Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Drinking age limit changed to 18?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Brandon 2006 Posted: 00:38 Nov03 2009 Post ID: 2759794
Brandon 2006
Post Likes: 0
+
On 07-Oct-2009 Ichigo Kurosaki said:Increasing the minimum penalties WILL work as long as the courts have no discretion. THAT'S the problem.
It won't work because people don't think about the penalties when they are drinking really. It's all about right now when your drunk. Harsher penalties won't do anything.

^Created by Austinanymous

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
super craig Posted: 08:11 Nov03 2009 Post ID: 2759852
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 03-Nov-2009 Brandon 2006 said:It won't work because people don't think about the penalties when they are drinking really. It's all about right now when your drunk. Harsher penalties won't do anything.
Exactly and no-one does it expecting to be caught, thats why people still murder even though there is the death penalty and the murder rates are the same as those places that don't. You need to get to the heart of the problem and that is with people abusing alcohol in the first place, if you can stop it there then you can deal with the problems before they occur, regardless of the penalities if someone does it and kills someone then that person is still dead regardless of the punishment but if you can stop it earlier then no-one has to suffer.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

MenaceSG Posted: 14:31 Nov04 2009 Post ID: 2760360
MenaceSG
Post Likes: 3
+
On 03-Nov-2009 super craig said:Exactly and no-one does it expecting to be caught, thats why people still murder even though there is the death penalty and the murder rates are the same as those places that don't. You need to get to the heart of the problem and that is with people abusing alcohol in the first place, if you can stop it there then you can deal with the problems before they occur, regardless of the penalities if someone does it and kills someone then that person is still dead regardless of the punishment but if you can stop it earlier then no-one has to suffer.
That's what I was saying. You should crack down on it before it comes to a worse case scenario. Why let it happen and punish him after he does something when you can stop it from happening altogether?

"I gotcha baby girl.."
know-your-role Posted: 14:31 Nov05 2009 Post ID: 2760751
know-your-role
+
Here in the UK, the legal age is 18... Unless I'm behind?

My thoughts are that the age limit should be 21. When people start becoming more mature they deserve a drink, if you let 18 year olds go out boozing they'd be drunk most of the time so let's keep it to a more mature age.
E-bro: Jakethesnake14
SomeWhere Posted: 03:38 Nov14 2009 Post ID: 2763888
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
In sweden, we can drink light beer(under 1 or maybe even more)when we're 15.However, kids still get drunk on this. I think we should have 18 on all alcohol, and have more strict laws on what to do/what not to do. I think i know more than 10 people that drink that's around my age. And this isn't good...
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
MenaceSG Posted: 14:35 Nov19 2009 Post ID: 2765718
MenaceSG
Post Likes: 3
+
On 14-Nov-2009 SomeWhere said:In sweden, we can drink light beer(under 1 or maybe even more)when we're 15.However, kids still get drunk on this. I think we should have 18 on all alcohol, and have more strict laws on what to do/what not to do. I think i know more than 10 people that drink that's around my age. And this isn't good...
Wow, that is interesting that at 15 you already have children drinking

"I gotcha baby girl.."
Ichigo Kurosaki Posted: 14:08 Nov22 2009 Post ID: 2766993
Ichigo Kurosaki
+
Until the modern era, children routinely drank beer and wine. It was safer than drinking local water...
pwnthemonkeys Posted: 04:40 Nov23 2009 Post ID: 2767197
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
+
On 22-Nov-2009 Ichigo Kurosaki said:Until the modern era, children routinely drank beer and wine. It was safer than drinking local water...
That's because the water wasn't boiled and no one knew that if you boiled water it makes it clean of most bacteria.
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
Brandon 2006 Posted: 20:09 Nov23 2009 Post ID: 2767460
Brandon 2006
+
On 19-Nov-2009 MenaceSG said:Wow, that is interesting that at 15 you already have children drinking
That's the norm pretty much for North America. I myself started drinking when I was 17, but I know kids that drink today and are only 13.

As long as you aren't driving its fine. Drinking is an awesome way to have a fun time.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
SomeWhere Posted: 07:52 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773293
SomeWhere
+
And drinknig damages your body. So how much better is it to drink when not driving?not a lot i would say.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
super craig Posted: 09:30 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773302
super craig
+
Its true that too much drink too often can cause some serious problems and is a risk factor in a quite a few of the big killers but there is also evidence that small amounts actually protect us from certain diseases, a glass of wine every now and then for example is supposed to reduce the risk of developing certain cardiac problems.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

SomeWhere Posted: 03:44 Dec12 2009 Post ID: 2773591
SomeWhere
+
Agreed. A small drink can't hurt once in a while, but you have to control the alcohol. If not, then you can easily go into a addiction.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
Team SuperCheats Posted: 07:00 Dec12 2009 Post ID: 2773610
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
I think it age limit would be better at 18 - but people should be educated better abuse abuse of alcolohol - The UK, whose limit is 18 has many problems with under age drinkers and binge drinkers - it is part of the popular culture of UK teenagers.

In Spain, alcohol is widely available (at McDonalds for example) but the problems inherent in the UK do not seem apparent here.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
wolfy1337 Posted: 22:49 Dec18 2009 Post ID: 2776211
wolfy1337
+
Up here in Canada the legal age is 18. Lots of people do drink under it, which I find to be pathetic. However, there is a little legal loophole that says minors are allowed to drink if in their own home, with parental permission and supervision. Personally, I find most alcoholic drinks taste terrible, unless you mix them. I am underage but don't drink. I just have a sip of someone else's every now and then. I think that that will actually prevent me from drinking in the future.

I don't really give a bugger what they do with the legal drinking age, it won't change anything substantially.
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."

"An appeaser is someone who feeds a crocodile, hoping he'll be eaten last"
Winston Churchill

"It is better to look forward and prepare than to look back and regret"
Jacker Joyner-Kersee

Click to make my city grow!
http://wheat-city.myminicity.com/
Brandon 2006 Posted: 20:46 Dec20 2009 Post ID: 2776969
Brandon 2006
+
On 18-Dec-2009 wolfy1337 said:Up here in Canada the legal age is 18. Lots of people do drink under it, which I find to be pathetic. However, there is a little legal loophole that says minors are allowed to drink if in their own home, with parental permission and supervision. Personally, I find most alcoholic drinks taste terrible, unless you mix them. I am underage but don't drink. I just have a sip of someone else's every now and then. I think that that will actually prevent me from drinking in the future.

I don't really give a bugger what they do with the legal drinking age, it won't change anything substantially.
Canada is 19 exctept for a few province like Quebec who have the legal age at 18. About every kid I know has had an underage drink, there's nothing really wrong with it. Drinking is just a good time.

[email protected]
^add me on msn
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close