Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

School, Where do you draw the line?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
bowow Posted: 20:31 Mar01 2010 Post ID: 2809109
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
i think the teachers make it worse, i got caught chewing gum then apparntly i was talking when i got moved for chewing gum and i was sitting next to nobody hello mr wall hows your day been, so i got a detention

but before in my primary school my class made a teacher leave the school cause we were that naughty

before i swore at a teacher he said that he will warn me and he will not tell my mum and then he goes tell my mum idiots

there just for you

« Last edited by bowow on Mar 2nd 2010 »

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Patriot X Posted: 21:56 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809657
Patriot X
Post Likes: 0
+
Could you please break upyour one long sentence. I'm sorry but i could not understand a single word.

rate_me Posted: 19:51 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816304
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
bowow, that is the exact post you made at the top of this page. Don't do that. If you want to bump the topic, contribute something new. Post deleted.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Patriot X Posted: 20:38 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816323
Patriot X
+
I didn't see his post but I think that he was trying to rewrite his sentence so that I could read it.

sphynxx Posted: 21:05 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816338
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Some schools do take it too far.

I've been suspended because a student got all worked up & attacked someone else (me) before the teacher had walked in for the first class of the day (we were all in the classroom before school had techinically started to keep warm & dry as it was raining heavily)

My mate & I were sitting on our desks talking, when this guy three desks behind us gets up, throws his chair across the room & runs up to me & tries to strangle me - obviously I wouldn't let myself get strangled - & I managed to throw him off him - he didn't hit a desk or chair or anything.

Teacher walks in - to her credit, she asks everyone to settle down, made sure the other kid was restrained & she proceeded to ask the class what had happened - asking each student what had happened - all told the truth, that myself & my friend were simply talking quitely (for a change) & this guy just goes nuts, threw a chair, tried to strangle me & I threw him off.

Teacher writes up the report, gives it to me, and helps me take the other student to the principle - the principle reads it - thanks the teacher, tells her she can go - not 2 minutes after she's left, the principle proceeds to tell me that I get a 1 week suspension for fighting & the guy that strangled me gets NOTHING because he's 'mentally ill'

« Last edited by sphynxx on Mar 18th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
rate_me Posted: 21:24 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816345
rate_me
+
Patriot X said:I didn't see his post but I think that he was trying to rewrite his sentence so that I could read it.

No, it was word for word the same as the original.

sphynxx said:Teacher writes up the report, gives it to me, and helps me take the other student to the principle - the principle reads it - thanks the teacher, tells her she can go - not 2 minutes after she's left, the principle proceeds to tell me that I get a 1 week suspension for fighting & the guy that strangled me gets NOTHING because he's 'mentally ill'

If he was, I don't think that he could help himself, since by your account it was unprovoked. However, I do wonder why he was in a regular class if he was violently mentally unstable.

« Last edited by rate_me on Mar 18th 2010 »

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 21:25 Mar18 2010 Post ID: 2816347
darkraiarceus911
+
sphynxx said:Some schools do take it too far.

I've been suspended because a student got all worked up & attacked someone else (me) before the teacher had walked in for the first class of the day (we were all in the classroom before school had techinically started to keep warm & dry as it was raining heavily)

My mate & I were sitting on our desks talking, when this guy three desks behind us gets up, throws his chair across the room & runs up to me & tries to strangle me - obviously I wouldn't let myself get strangled - & I managed to throw him off him - he didn't hit a desk or chair or anything.

Teacher walks in - to her credit, she asks everyone to settle down, made sure the other kid was restrained & she proceeded to ask the class what had happened - asking each student what had happened - all told the truth, that myself & my friend were simply talking quitely (for a change) & this guy just goes nuts, threw a chair, tried to strangle me & I threw him off.

Teacher writes up the report, gives it to me, and helps me take the other student to the principle - the principle reads it - thanks the teacher, tells her she can go - not 2 minutes after she's left, the principle proceeds to tell me that I get a 1 week suspension for fighting & the guy that strangled me gets NOTHING because he's 'mentally ill'

That`s ridiculous, self defense is a right, people don`t go to jail for killing their assailant. You could bring that to court and easily win, but it might not be worth it. Besides, whats a mentally ill, potentially dangerous, kid doing in a normal school anyway?

bowow Posted: 08:42 Mar19 2010 Post ID: 2816453
bowow
The Lizard King
+
rate_me said:bowow, that is the exact post you made at the top of this page. Don't do that. If you want to bump the topic, contribute something new. Post deleted.

I left it for 2 weeks and he had'nt seen it so i was trying to make him see it, sorry anyway i did'nt know.

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
sphynxx Posted: 01:56 Mar20 2010 Post ID: 2816791
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
darkraiarceus911 said:
sphynxx said:Some schools do take it too far.

That`s ridiculous, self defense is a right, people don`t go to jail for killing their assailant. You could bring that to court and easily win, but it might not be worth it. Besides, whats a mentally ill, potentially dangerous, kid doing in a normal school anyway?

Well it was 7 years ago - So I wont be taking it to court lol - besides I was twice the size of the kid then anyway - if he hadn't have caught me by suprise, he wouldn't have gotten his hands anywhere near me..

rate_me said:If he was, I don't think that he could help himself, since by your account it was unprovoked. However, I do wonder why he was in a regular class if he was violently mentally unstable.

Well he wasn't an 'unstable' person. Don't confuse 'mentally ill' with 'mentally unstable'

The term 'mentally ill' is applied to people with Clinical Depression, Bi-polar, low-level scitzophrenia etc - Normally, when a person is diagnosed with a fairly 'low-level' mental illness (meaning they're not a major risk to other people - generally themselves) they're encouraged to interact with the mainstream kids - to help lessen the negative effects being label as 'mentally ill' can have on a child. My best mate is 'mentally ill.' He was diagnosed with Clinical Depression - but he isn't a risk, and had never persented a risk to others.

Only those that have shown previous instances where they would be deemed 'unstable' & potentionally pose a risk to other students are kept out of mainstream schools & placed into schools equipted to handle those kinds of students.

The guy that had attacked me, was as far as everyone in school was concerned up to that point, perfectly normal. No students except for his closest friends knew of his diagnosis - as its their right to choosen if/when they tell people here in New Zealand.

the problem I had with the decision, was that the prinicple (who once suspended me for visiting my g/f at the time who had cancer & had been put into hospital because of her abusive father) appeared to be more concerned with his public image & not wanting to be 'condemned' for suspending a mentally ill child incase people thought he was using the mentally ill student as a scapegoat..

« Last edited by sphynxx on Mar 20th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
bowow Posted: 02:09 Mar20 2010 Post ID: 2816793
bowow
The Lizard King
+
Thats all headteachers think about there reputation, but for most of them it could'nt get any worse.

nightmare2 Posted: 14:47 Apr05 2010 Post ID: 2824651
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
well most of what i have read hasn't been bad at all.

To elaborate. i suck at homework and school work in general. im not good with the whole hand it in one time thing. so after last year of almost failling out do to that. now everytime i don't hand in an assignment they tell my parents. i've gotten better i only miss one or two assignments a month.

now besides that i've made a reputation of being hated by teachers. My fault entirely. but now everytime something bad happens i get in trouble. no matter what. now i would understand if they expected i did it and asked me, but no. teachers have an issue with thinking they know exactly who did it based on things in the past.

But so far the school hasn't really gone to far. of course their lack of finding who really did could be considered, but i don't think so.

Now this is where they did croos the line. 3rd month of school this year. i will tell you and ask what you think on this situation.

So we had a new kid in the year, really rich kid. and he was annoying. he would listen to our conversations and everytime we said any bad word such as f@ggot and curse words he would report them. he got alot of kids detentions. So during homeroom me and my friend were talking, when he came over and tried to listen. we kept moving but he wouldn't leave, the teacher got mad at me and my friend for moving around. So we stopped talking and the kid either got bored or angry. So he lied to the teacher and got my friend 5 saturday detentions.

My friend called him some names and the kid snapped, not my friend. my friend got punched in the face and kicked in a painful place. i then kinda beat the crap out of the kid. don't know why but kinda had enough of the kid. and i nearly got expelled. suspended 3 weeks. would've only been two weeks but the kids parents sued the school for some dumb reason.

Now i think that the school should've protected me or something. they didn't, they went as far as to give my friend a two week suspention though.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
YoSoyJu Posted: 15:58 Apr05 2010 Post ID: 2824680
YoSoyJu
+
nightmare2 said:well most of what i have read hasn't been bad at all.

To elaborate. i suck at homework and school work in general. im not good with the whole hand it in one time thing. so after last year of almost failling out do to that. now everytime i don't hand in an assignment they tell my parents. i've gotten better i only miss one or two assignments a month.

now besides that i've made a reputation of being hated by teachers. My fault entirely. but now everytime something bad happens i get in trouble. no matter what. now i would understand if they expected i did it and asked me, but no. teachers have an issue with thinking they know exactly who did it based on things in the past.

But so far the school hasn't really gone to far. of course their lack of finding who really did could be considered, but i don't think so.

Now this is where they did croos the line. 3rd month of school this year. i will tell you and ask what you think on this situation.

So we had a new kid in the year, really rich kid. and he was annoying. he would listen to our conversations and everytime we said any bad word such as f@ggot and curse words he would report them. he got alot of kids detentions. So during homeroom me and my friend were talking, when he came over and tried to listen. we kept moving but he wouldn't leave, the teacher got mad at me and my friend for moving around. So we stopped talking and the kid either got bored or angry. So he lied to the teacher and got my friend 5 saturday detentions.

My friend called him some names and the kid snapped, not my friend. my friend got punched in the face and kicked in a painful place. i then kinda beat the crap out of the kid. don't know why but kinda had enough of the kid. and i nearly got expelled. suspended 3 weeks. would've only been two weeks but the kids parents sued the school for some dumb reason.

Now i think that the school should've protected me or something. they didn't, they went as far as to give my friend a two week suspention though.

Given this scenario, I think they did everything correctly. The only argument I could see would be your friend getting suspended if he never threw a punch. But you assaulted a kid who did not provoke you. You could have just pulled him off or better yet, gotten help from a school official. But you beat up a kid, and I think you're lucky you didn't get suspended.
super craig Posted: 13:35 Apr06 2010 Post ID: 2825149
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
Think I'd have to agree with YoSoyJu on this one, if it had been you that the kid had started punching then by all means when you retaliated in self defence that should be taken into consideration, however since you weren't the one on the inital recieving end and you didn't just break up the fight but rather ended it by beating the kid up, the school would have had no choice but to punish you. It sounds as those the kid who originally started it pretty much got let off which of course he shouldn't have done either but if you had merely broke up the fight the other kid would be in much more trouble as he couldn't play the victim and would more than likely have ended up being the one punished.

You friend shouldn't have been punished though as he wasn't actually fighting so to speak.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Alt Posted: 13:53 Apr06 2010 Post ID: 2825151
Alt
+
My school was pretty fair when it came to rules. I never suffered a detention or suspension (or any punishment, to be fair) and really none of my friends did either. I can't remember any stupid rules off the top of my head (been a year since I graduated) other than getting an ISS for having a cellphone out, but it's expected in a public school. Most of the kids in the school weren't too insane either. It really depends on where the school is situated and what the quality of the environment around the school is. It's expected to have trashy rules if you're taking school in the city or something.

« Last edited by Alt on Apr 6th 2010 »
Ron / RJ Fighter -- Retired Super Mod and Graphic Designer

Steam | Website | Youtube
bowow Posted: 06:03 Apr08 2010 Post ID: 2826136
bowow
The Lizard King
+
YoSoyJu said:
nightmare2 said:well most of what i have read hasn't been bad at all.

Given this scenario, I think they did everything correctly. The only argument I could see would be your friend getting suspended if he never threw a punch. But you assaulted a kid who did not provoke you. You could have just pulled him off or better yet, gotten help from a school official. But you beat up a kid, and I think you're lucky you didn't get suspended.

If my school ever suspended me for hitting someone it would just make matters worse, because the person i would get suspended for hitting only lives next door to me. He even avoids walking the same way as me from school, and thats without even saying that i want hit him.

Patriot X Posted: 21:17 Apr08 2010 Post ID: 2826503
Patriot X
+
Wait a second there. Are you saying that he feels so threatened by you that he even walks away from you to get to school. That sounds like bullying to me.

I am not sure but does anyone know if there are any laws that oversee harrassment like that? Some laws are just to keep tyrants away from other people.

bowow Posted: 00:57 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2826546
bowow
The Lizard King
+
I've never said a word to make him afraid.

Any way we have history.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 04:30 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2826608
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
I remember one time very clearly in grade 3 cause i made one of my worst enemies.

It all began when me and my friends(there was for of us so we'll put it like this

person A = Me
person B = My friend
person C = Other guy 1
Person D = Other Guy 2)

so B and D got into a fight which i broke up. The teachers took us to the class and asked what happened.I said B and D got into a fight and i broke it up.(so far A and B had a detention)The teacher asked C and he said i started puching D.So i got a second detention.Afterwards A asked C why he lied and C said i didnt.Now this ****** A off(they were playing football at this moment)and then A clotheslined C.After C hit A in the privates and ran.Later A kneed C in the head.And then school ended for that year and C moved to a different school.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

YoSoyJu Posted: 12:24 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2826753
YoSoyJu
+
ShadowStriker64 said:I remember one time very clearly in grade 3 cause i made one of my worst enemies.

It all began when me and my friends(there was for of us so we'll put it like this

person A = Me
person B = My friend
person C = Other guy 1
Person D = Other Guy 2)

so B and D got into a fight which i broke up. The teachers took us to the class and asked what happened.I said B and D got into a fight and i broke it up.(so far A and B had a detention)The teacher asked C and he said i started puching D.So i got a second detention.Afterwards A asked C why he lied and C said i didnt.Now this ****** A off(they were playing football at this moment)and then A clotheslined C.After C hit A in the privates and ran.Later A kneed C in the head.And then school ended for that year and C moved to a different school.

A sounds like a real A in this scenario.
rate_me Posted: 12:56 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2826768
rate_me
+
I'm starting to feel like this discussion has gotten a bit off track towards people just talking about how strict their school is or how they unfairly got punished. In order to make this thread more of an actual debate, I'd like to shift to the topic to something along the lines of "What rights do schools have, both public and private, in regards to discipline, policy, admission (i.e. admitting minorities before other potential students, taking into account legacy, etc.), and what rights students are entitled to be allowed to do or should not be allowed to do.

To start us off in this new direction, what do you think about students facing disciplinary repercussions from inappropriate comments about school faculty, staff, and the school itself on social networking sites such as facebook. My position is that if a student is in a facebook group for students of the school, then he or she has no right to criticize the school or its staff members online because in that case the student is supposed to be representing the school responsibly.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close