I, who rules over the City of Wonder, posted the last message of 2009 and is now known as Mootilator.
super craig Posted: 17:13 Apr27 2009 Post ID: 2608350
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
Who knows aliens might have created us but I don't think you can say god is an alien, that idea just reverses its self around to what created the aliens in the first place, people will say god and we're back to the same debate, though instead of humans we'd have aliens.

The tweaking chimp DNA I assume is just an idea modified from evolutionary creationism. The aliens made humans from chimps, which either implies that there were chimps already on Earth when the aliens got here (how did they get there?) or they took a really stupid way of creating us.

Also isn't that a really long winded way to get gold in the first place? They had the technology to create us and to travel to the Earth, why not save all the hassle of humans and just use robots which would last longer, be stronger and easier to control and create than humans. Anyway primitive man had no way of getting lots of gold that would be needed in the qunatites I assume the aliens would have needed, you'd have to be looking relatively recent for that.

'Ezekiel came down from the heavens on a "giant wheel', hmm don't think the bible was trying to say that he was an alien, because theres a lot more of the bible that doesn't say that then 1 or 2 lines that might, with a huge mound of salt, be taken as meaning he was an alien.

As an atheist I don't think theres any posibilty at all of this, there could be a god, there could be aliens that created us but theres no way that they are one and the same.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 17:30 Apr27 2009 Post ID: 2608360
darkraiarceus911
+
Well yeah I have thought of the topic that something had to have created the aliens but I meant that we became humans by who`s doing? God? or an alien?

I know that the gold thing is very odd but i`d like to point out it was just a theory. I don`t really believe that's what they wanted if they`re the ones who came and made us how we are today. But what if they wanted to know if their is life out their? Just like we want to know. Perhaps they came to earth saw the potential of the ape and made them more intelligent.

Though I realize that the bible may not have meant that it was a UFO the possibility is still there. I`d also like to say that there have been many times where a "light" comes down from the heavens/heaven/space? maybe its a UFO?

I`d like to say I wasn`t thinking about an atheists point of view very much, so I guess I shouldn`t have referred to the existence of God as a fact, though keep in mind i`m Catholic so I believe it is. I think there is possibility in this theory though, it seems far-fetched.

(Keep in mind these are theories not always actual beliefs)

Oddball Posted: 03:14 Apr28 2009 Post ID: 2608781
Oddball
+
The idea of God being an omnipotent alien is a little silly. First of all, if he is an actual alien being he would have have been created before the creation of the universe. Of course you could argue that he emerged from whatever was behind the big bang but we can never be sure of that either. I've always thought that perhaps before the big bang was a crunching or contraction of the universe and time has been nothing but a series of contractions and explosive expansions.

Perhaps God is an immortal alien who has developed omnipotence from having been around long enough to learn, understand and do anything. It's always a possibility.
Check out my video blog at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVKEWusSAk
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 22:28 Apr28 2009 Post ID: 2609402
darkraiarceus911
+
I notice that most of you point out the possibility of this subject so that`s good.

but anyway when I say God I really meant that who/what created the human race? (I realize the large possibility that the human race came to be naturally) I probably should have pointed that out before.

fairygirl Posted: 15:32 Jun01 2009 Post ID: 2635036
fairygirl
Forum GuestMember
+
Hi
I find this debate very interesting and the way i look at it if there is a god he is an alien in the way of he is a different intelligent life form to us. I dont believe he was created when our universe was cos he created it but imagine a life form that could create a universe. He would be everything he said he was....a higher being, a onipresent force etc but he is still just a being like us.....only different.....that sounds like an alien being to me.
Shadow Cast Posted: 16:22 Jun03 2009 Post ID: 2637106
Shadow Cast
+
Just going to throw something out there.

If you do believe in God, then yes, he is an Alien. From the bible we're told he created the Earth, he didn't originate from it. Any living thing that doesn't originate from Earth is considered an Alien. Yeah you could argue God isn't technically a living thing but that'd be just debating semantics.

fairygirl Posted: 10:59 Jun06 2009 Post ID: 2639195
fairygirl
Forum GuestMember
+
Totally agree wit ya on that. But if god is real and he made the earth and he is our heavenly father etc who loves us etc then he has to be a living thing. Anything that is..... is living. Even if he can create and never dies he is still living. I mean we can create ( just in a different context to god) and if god is real we never die either and we are living. He may not be made of matter that we yet know of or of matter at all but if he is there then he has to be alive. Its a possibility that he was made by some other form of life but that would be going deeper into things and we could keep chatting about the possibilities and mind boggling stuff for a very long time lol
super craig Posted: 17:20 Jun06 2009 Post ID: 2639593
super craig
+
On 06-Jun-2009 fairygirl said:Totally agree wit ya on that. But if god is real and he made the earth and he is our heavenly father etc who loves us etc then he has to be a living thing. Anything that is..... is living. Even if he can create and never dies he is still living. I mean we can create ( just in a different context to god) and if god is real we never die either and we are living. He may not be made of matter that we yet know of or of matter at all but if he is there then he has to be alive. Its a possibility that he was made by some other form of life but that would be going deeper into things and we could keep chatting about the possibilities and mind boggling stuff for a very long time lol
I don't see why he has to be a living thing, just because he can create stuff and loves us? By the strict definition of been alive he'd have to fulfill several 'requirements', which I assume god wouldn't have to meet (all that spiritual stuff) and if he is made of matter where that matter came from, which as you said we'd be debating until its our time to finally meet him. Besides look at things like viruses, they're not alive by this defintion but yet are still able to create new things, admittly just more of themselves but then again aren't we all created in god's image?

Conviently ignoring the grey area is been alive just the opposite to been dead, without death you can't have life and vica versa, in which case if god is alive he could die.

From your earlier post your right that god is alien in the terms of something been different to us.

fairygirl Posted: 15:48 Jun10 2009 Post ID: 2642815
fairygirl
Forum GuestMember
+
Hi
I understand where you are coming from with god doesnt have to be alive etc etc but who said if something is alive it has to die?? Thats only life as we know it so far. I mean once upon a time humans thought the earth was flat but clearly its not. We already know of a kinda life thing that doesnt die...energy it just reforms into something new. A really interesting book you should read The dancing wu li masters by gary zukav.....its a book about quantum physics but it breaks it down for the ordinary person to understand while throwing in a mix of spiritual stuff etc. The guy who wrote it normally writes books on god etc but its a great book. In the book it describes everything from organic matter to inorganic matter. Also if god is there which i do believe if i am being totally honest then there is a heaven. Which means we live forever like the bible says......but then that means we dont die.....we only leave our organic bodies....so are we not alive?? I know god made us this way but who says its not the same for him?? So it is a possibility that god is actually alive...just in a different sense to what we understand as human beings.
xx
rate_me Posted: 15:55 Jun10 2009 Post ID: 2642818
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
If God was a corporeal being, He would be limited by His body. Matter is universally imperfect and God is perfect, thus He is an omnipotent spirit, not bound by the laws of the universe as we understand them.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
super craig Posted: 18:02 Jun10 2009 Post ID: 2642971
super craig
+
On 10-Jun-2009 fairygirl said:Hi
I understand where you are coming from with god doesnt have to be alive etc etc but who said if something is alive it has to die?? Thats only life as we know it so far. I mean once upon a time humans thought the earth was flat but clearly its not. We already know of a kinda life thing that doesnt die...energy it just reforms into something new. A really interesting book you should read The dancing wu li masters by gary zukav.....its a book about quantum physics but it breaks it down for the ordinary person to understand while throwing in a mix of spiritual stuff etc. The guy who wrote it normally writes books on god etc but its a great book. In the book it describes everything from organic matter to inorganic matter. Also if god is there which i do believe if i am being totally honest then there is a heaven. Which means we live forever like the bible says......but then that means we dont die.....we only leave our organic bodies....so are we not alive?? I know god made us this way but who says its not the same for him?? So it is a possibility that god is actually alive...just in a different sense to what we understand as human beings.
xx
Its an extremely common myth that most people used to believe the world was flat, the ancient chinese knew it was round as did a load of other ancient people. I know thats got sod all to do with the debate but I couldn't help it (thank you QI)Smile

Surely we must die though? For wasn't even Jesus brought back from the dead, he needed to die in the first place, whether there is eternal life afterwards we still need to die to get there to begin with.

You right that energy is conserved and isn't created or destroyed but theres a difference between energy and 'life', if spirit is just energy then I should be converting life every time I use the kettle or anything else for that matter. I'm afraid I can't really debate any of the spiritual aspect having not read the book so I don't know what he talks about. If you ever get the time could you just post a few of the ideas raised please.

fairygirl Posted: 14:22 Jun26 2009 Post ID: 2657132
fairygirl
Forum GuestMember
+
Hi
You could be totally right on what your saying cos to be honest with you i havent got a clue about death or the afterlife etc as i have never been there. I am just trying to think about things from outside the box. As a species we have come very far in our scientific thinking but we have a long way to go too. I mean just imagine aliens are real and they can travel huge distances and use telepathy etc like the science fiction books talk about who knows what is possible. Plus i think if there is a being out there like god who can create things with his mind then in this thing of creation (every creation) anything is possible! Jesus may have died and be brought back to life but wasnt that just his physical form?? What i was trying to say is when people die and go to heaven do you think they just cut out in their mind and then are suddenly woken up? Or do you believe that they rise out of their bodies and go into the light etc being fully awake (near death experiences) Cos if its the latter we ( not physical form) never die do we??
The discussions in the book are generally scientific ones.....it discusses newtonian physics against quantum physics and the guy just kinda brings his spiritual ideas into this. I will post some discussions on from the book in the future as i will have to dig it out, have not read it in a while.
xxx
marielue5 Posted: 20:52 Jul25 2009 Post ID: 2687727
marielue5
+
On 26-Apr-2009 darkraiarceus911 said:Is God an Alien? A question which many of you may not have asked yourself. I realize that the rules state that I should post information on the topic though there isn`t really any information to give. This is a question that I have debated with myself. I believe in God and whether he`s an alien or not I would still worship him because he created us. Many of you must admit if God was an alien a lot more things would make sense. I`d also like to point out that God is most certainly an alien because he is not from this earth. But things in the bible have raised questions.For example in the bible, Ezekiel came down from the heavens on a "giant wheel." In some bibles when God is thinking about creating humans he says "We Will Create Humans In Our Own Likeness" In plural. And some believe it was more that one alien that "created" us. Some theorize that "they" didn`t really create us as to tweak the ape`s DNA to have us end up as we are. Some believe that they did that to get our help to get gold. (there are theories on why they wanted gold but I won`t get into that now.) So I ask you what do you think? Even if your an atheist you must think that there is some possibility in this theory.
I myself find this a very odd question but....

Anyway I just thought I would tell you that the "Bibles" you were talking about that say "we will create man in our own likeness" are referring to the holy trinity. Which is God the father, son, and holy ghost. Which is found in the Bible, they just changed the beginning text to say that.

Also God is technically an alien given the definition means stranger, however to think he is green and looks like the aliens you would see at a movie is in my opinion absurd and pointless.

« Last edited by marielue5 on Jul 25th 2009 »
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

tbug2007 Posted: 21:17 Jul25 2009 Post ID: 2687748
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
There are three main ways I see this, depending on different viewpoints.

The first, is as was stated. Aliens are anything not coming from the earth.

The second, is the fact that, everything BUT Him is an alien. (Saying he created everything.)

The third is straight from the Bible, where He calls US aliens.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Swampert_King456 Posted: 06:27 Jul28 2009 Post ID: 2690361
Swampert_King456
+
After viewing this topic, and reading all of your posts thouroughly, I've come to three conclusions.

One:
We're all thinking on a level that is stupid in instelf. Especially whoever said we could have been made from DNA from aliens. Hoppy-****-nonsense. We were lucky to be created. And if it wasn't us, it would have been raptors, but then they all died out.

We weren't created by aliens, or some divine being. Everything was random. We were in a "Just Right" position in the universe, and the whole thing played out.

*The following two, have nothing to do with the topic at hand*

Two:
You're all thinking way too much, and Super Craig should be President of the United States, and Canada.

Three:
Chocolate.
Cross Stinger Posted: 00:40 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2698803
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
Fairygirl, what book is this?

By the definition of 'alien', as far as tangible life on Earth, any supreme being would be. It's just interesting that the word 'alien' has finally been thrown out there.
Starkiller3 Posted: 05:52 Aug08 2009 Post ID: 2700607
Starkiller3
+
darkraiarceus guy, would you name the bibles that say "in our likeness"?

Because the Catholic bible is strangely different from the bible as we know it, but once i start on the catholics, wont stop, so I wont go any further.

From what the bible tells us, God is a being that is just there, no birth, no end.

tbug, the term "alien" when used in the bible, it means converts to judaism, kind of like becoming an Australian citizen.

Sig by me avy by Namek

I accept this award, knowing that none of you did anything to help me
~Hugh Grant
tbug2007 Posted: 07:14 Aug13 2009 Post ID: 2706888
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
Yeah. Therefore, foreigners.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close