Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

World Cup 2010

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 20:26 Jul03 2010 Post ID: 2863408
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
NOOOOOOOOO! dont tell me that asher.great now i gotta go for germany.My only surviving team.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
zgame master Posted: 05:10 Jul04 2010 Post ID: 2863541
zgame master
Post Likes: 0
+
I think Holland verse Germany in finals, both are in great form.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Aether13 Posted: 12:33 Jul04 2010 Post ID: 2863615
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
Yeah that's what I think with hopefully Holland winning it all.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
Sanzano Posted: 02:16 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2863877
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Don't discount Spain just yet, they beat Germany in the Euro 2008 final and it would basically be the same two teams if they met again. Holland were my dark horse from the very begining and are playing great so it should be a great final whoever reaches it.

Volke Posted: 05:35 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2863906
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I'm not so sure about Spain. They haven't been outstanding during this tournament. I expected them to beat Paraguay, but until the penalty incidents occurred, which seemed to wake Spain up a little, it seemed like a very even match. They're going to need a top performance to beat Germany, who have been the best team in this tournament.

Holland should beat Uruguay. Uruguay shouldn't even have advanced due to Juan Suarez' cheating (for those who don't know, Ghana would have scored at last minute in extra time if Suarez hadn't handballed the ball out of the goal). Suarez misses one match, thankfully what should be Uruguay's last match of the tournament, but an ideal punishment would be to ban him from football for six months, and then leave him eligible for anyone to foul him without any consequences for a further six months. If FIFA weren't useless with their rules, it should simply have counted as a goal for Ghana. Then again, this World Cup has proved that several of FIFA's rules need to be changed or updated.

On a further note, I'm glad to see Argentina are out.

I think it'll be Germany vs Holland in the final. Hopefully both of Holland's games will involve them winning with goals scored by Robin van Persie.
ducky2 Posted: 07:10 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2863916
ducky2
+
^Even if Uruguay lose, they will still play for third place, so unless Suarez is injured or dropped he will still get to play in this tournament. To be fair to Suarez, if I was in the same position as him, I would probably do the same thing. It's the final minute of extra time in a quarter final and you're the only one between elimination and giving your country a chance to progress. Yes he cheated, but he copped the punishment and it's really up to Fifa to come down hard on these incidents if they want to stop it.

Given the form of both Germany and Holland, I would expect to see them battle it out in the final. I wouldn't discount Spain, but given their performances in this World Cup, I can't really see them beating the Germans who are in great form.
danzx Posted: 09:31 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2863934
danzx
+
Spain played against a far more defensive team that Germany did in the quarter-finals. Germany scored 4 goals against a team who's best defensive player is Javier Mascherano... and he's not even a defender. Paraguay, on the other hand, tried to do an Inter Milan and parked the bus in front of the goal and that's why Spain weren't able to break through until the 83rd minute. I still think that Spain have that extra bit of class and should be able to beat Germany, though it won't be easy. The Netherlands should beat Uruguay but Uruguay have played well and they do have some top class players.

ducky2 Posted: 17:19 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2864110
ducky2
+
Spain have the players for sure, but they just haven't looked good enough in this tournament. Germany have no doubt been the most impressive side, on three occasions now they have scored 4 goals, and against some pretty good sides as well. It will be a great game, that's a certainty.
danzx Posted: 19:12 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2864229
danzx
+
Its all because of Busquets. Busquets is awful. Germany have put 4 goals past Australia, England and Argentina. Australia aren't great. England are possibly worse but had Lampard's goal been allowed, Germany possibly could have lost. Like I said, Argentina have a frail defense. Spain played Portugal who had not let in a goal in the tournament and had played teams like Ivory Coast and Brazil. They set out to play in a very defensive manner and with players like Ricardo Carvalho, Bruno Alves and Fabio Coentrao (sp?), they were never going to let in 4. Paraguay also set out to block Spain from scoring but weren't able to. You can't say that England and Argentina went out to play a defensive game.

ducky2 Posted: 23:22 Jul05 2010 Post ID: 2864310
ducky2
+
They put 4 goals past an Australia defence which had conceeded just once in their final qualifying group. Germany came through much stronger in a more difficult group, they lost to Serbia after playing most of the game with 10 men. I'm not discounting Spain, but they haven't been all that impressive and that's gonna have to change if they're to get past Germany.
danzx Posted: 00:23 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864320
danzx
+
Didn't Australia have 10 men? I can't remember.

Spain played well against Honduras and could have had 5, even 6 goals. I tip Spain to edge this. We'll see tomorrow though.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 04:35 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864387
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
Volke said:I'm not so sure about Spain. They haven't been outstanding during this tournament. I expected them to beat Paraguay, but until the penalty incidents occurred, which seemed to wake Spain up a little, it seemed like a very even match. They're going to need a top performance to beat Germany, who have been the best team in this tournament.

Holland should beat Uruguay. Uruguay shouldn't even have advanced due to Juan Suarez' cheating (for those who don't know, Ghana would have scored at last minute in extra time if Suarez hadn't handballed the ball out of the goal). Suarez misses one match, thankfully what should be Uruguay's last match of the tournament, but an ideal punishment would be to ban him from football for six months, and then leave him eligible for anyone to foul him without any consequences for a further six months. If FIFA weren't useless with their rules, it should simply have counted as a goal for Ghana. Then again, this World Cup has proved that several of FIFA's rules need to be changed or updated.

On a further note, I'm glad to see Argentina are out.

I think it'll be Germany vs Holland in the final. Hopefully both of Holland's games will involve them winning with goals scored by Robin van Persie.

Silence Volke Germany may have won this round but my team will thrash them in 2014.Go argentina.

Also Volke here in down under in a newspaper i was reading, Suarex claimed he was possesed by the hand of god.The same thing happened to another player whose name i forget.

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Volke Posted: 05:50 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864409
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
ducky2 said:Even if Uruguay lose, they will still play for third place, so unless Suarez is injured or dropped he will still get to play in this tournament. To be fair to Suarez, if I was in the same position as him, I would probably do the same thing. It's the final minute of extra time in a quarter final and you're the only one between elimination and giving your country a chance to progress. Yes he cheated, but he copped the punishment and it's really up to Fifa to come down hard on these incidents if they want to stop it.

Hmm...I forgot about the 3rd place match.

It's true Suarez' action was probably instinctive. Even if he couldn't help it, it still doesn't justify the fact that it was completely unfair, and he still should have received a bigger punishment. Plus, it doesn't help his reputation that he wasn't exactly the most likable player out there to begin with.

danzx said:England are possibly worse but had Lampard's goal been allowed, Germany possibly could have lost.

I doubt it. Although England did have a good 15 minutes, and Lampard's goal, had it counted, would have motivated them more, Germany were still the better side throughout the entire match and I think they would have won regardless. You do raise some good points about the teams Germany and Spain have faced to get to this point, though. However, I still think Germany are stronger.

shadowstriker64 said:Silence Volke Germany may have won this round but my team will thrash them in 2014.Go argentina.

Also Volke here in down under in a newspaper i was reading, Suarex claimed he was possesed by the hand of god.The same thing happened to another player whose name i forget.

As long as most of Argentina's players remain a bunch of whiny @ssholes who can't take a loss, I'm always going to dislike them.

Possessed by the Hand of God? Hmm...someone's been reading the tabloids...
danzx Posted: 10:23 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864477
danzx
+
Germany were by far the better team but it wouldn't have been the first time a team had lost to an inferior one.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 18:28 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864695
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
Netherlands won 3-2.that means it netherlands in the grand final.I cant wait.

danzx Posted: 18:47 Jul06 2010 Post ID: 2864709
danzx
+
Netherlands and Germany would be interesting because of the history. Netherlands and Spain would be interesting too because of the fact that neither have them have ever won a World Cup.

sharingansasuke Posted: 15:34 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2865135
sharingansasuk
e
+
Germany lost :( sad day. I think Spain will beat the Netherlands. Either won deserves it at this point. I just hope it is a fun game to watch. (P.S. I blame the outcome of the Spain-Germany game on Paul the octopus!)
danzx Posted: 16:23 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2865197
danzx
+
I could never see Germany winning to be honest. And once Paul made his prediction, there was no doubt in my mind :P

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 18:48 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2865295
ShadowStriker6
The Young Lord
+
sharingansasuke said:Germany lost :( sad day. I think Spain will beat the Netherlands. Either won deserves it at this point. I just hope it is a fun game to watch. (P.S. I blame the outcome of the Spain-Germany game on Paul the octopus!)

I blame the argentina-germany on paul the octopus as well.

So Spain and Netherlands eh.hmm its a tough one but if you have my msn you'll see im going for SPAIN!

sharingansasuke Posted: 22:11 Jul07 2010 Post ID: 2865478
sharingansasuk
e
+
ShadowStriker64 said:
sharingansasuke said:Germany lost :( sad day. I think Spain will beat the Netherlands. Either won deserves it at this point. I just hope it is a fun game to watch. (P.S. I blame the outcome of the Spain-Germany game on Paul the octopus!)

I blame the argentina-germany on paul the octopus as well.

So Spain and Netherlands eh.hmm its a tough one but if you have my msn you'll see im going for SPAIN!

No, you see, you are suppose to thank Paul for the Germany - Argentina game.
Displaying Page 8 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close