Your Account
    Log into your account here:
       Forgot Password

    Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

World Cup 2010

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 10 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Cataclysm Posted: 17:42 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867701
Cataclysm
AvatarMember
Posts: 6,403
Post Likes: 2
0
+


I do believe that this was the most important part of the match.

I have just arrived home from watching the game with some friends, and, as some of you may know, I live in Spain. Right now you can barely even hear yourself think thanks to the music and beeping cars. Spain did deserve their win as far as I can tell, and though Holland played fairly dirty (I believe) Spain did so also, at some points in the game.

Overall, however, it was a rather boring match. There weren't as many attempts as I would have liked, and even those made were not dangerously close. I have to admit that there were two points that I found myelf holding my breath for. These being the moments being those during which Holland, one on one with the keeper, managed to fail.

« Last edited by Cataclysm on Jul 11th 2010 »
Sig and avy by Jam Jar


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 02:35 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2867814
Sanzano
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,609
Post Likes: 76
0
+
That Sparta De Jong kick reminded me of Eric Cantanas attack on a fan watching the game from a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-WmfTIRUWY

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 04:01 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2867828
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,006
Post Likes: 3
0
+
That Sparta De Jong Kick is legendary.

Im sad Netherlands lost because my reverse psycology failed.Before the next world cup im hunting down and killing that octopus.


-Less Cringey Stuff here -



Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 05:24 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2867842
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,335
Post Likes: 33
0
+
Even though I don't believe for a second in a psychic octopus (or psychic powers whatsoever), I think they should stop its 'predictions'. Perhaps the reason so many are correct is because its demoralising the players of the to be losing side.

Well, Spain won fair and square. Fouls aside, it was quite a dull game. How Holland managed to keep 11 men for so long is beyond me, but despite the idiot media reporters going on about the Dutch fouling, Spain weren't much cleaner.

Glad to see Fabregas influenced the game a lot when he came on for Spain, almost scoring himself (something he would have done if he was on his stronger side) and setting up Iniesta's winning goal. Brings up the old question of "why the hell is he a substitute?", especially since he frustrated about his lack of game time, but then again, the less game time he has, the less likely he'll be to move to Barcelona this season, since all of Spain's midfielders are Barcelona's midfielders.

Robben was going for all the glory himself for Holland, and because of it he ended up ruining two great chances. Sneider was only on the pitch in name only, unable to really influence the game. Van Persie played pretty well considering he rarely saw the ball because it seemed nobody wanted to pass to him, for some reason.


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted: 16:33 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2868059
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,016
Post Likes: 43
0
+
What surprised me in this tournament is the poor showing of some of the Premier League's top strikers. Rooney, Drogba(even though he did play with broken arm), Torres, Van Persie. The only star striker from the EPL that performed well was Tevez.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ducky2 Posted: 17:09 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2868078
ducky2
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,329
Post Likes: 0
0
+
Volke said:Even though I don't believe for a second in a psychic octopus (or psychic powers whatsoever), I think they should stop its 'predictions'. Perhaps the reason so many are correct is because its demoralising the players of the to be losing side.


LOL, I don't think professional footballers are going to be paying much attention to what an octopus says. If anything, it would work as motivation to prove it wrong.

Spain were worthy winners in the end. They have controlled the tempo of every game they have featured, including the loss to Switzerland. The only area they have struggled in this world cup was in front of goal.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 02:13 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868284
Sanzano
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,609
Post Likes: 76
0
+
Spain play as a team, something England are not capable of doing with their current team. After watching Spain pass the ball about it makes you realise how disjointed and awkward England are.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 02:21 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868287
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,006
Post Likes: 3
0
+
Sanzano said:Spain play as a team, something England are not capable of doing with their current team. After watching Spain pass the ball about it makes you realise how disjointed and awkward England are.


Yea but Spain also has like the most passes and most passes completion rate in this world cup with like 2000 or more passes and like 81 complete.I cant remember the exact stats they had in the paper.


-Less Cringey Stuff here -



Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted: 02:43 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868293
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,016
Post Likes: 43
0
+
ShadowStriker64 said:
Sanzano said:Spain play as a team, something England are not capable of doing with their current team. After watching Spain pass the ball about it makes you realise how disjointed and awkward England are.


Yea but Spain also has like the most passes and most passes completion rate in this world cup with like 2000 or more passes and like 81 complete.I cant remember the exact stats they had in the paper.


They had over 3000 passes, not 2000 ;)
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 04:17 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868309
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,335
Post Likes: 33
0
+
geezerguy said:What surprised me in this tournament is the poor showing of some of the Premier League's top strikers. Rooney, Drogba(even though he did play with broken arm), Torres, Van Persie. The only star striker from the EPL that performed well was Tevez.


Van Persie scored a goal, at least.


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted: 04:22 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868311
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,016
Post Likes: 43
0
+
Volke said:
geezerguy said:What surprised me in this tournament is the poor showing of some of the Premier League's top strikers. Rooney, Drogba(even though he did play with broken arm), Torres, Van Persie. The only star striker from the EPL that performed well was Tevez.


Van Persie scored a goal, at least.


Lmao, I guess. :P

But didn't Drogba score one goal, too?
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 00:36 Jul14 2010 Post ID: 2868876
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,006
Post Likes: 3
0
+
geezerguy said:
ShadowStriker64 said:
Sanzano said:Spain play as a team, something England are not capable of doing with their current team. After watching Spain pass the ball about it makes you realise how disjointed and awkward England are.


Yea but Spain also has like the most passes and most passes completion rate in this world cup with like 2000 or more passes and like 81 complete.I cant remember the exact stats they had in the paper.


They had over 3000 passes, not 2000 ;)


sorry mr.i now all about spains passing rates


-Less Cringey Stuff here -



Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted: 04:28 Jul14 2010 Post ID: 2868911
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,016
Post Likes: 43
0
+
ShadowStriker64 said:
geezerguy said:
ShadowStriker64 said:
Sanzano said:Spain play as a team, something England are not capable of doing with their current team. After watching Spain pass the ball about it makes you realise how disjointed and awkward England are.


Yea but Spain also has like the most passes and most passes completion rate in this world cup with like 2000 or more passes and like 81 complete.I cant remember the exact stats they had in the paper.


They had over 3000 passes, not 2000 ;)


sorry mr.i now all about spains passing rates


You're forgiven mr.I don't know anything about Spain's passing rates. Smile
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 01:54 Jul15 2010 Post ID: 2869674
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,006
Post Likes: 3
0
+
hoorays im forgiven.

Note to everyone:Before next world cup i plan to brutally assualt everything that will predict the outcome of world cup matches...watch your back volke...i might hit you for fun.


-Less Cringey Stuff here -



Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 09:19 Jul15 2010 Post ID: 2869757
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 10,641
Post Likes: 188
0
+
Sanzano said:That Sparta De Jong kick reminded me of Eric Cantanas attack on a fan watching the game from a few years back.


He should have been sent off for that, red card, that was a terrible foul. I know that people here are saying that Spain were playing as equally bad in terms of fouls but to me it just looked like Holland just went out to injure as many players as possible when they found themselves in defence. Even though I was rooting for Spain in the company of Spanish people I found the game to be frustrating and uneventful apart from Holland and their handy footwork. Nice goal though!!!

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 09:53 Jul19 2010 Post ID: 2871619
Sanzano
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,609
Post Likes: 76
0
+
I'm just pleased Spain won, it's good for the Spanish morale.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 03:48 Jul20 2010 Post ID: 2871925
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,006
Post Likes: 3
0
+
Thats because you live in spain dennis.

I'm surprised spain didnt start going crazy like in ZeldaFan's town when they made it to the hockeys final or something.


-Less Cringey Stuff here -



Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 04:42 Jul20 2010 Post ID: 2871938
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 10,641
Post Likes: 188
0
+
^There was violence reported in Barcelona and Madrid I think it was. Dont get it seeing as they won. Here in the Canary Islands we took to stopping all traffic by dancing infront of cars, playing in fountains and driving cars whilst waving flags and singing.

Oh and drinking copious amounts.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Jul21 2010 Post ID: 2872424
Sanzano
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,609
Post Likes: 76
0
+
Why do the Spanish riot when they when an important game? In England the fans riot when they lose a game.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 04:21 Jul21 2010 Post ID: 2872448
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,335
Post Likes: 33
0
+
Sanzano said:Why do the Spanish riot when they when an important game? In England the fans riot when they lose a game.


Here's a guess:

People enjoy rioting. It gives them a massive adrenaline burst. So, naturally, they riot when their team's result is what's the most likely. For example, Spain win more games than they lose, so people riot when Spain win as some sort of celebration. England are quite the opposite, these days, not to mention that Cockneys are the most miserable sods on the planet (a bit of a generalisation, but it's true when you really think about it), and their team's loss is just another reason to moan and groan.

Not what I'd call a great guess, but...

« Last edited by Volke on Jul 21st 2010 »


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 10 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.
Sign Up Register for free.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close