Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Hall OF Fame Question

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
geezerguy Posted: 12:55 May05 2009 Post ID: 2613668
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Wasn't ilovemissyelliot the Smod that got banned?

But, yeah, I agree with the Former Admin/Smod thing, but 'higher-up' Moderators who were very well known and were good at it should be mentioned, too, I think... Though, there I don't know very many of them. ;p
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 13:46 May05 2009 Post ID: 2613682
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
On 05-May-2009 geezerguy said:Wasn't ilovemissyelliot the Smod that got banned?

But, yeah, I agree with the Former Admin/Smod thing, but 'higher-up' Moderators who were very well known and were good at it should be mentioned, too, I think... Though, there I don't know very many of them. ;p
Who? Never heard of that guy. No, I'm sure there was another one. I think it was RJ Fighter or something.

I disagree. Because where would you draw the line? Eventually, every other Moderator would be getting popped in because they closed a certain topic. No, the only other way to get into the Hall of Fame should be if you do something worth getting you in there, ragrdless of whether you are a Moderator or a Member.

For example, an ideal Hall of Fame would be like:

Team SuperCheats/Testuser
Sanzano
Cross Stinger
Youkou
Nintendo_Dude (wasn't he an Admin before he left? I had only recently joined at the time)
Super Mods past and present (something like one through thirty-five)
Volke (outstanding submissions and post quality)
Guy who suggested something really good that resulted in the site changing for the better
Muchitsujo (excellent Resident Evil series guides + great sense of humour)
Currymonster (for that rapping thing)
MJEmerzian and Deathborn (two guys who hae written the only good Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn walkthroughs I've ever seen)

Obviously, there'd be a sentence next to each member explaining why they're there, but this is a rough example. Not all I listed would make it on there (I only listed the walkthrough guys as fillers and examples).
geezerguy Posted: 13:51 May05 2009 Post ID: 2613687
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
I was talking about people Like Kenny2x4 and V-Gamer.

V-Gamer contributed alot in the subs section, and was also a good moderator, and I'm sure it's the same situation with Kenny.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Chrusher Posted: 14:51 May05 2009 Post ID: 2613720
Chrusher
Post Likes: 0
+
On 05-May-2009 Volke said:Who? Never heard of that guy. No, I'm sure there was another one. I think it was RJ Fighter or something.

I disagree. Because where would you draw the line? Eventually, every other Moderator would be getting popped in because they closed a certain topic. No, the only other way to get into the Hall of Fame should be if you do something worth getting you in there, ragrdless of whether you are a Moderator or a Member.

For example, an ideal Hall of Fame would be like:

Team SuperCheats/Testuser
Sanzano
Cross Stinger
Youkou
Nintendo_Dude (wasn't he an Admin before he left? I had only recently joined at the time)
Super Mods past and present (something like one through thirty-five)
Volke (outstanding submissions and post quality)
Guy who suggested something really good that resulted in the site changing for the better
Muchitsujo (excellent Resident Evil series guides + great sense of humour)
Currymonster (for that rapping thing)
MJEmerzian and Deathborn (two guys who hae written the only good Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn walkthroughs I've ever seen)

Obviously, there'd be a sentence next to each member explaining why they're there, but this is a rough example. Not all I listed would make it on there (I only listed the walkthrough guys as fillers and examples).
Ok you obviously dont know what your talking about the only people i would put on the hall of fame from that list are, Rich, Denis, Crossy, dave, nintendodude_, and some other smods like superman. You get my point im sorry volke but i dont consider you a hall of famer now.

RETIRED*

sig by.impact~
qwertyuio Posted: 17:07 May05 2009 Post ID: 2613797
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Oi, this topic stays off the topic of who is and isn't in the Hall of Fame or I close it. Nothing good can come of that. -_- We are talking about the suggestion, not the people included.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Chrusher Posted: 17:43 May05 2009 Post ID: 2613820
Chrusher
+
Yeah thats what i wanted qwert, and i didnt want this to become one of those topics like before.

RETIRED*

sig by.impact~
Seos san Nekros Posted: 00:28 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614104
Seos san Nekros
+
On 05-May-2009 Volke said:Former Admins and Super Mods should be brought up for their contributions to the site, unless they were banned (like that Super Mod who got bored one day; what was his name again?).

Others should only include highly contributing submitters (not necessarily ones who hav a big number next to their name, rather people who make brilliant submissions i.e. me) and people who had some good ideas that led to major positive changes to the site.

Obviously, the list should be kept small. Adding every Moderator that's ever been would result in a huge list scanning several pages. And if we're going to add submitters with increasing large numbers next to their names, then why don't we just look at the Stats page.

I say this method is the best way to do it. Only the Administrators should decide who goes on it, as I'm sure they keep records and won't forget anyone.
I like the idea. Not that it is, in any way, necessary, but I think it’d be fascinating to find out who Rich and company consider to be important pieces of the site’s history. Plus, it would eliminate all bickering about who deserves to be in, because the admins could put in anyone they want for any reason they want.
[center]
[color=silver]
Thanks to V-Gamer for awesome sig and avy.
[url=http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo256/SeossanNekros/][color=silver]Gifts and such. Thanks guys. =D[/url]
[url=http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=97843][size=13][color=silver]Short Story - Haunted[/url]
balthiersbit Posted: 04:54 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614156
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
^Agreed totally. Even if this was to be added to SC the only people who could really say who has contributed to their site would be Richard and Dennis with the help of Crossy (and Dave if he was still here) The more people you have wanting to put their vote in, the more mayhem it would be. You can take a good look at this topic if you youre not convinced.

And even if it was agreed for this to be added there a more things that are more pressing than this. Im sorry Chrusher I know how hard you are pushing this. But if people dont agree dont take it personally. You will never have full 100% backing all the time.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Volke Posted: 08:52 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614197
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
On 05-May-2009 Chrusher said:Ok you obviously dont know what your talking about the only people i would put on the hall of fame from that list are, Rich, Denis, Crossy, dave, nintendodude_, and some other smods like superman. You get my point im sorry volke but i dont consider you a hall of famer now.
I would think I would know what I am talking about if it is I who said it.

My original idea was that only the Administrators (present and former) would be entered. However, this site is full of kids, and they'd be all "put *insert* here! They're a Super Mod", or maybe "why haven't I been mentioned? I'm a Super Mod and I've contributed plenty". It's the general attitude these days, I'm afraid. And if they're going to be on there, a few worthy submitters should be mentioned as it isn't exactly fair not to include people who contribute to the main part of the site whilst including several people who've just closed a few topics in a little offshoot section.

You don't need to apologise. I'm not the most well-known person here, and definately not the most well liked around the forums. However, my submissions are of excellent quality and I'm assuming they are held in high regard (what, with me becoming a Pro Submitter after only five submissions, none of which were Walkthroughs. A record, I'm sure). Excuse my rather...arrogant statement, but I'm around the main site quite often and, other than those of the Administrators (as SuperCheats Staff, I'd say my own submissions are far and away amongst the best. I'm in the top 100, if that's worth mentioning.

Seos San Nekros and Balthiersbit - Thanks for the support. I'm glad you agree.
superblobby Posted: 13:25 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614308
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
Nah, it's all the new members that post, nowadays, and the old timers/legends would be discarded.
England; time setters for the entire world.
Chrusher Posted: 19:03 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614549
Chrusher
+
On 06-May-2009 Volke said:I would think I would know what I am talking about if it is I who said it.

My original idea was that only the Administrators (present and former) would be entered. However, this site is full of kids, and they'd be all "put *insert* here! They're a Super Mod", or maybe "why haven't I been mentioned? I'm a Super Mod and I've contributed plenty". It's the general attitude these days, I'm afraid. And if they're going to be on there, a few worthy submitters should be mentioned as it isn't exactly fair not to include people who contribute to the main part of the site whilst including several people who've just closed a few topics in a little offshoot section.

You don't need to apologise. I'm not the most well-known person here, and definately not the most well liked around the forums. However, my submissions are of excellent quality and I'm assuming they are held in high regard (what, with me becoming a Pro Submitter after only five submissions, none of which were Walkthroughs. A record, I'm sure). Excuse my rather...arrogant statement, but I'm around the main site quite often and, other than those of the Administrators (as SuperCheats Staff, I'd say my own submissions are far and away amongst the best. I'm in the top 100, if that's worth mentioning.

Seos San Nekros and Balthiersbit - Thanks for the support. I'm glad you agree.
I have about 1200 submissions and i have never even mentioned anything about me, im just saying rich should pay respect to himself and others who have contributed to this site,the decisions is solely up to him.

RETIRED*

sig by.impact~
Nuclear Destruction Posted: 13:34 May07 2009 Post ID: 2614977
Nuclear Destruction
+
For some people this wouldn't so much motivate them but feel unwanted. If they feel that the admins don't take special note to their contributions they might give up. A lot of the members here are just kids and some might just give up if they don't feel special or have their own little pedestal.

I personally like the idea that some of the SC greats will get some more respect, but I don't know if members could stand it.

Avy - Neko | Sig - Taylor
Me
Chrusher Posted: 15:21 May07 2009 Post ID: 2615014
Chrusher
+
Yeah i dont agree witht he point just for the simple fact that members now dont feel special so if the list of hall of famers was to be put up then it wouldnt change the fact that they dont feel special. Im thinking this would make them thinking if they contributed greatly to the site then maybe one day they could be like dave or cross.

RETIRED*

sig by.impact~
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close