Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Platinum

Worth getting the guidebook?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

02 Dissociative. Posted at: 04:31 May09 2009 Post ID: 2615930
02 Dissociative.
Post Likes: 0
+
+
So, Platinum comes out in a few days here in Australia. Anyway, the guidebook is already on sale, and I saw that it's insanely thick. It looks fairly in-depth, and is pretty expensive too.

Do you reckon it'd be worth getting, like, does it have any information I couldn't just get on Bulbapedia?

Signature by Vasco.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nintendo dude Posted at: 06:29 May09 2009 Post ID: 2615982
nintendo dude
+
+
I wouldn't get it. Platinum is too much fun on it's own to need a guidebook. If you do get stuck, that's what Supercheats is for.
I'm done here. Living over at thepurplecube.org as n.d. if you wanna say hi.
coachcline Posted at: 09:25 May09 2009 Post ID: 2616148
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Don't get it, it's just $15 buck wasted on what you can see easily on the internet. Seriously, Serebii & Bulbapedia are probably better than a guidebook.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Mummification Posted at: 15:51 May09 2009 Post ID: 2616433
Mummification
+
+
I never got the guidebook, and I had no trouble at all finding trainers with Pok�mon I didn't have in my Dex. And if there was anyone I wanted to catch I just used Serebiis' Pok�dex. So I would say the guide book is a little useless.
Traffic Monger Posted at: 17:26 May09 2009 Post ID: 2616530
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
My parents got it for me along with Platinum. It actually isn't that bad, but probably not worth the $15.00 right now. It arguably would have been worth it around the time Platinum actually came out, since serebii and bulbapedia were pretty darn slow at that time. You'd probably be better off without it.

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Darx Star Posted at: 13:01 May10 2009 Post ID: 2617084
Darx Star
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I have it and it actually is a big help. It told me where to find the orbs to catch Dialga and Palkia. I was shocked by it's thickness! It really helps to catch Pokemon! It has everything except a few things (catching the Regis, Arceus). I got it after I beat Cynthia but I recommend it if you have the forty Austrailian!
PhilXZ Posted at: 13:34 May10 2009 Post ID: 2617104
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
+
I have it and it helped here and there. Mostly with the locations of Pokemon I was missing for my Sinnoh Dex. It ruins the fun out of the game though, that's why I didn't use it extensively.
YubelPWNZ Posted at: 13:59 May10 2009 Post ID: 2617107
YubelPWNZ
+
+
There is no point in the game where you will actually need the guidebook because it is really hard to get stuck and not know what to do, and even if you do get stuck, there is nothing in there that someone here doesn't know. i bought it and used it for a couple of things like pokemon locations, but it really was not worth $15. Just say NO to overpriced, unnecessary, guidebooks.Shame

btw, DS, are you sure your book didn't tell you where to catch the regis? Go to the pokedex section of the book and look for "where to obtain" and it will tell youThumbs Up.
IM BACK.
I'm sure you're all thrilled...
Anyway I may come back to Pokemon in a while, but for now SuperCheats still doesnt have forums for the games that I play a lot. DX
I am in the Sony-Microsoft-Nintendo war for the PS3. I have facts, do you? If not, shut up.
Thats about it at the moment, and I'm still BlackCimera96. I'm also CosmycMyndFuc on Cabal online...
I.O.U 1 pic Smile
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close