Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

What anim� are you watching right now?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 13 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
Espada Vampiro Posted: 07:27 Sep23 2011 Post ID: 3063921
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
Post Likes: 1
+
Just watched the entire thing of Elfen Lied, Man, a lot of major FanService, but that's overshadowed by all that gore I guess ._. .

Also got up to episode 87 of Fairy Tail, and I am liking this Edolas arc XD.

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Current Obsession: Disgaea 4.......And Hii-chan X3.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 16:23 Sep23 2011 Post ID: 3063986
Cervantes De Leon
Post Likes: 0
+
Espada Vampiro said:Just watched the entire thing of Elfen Lied, Man, a lot of major FanService, but that's overshadowed by all that gore I guess ._. .

On episode 4 of Elfin Lied. It's a case of when Lucy is Lucy, the show gets really dark, tense and interesting, though when Lucy is 'Nyu', it can get really boring.

The past week had the finales for both Steins;Gate and Usagi Drop.
Usagi Drop: Utterly charming from start to finish. The development between Daikichi and Rin (and the supporting characters) is what pulls this show along fantastically. Pure heartwarming anime...and Rin is just freaking adorable!
Steins;Gate: I want to say more about this show*, but I also enjoyed this so much that I don't want to spoil it. Fantastic show that takes time travel theories to mind screw levels that would make The Doctor take notice.

Started a fifth of the Summer 2011 anime season, Kami-sama no Memo-chou (translates roughly to God's handbook). It's an odd, but interesting, mix of CSI with moe/fanservice moments. Just watched episode 11 of Blood-C too...

*Spoiler:
click to reveal

« Last edited by Cervantes De Leon on Sep 23rd 2011 »

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Vasco Posted: 07:20 Sep24 2011 Post ID: 3064099
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Episode 25 of Hanasaku Iroha. Patiently waiting for the final episode to come out (should be tomorrow), but I've loved the show so far. Also watched Black Rock Shooter, which was incredibly disappointing. The plot is, well, too simple. It's very straightforward, but you get no explanation as to what's going or why it's going on. The animation side of it is very well done, but that's about it. I read, after watching it, that's supposed to be based on a music-video, but I honestly can't remember a single song that was in it.

Oh, also started Steins;Gate (episode 3 at the moment). Not really sure what to think yet. El Psy Congroo?

I've been in the mood for movies lately, haven't watched much anime. Or, was. After The Human Centipede, I think I'm good for a while.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Espada Vampiro Posted: 07:15 Sep30 2011 Post ID: 3065554
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
FINALLY caught up to Fairy Tail at episode 98 (99 tomorrow I guess), I'm now wondering if Mira is REALLY gonna fight or will she go down easy by fighting easy.....

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Current Obsession: Disgaea 4.......And Hii-chan X3.
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 16:07 Oct01 2011 Post ID: 3065804
Cervantes De Leon
+
A trio of finished animes for me this past week.

Nichijou
One of the funniest shows I have ever seen, only sporting one or two episodes that can be considered duds (usually ones that are light on main character Yuuko). The animation is bright and colourful, the characters are both likable and relatable, the soundtrack goes along with the show perfectly and it takes the concept of 'My Oridnary Life' and takes it such brilliantly over the top levels that it's a joy to watch.

Blood-C
A twelve episode show that pretty much wasted half of its time with very little, then tried to deliver everything within the second half of the show. It's dark when it's actually doing something (dark to the point of large censor use for the sheer level of the violence in some episodes), but when it's mulling about, it get quite boring rather quickly.
That ending though...
The penultimate episode is nothing but one large WHAM, the final episode is essentially one huge pay-off for sitting through the boring aspects of the show, answering a large amount of the stuff the show presents, providing the most violent moments in recent anime (going pretty far over the top in some cases) and providing a sequel hook to the upcoming movie, which will hopefully be a huge improvement.

Spice and Wolf II
A case of if you enjoyed the first season, you will enjoy the second season too. The second story arc (volume 4, in terms of the light novel) does provide some of the main duo's strongest character moments, an intriguing plot, a natural evolution in the banter between Lawrence and Holo; and the most interesting character outside of the main ones. I just hope that this eventually gets a third season; there is a slight cliffhanger feel to the ending to follow in to volume 5 6, the series skipped the fourth novel.

Quick question for you all. Is there any shows airing this season that you will be watching?

« Last edited by Cervantes De Leon on Oct 26th 2011 »

By ozzo

nightmare2 Posted: 17:43 Oct01 2011 Post ID: 3065842
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Watching Bleach, episode 3. Not so exciting right now but I may as well be nice and at least watch a little more.

Also Decided to watch Fairy Tail Again, got some catching up to do gonna skip the edolas arc though so it won't take long. I am liking that the anime is fairly close to the manga so I know it should get really interesting soon.

Also finished Eden of the East finally.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
MasterOfHack-Fu Posted: 19:15 Oct01 2011 Post ID: 3065850
MasterOfHack-F
u
+
watcheed the episode scraggy-hatched to be wild, of pokemon.
have no idea what any of the anime shows you ppl watch execpt for Bleach- i've heard of that before
Team Supercheats said: balls removed, thanks for the suggestion.

... Hmmm sounds kinda weird when I read that back -

I don't know why but this made meh day xD
Vasco Posted: 08:47 Oct02 2011 Post ID: 3065944
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Cervantes De Leon said:Quick question for you all. Is there any shows airing this season that you will be watching?

I plan on watching Chihayafuru, Guilty Crown, Maken-Ki!, Bakuman II, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Hunter x Hunter (remake). Also considering Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon and any others that get good reviews. Fairly sure I'll only finish half of them at best, though.

What about you?

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 12:58 Oct02 2011 Post ID: 3065971
Cervantes De
Leon
+
Working!! season 2, Ben-To, Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai (translates as 'I Don't Have Many Friends') and C^3 (C cubed, Cube X Cursed X Curious, CxCxC, C3, however you want to call it). I've also just started watching Squid Girl season 1, so I'll probably be getting to season 2 after that's done.

A bit of a comedy filled season for me. Might be the perfect time to give Evangellion a shot...

By ozzo

Vasco Posted: 14:00 Oct02 2011 Post ID: 3065990
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
I finished watching the first season of Shinryaku! Ika Musume / Squid Girl a couple months ago, but I didn't end up a big fan. I did like the character and the chibis, but I don't think I'll be watching the second season.

If you do start Evangelion, give me a shout so I can start it at the same time. It's one of those animes that has been on my "To Watch" list for too long.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 19:09 Oct12 2011 Post ID: 3068331
Cervantes De
Leon
+
Give me a week or so to get a proper feel for the shows of this season, then I'll take you up on Evangellion.
Speaking of, first episode opinions.

Working'!!
Simply put, if you enjoyed season 1, you'll enjoy season 2. Good start, though I was sort of expecting them to include the character they introduced in the last episode of the first season more this time, but there's plenty of time for that.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
No points for originality (main character feels like Ryuuji from Toradora, episode premise pretty much ripped from Haruhi, ED copies the music video style that K-On! laid down), but it does look like it could be pretty funny as it goes on.

CxCxC
Genuinely considering dropping this already. The show's premise is pretty much served up to you within five minutes of the episode starting (but before that, we have a full, conveniantly censored nude shot...within 2 minutes!). I normally don't have issues with blatant fanservice (Highschool of the Dead, great series), but some things need to be taken slowly. This felt both boring and rushed at the same time.

Ben-To
This may be my favourite of the season for the sheer randomness of the premise alone: daily fights for discounted bento lunch boxes. Already quite funny and some nice animation when said fights happen, so this is one to watch.
Also, seems that the people behind this have a slight thigh fetish, going by the amount of 'female-character's-upper-legs-as-they're-walking-away' shots we get.

By ozzo

Vasco Posted: 08:42 Oct13 2011 Post ID: 3068400
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Haven't actually started any of the new series yet. College started and caught me completely by surprise, haven't had much time on my hands.

I did finish Steins;Gate, though. Brilliant concept and absolutely fantastic characters, really enjoyed it. Okabe, Kurisu, Mayuri ("Tuturuu" is the catchiest thing I've ever heard in an anime) and even Hashida are all unique enough to grow outside their generic models and become characters that deserve to be remembered. I wasn't a big fan of the ending, though. Actually, I'll rephrase it: I did like the ending, I just didn't like the way it was set up. He spends three weeks trying to undo the past and then realizes it's that simple? Eh, it just felt forced. Would have loved to see the "happy ending" included in the original arc.

Also, started Bakemonogatari last night. A bit confusing, but very enjoyable. The artwork is, in general, extremely nice and above most shows, so I don't understand why the main character's design changes every other minute (starting to think it's not accidental, but eh).

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
sk8rboy Posted: 18:14 Oct13 2011 Post ID: 3068475
sk8rboy
SC's favorite otaku gamer
+
Well, right at this moment, I'm watching Baka & Test. Only a couple episodes in and can't stop laughing XD
May make random appearances every-so-often. Trying to officially return...

POKEMON BLACK FRIEND CODE: 1249-2602-6566
POKEMON BLACK2 FRIEND CODE: 1679-1583-9820
POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 3308-5051-2299
Jirachi X Posted: 23:14 Oct21 2011 Post ID: 3070411
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
Currently juggling Black Lagoon (ep 12), Tengan Toppa Gurrne Lagann (ep 8), and Cowboy Bebop (ep 8).

Why have I never bothered watching these before?
I'm gone - bye
Vasco Posted: 12:38 Oct24 2011 Post ID: 3070922
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Episode 9 of Bakemonogatari at the moment. Fantastic artwork in all areas, and an interesting concept, but I'm not too big on the "episode-by-episode" formula. I don't feel compelled - at all - to watch the next episode, though I do enjoy it once I finally decide to take a look.

Episode 2 of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Generic in every way, but definitely enjoyable. Fortunately, the characters are interesting and their design is solid enough to make the anime worth watching. Nothing special, but good fun. Two female characters = no real ending guaranteed, though.

Episode 2 of Ben-To. Ridiculous concept, but surprisingly well-executed. Really liked the first two episodes, hoping they don't suddenly decide to favor comedy and ecchi.

Probably giving Guilty Crown a shot later tonight.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
oO-Sonya-Oo Posted: 08:10 Nov10 2011 Post ID: 3075613
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
ATM I am rewatching a few different ones like Angel Beats. I need more to watch though, seeing I don't have many they catch my interest anymore due to watching so many different ones. Any suggestions? V.V
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 18:47 Nov10 2011 Post ID: 3075792
Cervantes De
Leon
+
Picked up Mirai Nikki (Future Diaries) as part of this season, which is proving to be really good after watching the first two episodes. Sort of like a mix between Death Note and Eden of the East, which is nothing to complain about.

I also just finished The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Good GOD that movie is amazing.

By ozzo

Vasco Posted: 11:47 Nov11 2011 Post ID: 3076137
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Hmm, let's see. Over the past two-three weeks:

• Finished Bakemonogatari. I loved this one, but, at the same time, I'm leaving a bit disappointed. Bakemonogatari stands out in all areas, but it's still not something I feel compelled to watch again. It's very good - but it could have easily been great.

• Started and finished Usagi Drop. Not really sure what to say about this one, but it was absolutely great and I loved it. After being told Chihayafuru is somewhat similar, I'm probably picking it up soon.

• Episode 5 of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Really enjoying this, surprisingly. I was expecting (and daring to hope) Kodaka's relation with Yozora would be further explored, but the new characters have proved this is going to be a typical harem. A good one, though, so I'm alright with it.

• Episode 5 of Ben-To. Suddenly, ecchi! Was not expecting such a sudden turn.

• Episode 4 of Guilty Crown. After such a nice opening song, I was expecting the official opening to be a bit... better. Not really sure why they decided to have Inori singing when her voice is ridiculously different. Oh well, anyhoo. The story doesn't sound particularly interesting, but the anime has been quite cool thus far.

• Episode 2 of Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!. Terrible. Probably dropping it.

• Episode 2 of Mayo Chiki!. Watching it 1-2 episode(s) a week with a friend. Nothing incredible, but I really enjoy the artwork. Konoe's voice is extremely disturbing.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
oO-Sonya-Oo Posted: 13:11 Nov11 2011 Post ID: 3076181
oO-Sonya-Oo
+
I just started watch Durarara! :p
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 16:32 Nov23 2011 Post ID: 3079458
Cervantes De
Leon
+
Good choice on Durarara! I take it you've already watched Baccano!?

While I wait for Evangelion episode 1 to load up (Vas, remember our agreement?), think I'll give a quick run-down on my mid-season opinions of the shows currently airing.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Still keeping itself funny with the addition of the rest of the cast have joined in, with the only real issue I have being Maria Takayama and a level of stupidity that is not only ironic for someone who claims to be an adult, but lower than that of what a 10-year old's intelligence really should be.
Also, after the 'forgotten childhood friend' revelation, I'm completely supporting Yozora on this one.

Ben-To

Boku wa has the fan-service, but Ben-To wins on sheer innuendo (happens when your show has a yaoi fanfic writer among the characters). It seems to be stepping up its game for how big a laugh it can get with every episode while still bringing about some kick-ass fight scenes, particuarly the one at the end of the first story arc (yes, there's a story behind the half-priced ben-to battles). Great show.

CubexCursedxCurious

I'll admit it, this show is improving.
The show seems to be going along at a faster pace with its story arcs than most other light novel adaptations (Most others: 1 arc in 6 eps. C^3 has done 2 in 7 eps.). It has its moments of being fairly good, usually when stuff gets serious or fights happen, but then it slips back in to the mind-numbing silliness and fanservice.
For those who think I'm being hypocritical here, the above 2 shows never really take themselves seriously; this one tries to. Episode 7 is a good example of this: starts off serious and really good, then the advert segway happens and you get the mood whiplash in to light-hearted, pointless territory.

Working!!'

Highly enjoyable. If you can take a running gag that's losing it's comedic effect and make it funny again while basically changing nothing, then you deserve some sort of award for it. Would have said that it seems to be changing absolutely nothing of the status quo (season 1 got character development throughout), but episode 7 looks to be the start of a change in that.

Mirai Nikki

Dark, twisted and incredibly good. This show really helps to point out the issue I have with C^3 by having the more light-hearted (but still holding dark undertones) instances as their own episodes, then slapping you back to the serious stuff by the end (C^3 almost does the opposite). The best way to describe this is Death Note meets Eden of the East; and both were good shows to begin with (hell, Eden's one of my favourites; just got Paradise Lost to watch, probably tomorrow).
Also, this.
Spoiler:
click to reveal

And now, to start the Evangelion mind-screw.

By ozzo

Displaying Page 13 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close