Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Forever expanding universe?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

pwnthemonkeys Posted: 14:09 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675554
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
Post Likes: 5
+
There are theories that the universe is forever expanding,while other theories say that it is slowly pulling it self in (cant think of a good word for it) to the point that explodes to it's maximum expansion and then pull it self in to repeat the cycle.The question is which theory is true?
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
super craig Posted: 14:22 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675559
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 15-Jul-2009 pwnthemonkeys said:There are theories that the universe is forever expanding,while other theories say that it is slowly pulling it self in (cant think of a good word for it) to the point that explodes to it's maximum expansion and then pull it self in to repeat the cycle.The question is which theory is true?
The one where everything doesn't get destroyed would be best Smile

I don't think that they are seperate theroies, more they are all from the same theory but are just different outcomes. The theory is all to do with the mass of the universe, I'm afraid I can't remember the specifics so this might be the wrong way round but if there is 'too much' mass it keeps expanding, or it might just stop at a certain size and if not enough mass the universe will implode.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Krow. Posted: 23:47 Jul19 2009 Post ID: 2680363
Krow.
Post Likes: 0
+
I'm pretty sure that they've proved that the universe is expanding. Is it contracting as well? Who knows? I don't see what would cause it to do so.

Run on, girl, run on.
Check out my deviantArt!

Prod1gy X Posted: 23:10 Jul21 2009 Post ID: 2682488
Prod1gy X
+
I think the world will never change of increase or decrease.I mean space was nothing but an endless amount of lacking air.As for the increase?I doubt it since scientists couldn't even predict how long space was from the beginning.

« Last edited by Prod1gy X on Jul 21st 2009 »

[center][center]
[b][color=black]MSN: [email protected][/b]

If you cant read it you are blind Speak to the hand
atroxletum Posted: 12:26 Jul25 2009 Post ID: 2687251
atroxletum
+
The idea of an ever expanding universe is based on the theory that since the universe can't be infinite in space, it keeps growing at an incomprehensible speed.
Truly, I think the universe would have to be ever expanding for exactly that reason.

^by me | msn: bp_armour[at]hotmail.com

Swampert_King456 Posted: 06:30 Jul28 2009 Post ID: 2690362
Swampert_King456
+
This theory is based on the "Rubber-band theory" in which the universe expands for billions, upon billions, upon billions of years, and then slowly collapses in a similar way. It's all just nonsense, when you think about it. There's no possible way we can figure any of this out in our life time, so what's the point of even trying to think about it?

Regardless, that's how it works, and that's how the Universe ends.
It collapses, and then there's nothing.

That's your theory, right there.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close