Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

World Cup 2010

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Bronco11 Posted: 12:26 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860229
Bronco11
Post Likes: 0
+
Juli said:No! The USA can't continue!! It's horrible!! They did the same as they did to us and because of that we didn't get to go to the World Cup... No fair!!

On the other hand, England played rather well today, better than before, that's for sure. And it's such a shame Ghana didn't get to score, but I'm glad Ghana and Germany are moving to the next round.

So far it goes:

June 26:
4 pm: Uruguay - South Korea
8:30 pm: USA - Ghana

June 27:
4 pm: Germany - England
8:30 pm: Argentina - Mexico.

GMT+1

In all honesty, USA vs Ghana is worth watching and Germany vs England, cause Mexico will lose against Argentina.

I get the sneaking suspicion that you're from Costa Rica... ;-)

So anyways, Ghana. Not an easy opponent by any means, but I would rather have them than Germany or Serbia. Both their goals were scored on penalties, one of which should probably not have been called...

That being said, their defense is very frustrating to penetrate. It took an amazing strike from Mesut Ozil for the Germans to get the three points against them. I could see a game that is very similar to the one that United States just played against Algeria.

Prediction- United States 1, Ghana 0. Goal from Michael Bradley at '72.

This is a huge chance for the United States to advance in the tournament against one of the non-powers, and get revenge on the team that knocked them out of the World Cup in 2006. Still, the black stars have a lot of weapons on defense and around the midfield despite no having Michael Essien. Write them off at your peril.

« Last edited by Bronco11 on Jun 24th 2010 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Juli Posted: 14:25 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860271
Juli
+
Volke&TV: I wanted Ghana to win, I want Ghana to go to Semi-finals!

Sphynxx: The little I could see of that match, it was a good one, but Paraguay is a tough team.

Bronco: Get that sneaky suspicion, feel it, and it's true, I am a proud Costa Rican. And, it might be mean to say, because both teams have been playing great, but I get the feeling that Ghana will win.

Plus, I seriously want USA to be out, I need my little revenge... Honduras and USA need to be out, even though both have been playing great.

So, Italy gone, but left with such a great match. Slovakia would've hit the referee if he let some more minutes go and Italy scored, because he gave 3 extra minutes, but it ended at 50 something the second time. But such a great match.

Japan-Denmark, good match so far, great goals from Japan. Shame I can't talk about Netherlands, I'm not watching that match.

Avy&Sig by Saphy.
Damn... My English still isn't perfect...
ducky2 Posted: 16:51 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860310
ducky2
+
Hahaha, Italy are out. Waking up to this news has already cheered up my day. Don't think many people would have tipped that in a group that involved Paraguay, Slovakia and New Zealand. lol

Brilliant.
Volke Posted: 04:57 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860406
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Italy out...and finished bottom too. Still, it was a great game between them and Slovakia...which is strange because Italy were one of the teams. Glad they're out though...the two most boring teams gone, things can only improve from here.

Both of the evening's games were good, although Japan vs Denmark was somewhat more enjoyable. Japan scored some excellent goals; they're a great team with some quality players and it would be interesting to see how far they go. As for the Holland game, I figured it would be around 2-1. Holland are a damn good side, but Cameroon, who were already out anyway, would have wanted to go down with a win if they could possibly do it.
Sanzano Posted: 09:55 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860436
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Germany V England Sunday has got to be the most anticipated game of the World Cup so far especially as one team has to exit the competition. I think Germany play better as a team which makes me think they'll win a boring 1-0 game.

Aether13 Posted: 11:16 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860449
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
Yeah I'm putting my money on Germany, England hasn't been playing very well at all the only reason they advanced was because they had an easy group imo.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
sharingansasuke Posted: 17:16 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860548
sharingansasuk
e
+
Sanzano said:Germany V England Sunday has got to be the most anticipated game of the World Cup so far especially as one team has to exit the competition. I think Germany play better as a team which makes me think they'll win a boring 1-0 game.

I don't know. Germany has been playing better as a team but they are also a very new team. That means that if they get into a tight spot they could fall apart. Also Schweinsteiger got injured and may not be able to play in the England game. With Ballack already out Schweinsteiger was Germany's leader on the field with may have an effect on their team play. England hasn't been playing the best on the other hand but they were starting to pick up during the Slovenia game so I think it may be a toss up and if both teams are at their best it could be great to watch.
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 03:40 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860644
ShadowStriker6
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
no isag is down one player.Italy is gone so i'm left with spain,argentina nad germany.Well at least i know argy has a chance.

I really hope germany beats italy so i can gloat in all you english peoples faces.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Volke Posted: 03:54 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860650
Volke
Executioner
+
I'm not sure England vs Germany will be as great as everyone anticipates, either. Portugal vs Brazil was anticipated in a similar manner, and it turned out to be one of the most boring matches of the entire tournament.

I'm going to support Japan, South Korea, Chile, Ghana and any other 'underdogs' left in the tournament. Plus Holland.
Bronco11 Posted: 16:10 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860740
Bronco11
+
Disappointed that the U.S. lost, but Ghana made the most of their opportunities and deserved to win.
Juli Posted: 16:12 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860741
Juli
+
My most anticipated match has been USA vs Ghana and... Even though I was against USA, I was like "Score another goal!! This game cannot end!" Such a great match!

USA left with a great match, I'm pretty sure many people think that way. Though, in the end, Ghana seemed, for a bit, to be dancing while taking every chance of scoring away from them.

I'm sad South Korea is gone, they played very good before (didn't get to watch the match this morning ^^')

Avy&Sig by Saphy.
Damn... My English still isn't perfect...
sharingansasuke Posted: 16:21 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860744
sharingansasuk
e
+
The US vs Ghana game kept me on edge the entire time. It was unbelievable. USA in the first half frustrated me a bit but the second half was spectacular on their part. Ghana made me mad in extra time, but what can you say? They won :( Now I only have Germany left.
Volke Posted: 04:41 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2860934
Volke
Executioner
+
I was disappointed to see South Korea go, but they really wasted a few chances. They gave me the impression that they were a bit panicky.

I watched up to around 65 minutes of the Ghana vs USA. I'm glad to see Ghana progress further, as they're the only African team left.

England vs Germany later. Should be a good one, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out to be a boring game.
PhilXZ Posted: 12:15 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861012
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
4:1!!!! Wow. I didn't expect that. I tipped Germany to win it, but not that decisively! No FIFA will discuss the addition of goal-line technology just like Klinsmann and McManaman proposed today on ESPN. If Lampard's shot counted, it probably would've been the difference. England needs to overhaul it's system now. After the inability to qualify for Euro 2008 and now the biggest loss since 1954, the English need to be revitalized.

I'm excited for the Mexico-Argentina match. Both teams play fast-paced and love the game very much. Maradona is acting badly over his wins, he's demanding that the Argentine press, who criticized the team as unable to win the title, to apologize to him. A title for Argentina under his coaching would just raise his ego into thinking he's the greatest. While Mexico and it's coaching staff just want to play, they've got nothing to lose!

Like I said earlier shut down Messi, the captain, playmaker, and central key figure of the team, and you beat Argentina! I'd like to see Mexico do more of that than shuting down Higuain, Veron, and others.
Bronco11 Posted: 18:57 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861101
Bronco11
+
I enjoyed that game, but England fans should not be sitting around and saying that they were robbed, even though the ball clearly crossed the line. They played well for two minutes, but the other 88 belonged to Germany.

The images of celebrations in Berlin, Koln, Hamburg, and Munich were amazing. I have come to believe over the years that Germany has the best fans in the world.
Sanzano Posted: 04:41 Jun28 2010 Post ID: 2861256
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Germany were the better team, regardless if the Lampard goal had of counted England would still have lost badly, their defense was terrible and Rooney is not the world class striker people in England think he is, he had a terrible world cup and should have been substituted for Crouch after the first game.

bowow Posted: 04:41 Jun28 2010 Post ID: 2861257
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
But we were robbed, if the ref allowed that goal it would of been a completely different game because all the England squad would of been saying to themselves that all we need is one more goal.

Rooney is not the world class striker people in England think he is

He's only just got over an injury and if you ask me i think he still has the injury.

« Last edited by bowow on Jun 28th 2010 »

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
Volke Posted: 05:02 Jun28 2010 Post ID: 2861261
Volke
Executioner
+
England played terribly, even if Lampard's goal had actually counted (which it should have), I couldn't see them winning. They had a decent 15-20 minutes between Upson's goal, which lasted until about ten minutes into the second half, and then started playing terribly again. Terry and Upson were both awful, and their terrible defending was what allowed Germany to walk all over them. Gerrard went through a 5-10 minute period where he aimlessly blasted balls in the direction of the German goal, none of which came close to going in. Rooney was as bad as he has been all tournament, having now gone nine games for England without scoring (hopefully meaning he'll continue to play that way for Manchester United next season). Emile Heskey, a striker who doesn't score goals, was brought on to replace Jermaine (?) Defoe, England's only striker that has scored a goal this tournament, and only got one touch (or so I noticed) in the 25 minutes he was on. The rest of the team were all-around mediocre. Germany played excellently, and deserved to win. I was happy to see them go through.

Lampard's goal not being counted wasn't the only goal issue yesterday, either. I saw Tevez's first goal last night, and how the assistant referee didn't notice that he was so blatantly offside is beyond me. Such a pity, as Mexico looked the stronger side before Argentina's unfair goal and I really wanted them to win. Hopefully Germany will give Argentina a nice thrashing when they meet.
Bronco11 Posted: 09:33 Jun28 2010 Post ID: 2861303
Bronco11
+
Once again... You can't play well for just two minutes out of the 90 and say you deserve to win.

Anyways, Arjen Robben just scored a fantastic goal against Slovakia. He is quickly becoming one of the top players in the world, if he is not already up there.
Aether13 Posted: 10:39 Jun28 2010 Post ID: 2861317
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
bowow said:But we were robbed, if the ref allowed that goal it would of been a completely different game because all the England squad would of been saying to themselves that all we need is one more goal.
Imo you guys weren't robbed since it wasn't like the score was 3-4 and his goal didn't count, also if his goal would have counted it would have been 2-4, how would england need one more goal to tie it up? I'm confused by your math.

« Last edited by Aether13 on Jun 28th 2010 »

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
Displaying Page 6 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close