Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

General Graphics Discussion| DA Links| SotW Winners

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 133 of 134
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 131 | 132 | 133 | Last     Previous | Next
v-gamer Posted: 16:26 Jan25 2010 Post ID: 2792770
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Craizen said:V truthfully, It doesn't really matter to me. I was just happy to tie with sig made entirely with brushes and a contrast adjustments.
I'm not sure if this is all one thought or if this is two separate thoughts. ;O I mean, I'm not sure if you think:
1) we should make a new topic just so we could add in your name as a tied win in SOTW; or
2) that it doesn't matter who makes the new topic and also that you're happy that you tied a win in SOTW.

If the first (1), don't flatter yourself, lol. There are also two other SOTWs to be added with the one in which you won.

If the latter (2): i) nice (but we have yet to confirm all the nominations); ii) congrats.

Edit: Okay, so we (all three mods) can both agree on Layne. ;) How do the other graphic forum posters feel about this?

« Last edited by v-gamer on Jan 25th 2010 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Craizen Posted: 16:44 Jan25 2010 Post ID: 2792773
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
That just plain confused me V.
v-gamer Posted: 17:09 Jan25 2010 Post ID: 2792781
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
You confused me, too.

V truthfully, It doesn't really matter to me. I was just happy to tie with sig made entirely with brushes and a contrast adjustments.

Are both sentences talking about the new topic being made and who is to make it? Are both sentences talking about something different? Or is one sentence talking about one thing, and the second sentence talking about another?

Because I interpretted your message as saying, "it doesn't matter to me who makes the new topic, [first sentence] as long as my name is put as a winner who tied first place with a sig made with brushes and adjustments. [second sentence]"

But I also acknowledged that you could be talking about two completely different ideas, one sentence concerning the making of a new topic and other simply as a comment that you're happy you won a SOTW.

Thank you, Vasco <3
Green_Fire Posted: 17:15 Jan25 2010 Post ID: 2792789
Green_Fire
Post Likes: 0
+
Layne is the most active member here so I say yeah.

Signature by me
X-Visuals Posted: 17:18 Jan25 2010 Post ID: 2792791
X-Visuals
+
yeah let Layne get it
Layne. Posted: 17:45 Jan25 2010 Post ID: 2792800
Layne.
+
Wait, but since I wouldn't able to make SOTW, wouldn't that like, not work. D;

Still happy to make it, though.Smile

Nicooooole<3
Craizen Posted: 19:02 Jan25 2010 Post ID: 2792818
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
[quoteby=v-gamer]You confused me, too.

V truthfully, It doesn't really matter to me. I was just happy to tie with sig made entirely with brushes and a contrast adjustments.

Are both sentences talking about the new topic being made and who is to make it? Are both sentences talking about something different? Or is one sentence talking about one thing, and the second sentence talking about another?

Because I interpretted your message as saying, "it doesn't matter to me who makes the new topic, [first sentence] as long as my name is put as a winner who tied first place with a sig made with brushes and adjustments. [second sentence]"

But I also acknowledged that you could be talking about two completely different ideas, one sentence concerning the making of a new topic and other simply as a comment that you're happy you won a SOTW.[/quote]

Two separate sentences.

Or basically this. I don't care what happens. It was my first SOTW. Do as you please.
Vasco Posted: 07:44 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2792978
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Either Vee or Layne; I approve both.

Now, considering what we discussed the other day, shall I merge the Sharing Thread with the Tutorials Magazine? We have 8 pinned topics as of now, it's a bit too much.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Layne. Posted: 08:26 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2792993
Layne.
+
Mmm, yeah I'd say so, up to other mods too though. In all honesty the new pinned thread just made that extra bit too many.

Also, looks like i'd be making the topic then, despite not being able to do SOTW.

Nicooooole<3
v-gamer Posted: 13:52 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793086
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
I don't understand what you mean by not being able to do SOTW... You said you'd be able to do it a couple hours earlier, which is fine with me. But did I miss something that is preventing you from doing SOTW?

The only thing preventing me from making the new topic is my activity in the future... I can only promise what can be expected from me for 2010; I'm not sure what my activity will be like in 2011.

Vasco: Sounds good. I think you should make the first post contain the list of tutorials, and then make a second post regarding the Sharing of artwork. In the first post, introduce the topic as containing both tutorials (EITHER MADE BY YOU OR GIVEN POSTING RIGHTS BY THE TUT MAKER TO YOU TO POST ON OTHER SITES) and artwork... blah blah blah, I'm sure you were probably going to do this, anyhow.

Thank you, Vasco <3
Green_Fire Posted: 17:57 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793213
Green_Fire
+
I feel so left behind, after coming back from my hiatus. Everyone is better than me now. ;-;

And I can't find any good renders to work with D:

Signature by me
Layne. Posted: 19:15 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793256
Layne.
+
Well Vee I never actually heard anyone say, 'that is fine'. In which case I will be able to make SOTW, and the topic.x)

Just a quick question before I go ahead and do it, though. Do I keep all the dA links? Plus, would you like me to link the person that came first in every SOTW to the entry that won?

Also, Tyler with the renders, omg I know. >_<

« Last edited by Layne. on Jan 26th 2010 »

Nicooooole<3
Green_Fire Posted: 19:34 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793265
Green_Fire
+
Haha, just found an awesome Samus render and made this for SoTW:

Mostly cool lighting effects and such but there's a couple other things in there.

Signature by me
Layne. Posted: 20:05 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793283
Layne.
+
Not a large fan of the right side, nor the colours. Also just the atmosphere of the tag really doesn't capture me. I'm sorry, but i'm just not feeling this one, Tyler. You've done alot better. :(

Oh and:

I have five versions when it comes to the colour.

Nicooooole<3
Green_Fire Posted: 20:09 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793285
Green_Fire
+
Hmm, well I was kinda workin with what I have (not a lot) but I could do better.

Layne, do you have brushes that you use for effects? I would guess yeah, I need to go find some like yours...

I also wish I could pentool like you or Bex cos my pentooling sucks.

Signature by me
Layne. Posted: 20:16 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793291
Layne.
+
Well, which effects, exactly? Also, half the background isn't pentooling, it's c4d spam with a gradient clipping mask. x)

Nicooooole<3
Green_Fire Posted: 20:26 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793293
Green_Fire
+
I mean like the little circles and lines and junk.

I had meant pentooling as in your current and some of your experimenting tags.
New tag looks cool, sparklies are cool, "F" is kinda hard to see tho.
Why is there light in the top right?

Signature by me
Layne. Posted: 20:38 Jan26 2010 Post ID: 2793295
Layne.
+
The lines and circlies? No, I don't use brushes for them. Only for the sparks.

Also, do you mean top left?

Editz:

Tried some new smudging. Eh.

« Last edited by Layne. on Jan 27th 2010 »

Nicooooole<3
Vasco Posted: 07:51 Jan27 2010 Post ID: 2793414
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Niiiiiece. The composition still needs work, but I suppose that's something that comes with experience.

Vee, will do. But yes, I was already planning to do so.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Layne. Posted: 08:11 Jan27 2010 Post ID: 2793424
Layne.
+
My compo's always somewhat off. T_T

Thanks for doing the topic, Vasco. Clears it out a little. Smile

Thoughts on whether or not I should keep the dA links/Linking to the winning entry, when I make the new discussion topic?

Nicooooole<3
Displaying Page 133 of 134
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 131 | 132 | 133 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 595387

Post Top
Click to close