Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The SuperCheats Newsletter: April 2009

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Next
Vasco Posted: 05:49 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613009
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+

Banner by ozzo

Hello, welcome to another amazing edition of the Newsletter. Once again, we haven?t been able to post it on time, but hey, let?s just call it tradition.

I?d like to start this edition by sharing a bit of our history in the NL Staff so far. I joined the Newsletter last Summer. Neko, the current host, was on holidays, so he made a topic asking for applications; geezerguy and I applied, we were both accepted. From that moment forward, we started working as Hosts/Article Writers, with Flareon Dude_ as our Chief and Editor. Qwertyuio was also with us, working as the Interviewer to replace our former one, superblobby. In the following months we received help from quite a few members, imaloony and DeadWing being the main two; and they?re still with us. Almost a year has passed, and we still stand here, managing to post the Newsletter every month. It might not be perfect, but we all do our job the best we can. Unfortunately, this month, Flareon Dude_ left the website. Rob, it has been a pleasure working with you, and believe me, I?m speaking for all the NL members. On another note, thank you for giving me this spot. With Rob?s departure, we needed a new Editor and with the support from all the NL Members, TV101 got the spot. Congratulations, I hope to see a good job.

Now, onto the Newsletter itself, we have the usual Articles as well as a special article we?ve been discussing for a while called the: Music Article! The Hidden Pixel game is also back; let?s see who can find it ;)

Contents
1# Qwertyuio?s Interview

2# Posting Achievements

3# Submission Achievements

4# Anniversaries

5# Member of the Month

6# Pixel?euphoria?

7# Disclaimer

[center][b][u] Qwertyuio?s Interview [/center][/b][/u]

Currently we?re still testing a NEW system, but we?re hoping that, from now on, the Interviews will be released in .pdf format.

Click here to read the interview.

?THE PERSON I INTERVIEW THIS MONTH HAS PROVEN TO US ALL, TIME AND TIME AGAIN, A COUPLE OF THINGS:

1: HE IS EXTREMELLY SMART

2: HE IS FUNNY AS HELL

3: GAY PEOPLE ARE EPIC

WHO IS THIS PERSON? NONE OTHER THAN MY PERSONAL FAVORITE SUPERMOD, CATHARSIS, aka MARCUS! ?

[center] [u]Posting Achievements[/center][/u]

Alright, finally time for the April Posting achievements. This month, there was literally a flood of mods and members with posting achievements. This means that people are finally realizing that the little counter under their name is more than a button to keep track of how much of their life that they?ve wasted, but also something to give them a minor feeling of accomplishment, kudos. Let me tell you, sifting through all the joke title threads and April Fools topics was really annoying; please stop, for my sake ;_; With that, give it up for all of these fantastic posters!

1,000-4,999

Next Generation (*)

1# Twilight Warrior

2# Star_Meteor_Dragon

3# know-your-role

4# Intoxication

5# dx_hbk

6# kazualsk8r

7# g33k

8# Green_Fire

5,000-9,999

Junior Elites (**)

1# Nuclear Destruction

2# ChrisMaclean

3# sk8rboy

4# guy-in-oakland

10,000-14,999

Elite Members (***)

1# qwertyuio

15,000-19,999

Veterans (****)

1# Alexzander

20,000+

Supercheats Legends (*****)

None this month ;_;

Imaloony8.0 and the newsletter staff apologize if you had a posting achievement but were not featured in this article due to you not making a topic or loony being an idiot and not noticing it. Achievements will only be included for the newsletter if they have a thread made for them in the month of that newsletter. Your achievements won?t be included if you don?t make a topic, so make sure to keep up to date with your post count!

Article by imaloony8.0

[center][b][u] Submission Achievements [/b][/u][/center]

Alright, the April 2009 Submission achievements are finally here, but we only have three people who made topics! Be sure to make those topics to get featured in this section, I?m not going to hunt you down. Or will I?? Regardless, congratulations to these guys!

100-299
-Junior Submitters-

*DeadWing

300-599
-Dedicated Submitters-

**None D;

600-999
-Hardcore Submitters-

***guy-in-oakland

1,000-1,499
-Crazed Submitters-

****None ;0

1,500+
-OMGWTFBBQ-

*****None ;_;

Way too Much
-Holy Crap-

***********************************Alexzander***********************************

Imaloony8.0 and the newsletter staff apologizes if you had a Submission achievement but were not featured in this article due to you not making a topic or loony being an idiot by not noticing it. Achievements will only be counted for the newsletter if they have a thread made for them in the month of that newsletter. Your achievements won?t be counted if you don?t make a topic, so make sure to keep up to date with your submission count![/center]

[center][u] Anniversaries[/center][/u]

April has had quite a few anniversaries. We've had many member birthdays this month, but on the other hand, not so many Supercheats anniversaries. Regardless, here they are, the people that deserve recognition for staying on the site for so long and, hopefully, haven't thought about leaving. Guys, I hope you stay here for a much longer time, and many congratulations to those that celebrated their actual birthday.

First Year (*):

1#kazualsk8r --- April 9

Second Year (**):

1# Alexzander --- April 29

2# gamespro --- April 30

Fifth Year (*****):

1# RJ Fighter --- April 17

Real Birthdays:

1# dx_hbk --- April 4

2# imaloony8.0 --- April 7

3# dnextreme88 --- April 9

4# CyberneticMooninite --- April 9

5# InvertAlpha --- April 10

6# EspeonDude_ --- April 14

Make sure to congratulate all that celebrated their anniversary and/or birthday. Let's all hope that they stay around for another few years, maybe even to the 20th anniversary of SuperCheats. I apologize for any celebrations that I might have missed. I looked through all of the topics made in April, and I think I got them all; just in case, many congratulations to those that I may have missed.

Article by DeadWing

[center][b][u]Member of the Month[/b][/center][/u]

Here we are: the most awaited article of the month (Yes, because I write it, that?s enough). Once again, we didn?t get a single suggestion, so I ended up making the decision with Filip. It was pretty simple, the following person has been a great member for a long time, and we were sure he would eventually get this status.

So yes, I could pretty much be typing here all day and you would still scroll down just to read the winner?s name. I guess I could say this is a perfect time to say anything I want. For example, YOU?RE ALL? But no, I won?t say. By this time you?re probably bored, but yet you keep reading? I seriously don?t understand. I?m listening to Nightwish here, so I don?t need to stop. What the heck are you doing still reading this for? I mean come on, time to get a life much?

Kthx, I?m tired.

This edition, the Member Of The Month will be?

Du-nananana!

[b][u]CATHARSIS![/b][/u]

(NOT Catharis, Catharisis or Cathi; Catharsis.)

Make us proud ;)

Article by Vasco

[center][b][u]Pixel?euphoria? [/b][/center][/u]

LAST MONTH?S WINNER:

Qwertyuio!

Congratulations qwert, you will receive a golden cookie. In 10 years. Sorry, but you have bad luck on being the first winner :P. We haven?t decided on a prize yet, stay tuned for next time.

We WILL be keeping a wall with the winners, though, you?ll be added next edition.

In the old Newsletters, this game consisted of finding ONE hidden pixel anywhere on the site.

The pixel shall be hidden by one of the Newsletter Staff Team. We won?t mention who did it , so even the other members can look for it. The pixel will be in the middle of an avatar, signature or even text, and it will stand out by not being a part of the original piece (something that should be fairly easy to notice).

Here?s an example:

To make it easier, this month?s Pixel was NOT hidden within an image. It was posted by qwertyuio. The winner will receive an award, probably a signature made by myself, good luck to all.

Article by Vasco

[center][u][b]Disclaimer[/center][/b] [/u]

This review was not intended to offend anyone and elaboration was used necessarily for enjoyable reading. Any attempt to re-create/rip this review will cause me TestVirus to go freaky. Seriously. I won?t even mention anyone else, he alone is enough to scare the crap out of rippers. If you still want to proceed, we also have loony; now leave.

NOTE: A lion with a small penis must have a big roar ? Stifler?s wisdom for you.

The Newsletter Team

Vasco - Host and Article Writer
Qwertyuio - Interviewer

Lukie ? Article Writer
Imaloony8.0 ? Article Writer

DeadWing ? Article Writer
TestVirus101 ? Editor

If you?d like to help, please send your application to the e-mail bellow. Also, regarding the Special Article, we accept it from ANYONE; you can just make an article you think is pretty interesting and send it to us. If it?s good enough, it will be posted and of course you?ll get credit for it.

To send your article, or for further questions, e-mail me at:

vasco_gamer @ hotmail. com [remove the spaces]

« Last edited by Vasco on May 4th 2009 »

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Vasco Posted: 05:56 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613012
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Only a few days later, not bad. I'd like to give a special thanks to TV101 for the great edition job, specially for being his first time with us.

And, of course, good job for all our Staff, thanks guys. Flow, if you read this, we're sorry, but your article was not added. It lacked introduction and development, we can't just post a list :/

To finish, congratulations to all the mentioned, specially to our new MOTM, Cath Smile

« Last edited by Vasco on May 4th 2009 »

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
TestVirus101 Posted: 06:01 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613014
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Ah, a nice newsletter, but I've already found out an answer to something I was unsure of and will fix for the next issue (it seems I was taking "article by" credits as placeholders for articles you hadn't recieved yet) you should probably removed the center tags from "Article by" credits, which I'll remember to do next time.
know-your-role Posted: 06:30 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613019
know-your-role
Post Likes: 1
+
So, the pixel can be in anybody's signature or do you discuss it with them first?

Anyway, as usual nice newsletter, congratulations to Cath for being MOTM & to all that have been mentioned. Smile
E-bro: Jakethesnake14
Vasco Posted: 06:53 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613024
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
On 04-May-2009 know-your-role said:So, the pixel can be in anybody's signature or do you discuss it with them first?

Anyway, as usual nice newsletter, congratulations to Cath for being MOTM & to all that have been mentioned. Smile
"To make it easier, this month?s Pixel was NOT hidden within an image. It was posted by qwertyuio."

So basically, can be anywhere he posted this past week.

TV: Removed.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
imaloony8.0 Posted: 07:23 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613031
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
I wasn't given credit at the end again...

And my submission article just had my heading from last month with the word 'April' stapled on it. What happened to the one I wrote for it?

Oh, and my birthday from the 7th wasn't included even though I made a topic. ;_;

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on May 4th 2009 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Volke Posted: 07:25 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613032
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Is it realy necessary to force us to download the interview? I personally don't want to, since my laptop's memory is nearly all used up as it is, and I'd rather risk it becoming really slow by putting more music on it instead. I liked it beter when we could simply read the interview by looking at this topic as I actually enjoy reading the interviews.

Yes, believe or not I actually quite enjoy reading these things.

May I make a sugestion? Why not add interest to the newsletter by adding a 'SuperCheats game of the month' article. Each month, all members of the newsletter discuss what video game they deem worthy of the title, and dedicate a small article (doesn't need to be a huge 10,000 word review like my review of Resident Evil 5) to the game and why it was chosen. This is a video games website after all.

« Last edited by Volke on May 4th 2009 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 07:28 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613033
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
I suggested that in the last topic. I'll be kicking it off next month with my favorite game of all time.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
dx_hbk Posted: 07:33 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613034
dx_hbk
Skeptic
+
Yay i got for mentioned 3 strait months anyway good newes letter tho the march letter was more better lol oh and congratz cath.

I am going to check out the interveiw now.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Animefreak Posted: 07:58 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613038
Animefreak
The Doctor
Post Likes: 3
+
And Mark continues to remind us why we love him.
Yes.
qwertyuio Posted: 09:46 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613055
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
...You said you had my prize damn it. ;_; Also, Cath needs his MOTM sig. D: Gah, I will have to wait. ;_;

Great NL though, thanks everyone. ^^

Volke: Yeah I suppose it wouldn't really be the best for slow computers, but this just adds to the overall presentation and readability so I'm keeping it in PDF.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
know-your-role Posted: 10:16 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613059
know-your-role
Post Likes: 1
+
Why can't you post it on here? Don't you even think about us if we can't download something? Not saying I can't but it's a little unfair.
E-bro: Jakethesnake14
Animefreak Posted: 10:35 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613061
Animefreak
The Doctor
Post Likes: 3
+
We all know .pdf is ****. 'Overall Presentation?' ... OMG GUIZ. IT MAKES US CLICK STUFF TO READ THE INTERESTING PART!!!

And readability? You can't read it when .pdf ***** it up.

tl;dr, don't read the interview unless it's Mark.
Yes.
Vasco Posted: 13:07 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613087
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
On 04-May-2009 Volke said:Is it realy necessary to force us to download the interview? I personally don't want to, since my laptop's memory is nearly all used up as it is, and I'd rather risk it becoming really slow by putting more music on it instead. I liked it beter when we could simply read the interview by looking at this topic as I actually enjoy reading the interviews.

Yes, believe or not I actually quite enjoy reading these things.

May I make a sugestion? Why not add interest to the newsletter by adding a 'SuperCheats game of the month' article. Each month, all members of the newsletter discuss what video game they deem worthy of the title, and dedicate a small article (doesn't need to be a huge 10,000 word review like my review of Resident Evil 5) to the game and why it was chosen. This is a video games website after all.
We started with a new system this month. Not sure if you actually clicked it, but it will take you to a beta site where you can read the interview, and download it ONLY if you wish.

I have to agree with you though, I enjoyed reading the interview in the actual post. We'll discuss it this month, thanks for bringing it up. I'm also quite surprised to see you read them.

About the suggestion, we thought about something like that for next month. Like loony said, he'll be taking care of it. This month won't be needed, since loony already made a decision, but feel free to e-mail us your candidates.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Vasco Posted: 13:11 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613089
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
On 04-May-2009 imaloony8.0 said:I wasn't given credit at the end again...

And my submission article just had my heading from last month with the word 'April' stapled on it. What happened to the one I wrote for it?

Oh, and my birthday from the 7th wasn't included even though I made a topic. ;_;
Credit given, article fixed, and birthday added, thanks Smile

Unrelated note, Cath became the first person to get MOTM and an interview on the same month. I'll be making your signature IF you wish. Say something when you post here.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
CurryMonster Posted: 14:44 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613155
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
Post Likes: 0
+
I'm completely disgusted that I don't even get a mention in this newsletter. I did some seriously important stuff last month, and nobody even thinks to put my name in there or offer me Member of the Month of interview me or anything. I don't see Marcus getting engaged, do you? You guys are the worst journalists ever!

This concludes our test of the Sarcasm Detector. All systems fully operational.

No, but seriously, a mention might have ben nice. Even if it's just to prove that the SC Times is about more than just postcounts.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
geezerguy Posted: 15:06 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613169
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Nice Newsletter & Interview, guys! ;D

I like the little things you done with the layout, TV, looks much better.

Congrats to Cath for MOTM, too. :3
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
superbird5005 Posted: 15:07 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613171
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
Very great Article. Since my Dial-Up is being a......I'm waiting forever for the interview.

I would have made a topic about my 600th submission(Hint) but the SC Times rules say I can't make a topic unless it's a interval of 1k.

Congrats Cath on the MOTH!Thumbs Up
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

geezerguy Posted: 15:18 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613175
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
On 04-May-2009 superbird5005 said:Very great Article. Since my Dial-Up is being a......I'm waiting forever for the interview.

I would have made a topic about my 600th submission(Hint) but the SC Times rules say I can't make a topic unless it's a interval of 1k.

Congrats Cath on the MOTH!Thumbs Up
They changed the rules so that you can post multiples of 100 for subs.

« Last edited by geezerguy on May 4th 2009 »
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
superbird5005 Posted: 15:43 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613197
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
.....Never noticed the other posts...oops :P

Still a great Article, finally read the interview. Panda Time.....a few great laughs.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Displaying Page 1 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 292692

Post Top
Click to close