Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

World Cup 2010

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
PhilXZ Posted: 17:22 Jun16 2010 Post ID: 2857242
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
Post Likes: 0
+
Hitzfeld coached both Borussia Dortmund and FC Bayern Munich to a CL-win.

South Africa will be watching the competition after their next game probably (0:3 against Uruguay). And Maradona just can't keep his mouth shut! "They should put Pele into a museum if he's so great" he says, and a taunt to South Korea saying, "They can't win because we have Messi, they don't!" I would laugh if they lose to the Koreans. They're even closing the schools in Argentina!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Bronco11 Posted: 17:29 Jun16 2010 Post ID: 2857250
Bronco11
+
Pelé- 3 World Cup titles. Maradona- 1 because knocked the ball in with his hand. So zero legit ones. Pelé was the greatest, I wish more people would have seen him play.

Anyways, that game against South Korea tomorrow should be a good one. Can't wait to watch it.
PhilXZ Posted: 17:34 Jun16 2010 Post ID: 2857252
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Pele definately deserves a museum spot over you Maradona. But actually that handball was made in the semifinals. The goal brought Argentina into the finals where they beat Germany 3-2 (Then, at the next World Cup in 1990, Germany wins over Argentina 1-0)
Aether13 Posted: 11:37 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857489
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
Bronco11 said:Pelé- 3 World Cup titles. Maradona- 1 because knocked the ball in with his hand. So zero legit ones. Pelé was the greatest, I wish more people would have seen him play.

Anyways, that game against South Korea tomorrow should be a good one. Can't wait to watch it.

Yeah South Korea got murdered the end score was 4-1 even though Messi didn't score any of the goals.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
PhilXZ Posted: 12:05 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857504
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Shut down Messi => Shut down Argentina.

He's their key player and if you watch closely you can see that everything is centralized on him. Assists, dribbling, etc. he's the key figure to Argentina's offensive power! If you get him into the defensive side of his team, then he's pretty much useless. I want to see Greece do more of that when they play Maradona's squad, just to prove that they aren't invincible (And to possibly advance).
Aether13 Posted: 12:10 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857510
Aether13
+
Yeah once Messi retires Argentina is screwed and he did set up every goal today so that just proves your point even more.

PhilXZ Posted: 15:27 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857568
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
France deserved that 0-2 loss to Mexico. Even though both played horrible, Mexico played a bit better. Domenech is going to be criticized harshly for not substituting Thierry Henry in. He's being fired anyway though, it's already bee announced. I don't see the Equipo Tricolore, as well as Bafana Bafana, making a comeback in this group stage. The match between Mexico and Uruguay will decide who plays Argentina/Greece/South Korea.
I can say that I look forward to seeing Germany face off against Serbia. If they put up another great match against the Serbs, then I could see Germany going very far. But it'll be tough, Serbia wants to advance and with that previous 0-1 loss to Ghana, they'll be hungry!
Sanzano Posted: 03:10 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857779
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I think Germany is probably the best team I've seen in the competition so far. Spain were unlucky against Switzerland and should still qualify by beating their next two opponents. Brazil and Argentina both look good. England have no chance and will be exposed badly if they face any of the four teams I've mentioned.

TestVirus101 Posted: 03:44 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857786
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
My favourite match so far was the Spain/Switzerland one only because a friend is a huge Spain fan as a result of Torres and I jokingly talked about how great the Swiss are and how they would get up over the Spanish 1-0.

When I was proved correct my only regret was not having a bet, the odds were like 13:1.
Volke Posted: 06:07 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857809
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Glad to see France got the thrashing they deserved last night from Mexico, who played far better. As great as some of their players are, they're a terrible team, and they didn't deserve to qualify after the Henry incident against Ireland. I'll be happy to see them out. South Africa aren't a very good team, and probably only qualified because they're the country hosting the World Cup. I reckon they'll want to have something to prove and give France a run for their money. Uruguay and Mexico are the two teams that deserve to advance from that group.

England vs Algeria tonight. Here's hoping for some terrible fouls on John Terry and Ashley Cole.
PhilXZ Posted: 08:53 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857848
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
There's something controversial about the reffing made today at the Germany-Serbia match. That last yellow card for Klose was completely uncalled for. It was a foul, but wasn't anything reckless to account for a second yellow. Then Germany stood in standstill shock over the decision and Serbia took their chance and scored the 0-1. After that, everything went downhill. I'm surprised that Germany kept that the only goal that the Serbs scored! Cacau will probably play up top against Ghana. Go Australia!
TestVirus101 Posted: 09:09 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857852
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Ok, so that means that in Group D:

Germany = 1 win, 1 loss
Serbia = 1 win, 1 loss

Australia = 1 loss, Ghana = 1 win.

HOPEFULLY Australia takes down Ghana.
Aether13 Posted: 11:08 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857866
Aether13
+
Did anyone see the USA vs Slovenia match? Because in my opinon USA got screwed by the Ref, he called off sides after they scored a goal when everyone was on-sides. I am mad xD

PhilXZ Posted: 13:02 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857891
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Nope, I saw it too. Is today 'Bad Reffing Day'?
Aether13 Posted: 18:23 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857960
Aether13
+
It must be because if that ref wanted to make any call it should have been on Slovenia because one of there players was wraping his arms around Michael Bradely so he couldn't move.

sphynxx Posted: 21:15 Jun20 2010 Post ID: 2858869
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Well, Italy is another of the larger, more accomplished teams faltering at the World Cup.

1-1 draw with New Zealand.

I didn't see the game, but so far a lot of reports I've read stated the ref gave out a pretty soft penalty which resulted in Italy scoring the equaliser.

No-one, myself included, would have put money on New Zealand scoring first in the 7th minute Smile

Still, if my calculations are correct (& they never are) New Zealand are going to have to win their next game & Italy lose in order for us to progress to the Top 16. Am I correct on that?

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
ducky2 Posted: 22:56 Jun20 2010 Post ID: 2858944
ducky2
+
sphynxx said:Well, Italy is another of the larger, more accomplished teams faltering at the World Cup.

1-1 draw with New Zealand.

I didn't see the game, but so far a lot of reports I've read stated the ref gave out a pretty soft penalty which resulted in Italy scoring the equaliser.

No-one, myself included, would have put money on New Zealand scoring first in the 7th minute Smile

Still, if my calculations are correct (& they never are) New Zealand are going to have to win their next game & Italy lose in order for us to progress to the Top 16. Am I correct on that?

If NZ win, they are through no matter what, the other results will only determine which order they finish.

Well done, though, you guys are surprising everyone at the moment.
sphynxx Posted: 02:59 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2858991
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Ahh, but what happens if Italy win with the same goal difference as us? lol

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
ducky2 Posted: 03:43 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859006
ducky2
+
sphynxx said:Ahh, but what happens if Italy win with the same goal difference as us? lol

If you and Italy both win it and are level on goal diference, it comes down to number of goals scored. If thats level it goes to:

fifa.com said:d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the
teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams
concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams
concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

NZ has become my second team now lol. Hopefully they can get out of the group, that would be an amazing acheivment from a team given no chance coming into the world cup.
Volke Posted: 05:29 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859017
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I'm hoping for Italy to be knocked out at this stage. It means there'll be less games that have a chance of putting you to sleep as the tournament progresses.

Despite the dull start the World Cup got off to, it's finally began to pick up.
Displaying Page 4 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close