Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

World Cup 2010

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 03:38 Jul08 2010 Post ID: 2865601
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
sharingansasuke said:
ShadowStriker64 said:
sharingansasuke said:Germany lost :( sad day. I think Spain will beat the Netherlands. Either won deserves it at this point. I just hope it is a fun game to watch. (P.S. I blame the outcome of the Spain-Germany game on Paul the octopus!)

I blame the argentina-germany on paul the octopus as well.

So Spain and Netherlands eh.hmm its a tough one but if you have my msn you'll see im going for SPAIN!

No, you see, you are suppose to thank Paul for the Germany - Argentina game.

No, YOU see, i will never ever support germany.I may pick them in Fifa and if the other team has no hope but never when its a fair game.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 05:51 Jul08 2010 Post ID: 2865664
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Last night's game was interesting. It seemed to alternate every fifteen minutes or so for the first hour as to who was the better side, but Spain completely dominated the last half hour.

Germany just didn't seem as strong as they have been throughout the tournament last night. Even so, they still have to play Uruguay for third place. Hopefully, Germany will win that, additionally fouling Suarez so badly that he'll be out of football for a good year and never quite be the same again when he comes back, but the foul to take place at a time and place where it can't really be seen by the referee and his officials so whoever does it won't be penalized.

Sunday's match should be a good one. Neither team has won a World Cup before (although Holland reached the final on two separate occasions in the past), and very strangely haven't ever met in a World Cup match or Euro Cup match, either. A showdown between Arsenal's two best players, too, if Cesc Fabregas actually gets off the bench (which he should, since he definitely has more influence in games than Spain's other midfielders, who usually have virtually no drive to try and get the ball to the goal, as seen last night). I'm hoping for Holland to win, with Robin Van Persie scoring a hatrick.
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 05:57 Jul08 2010 Post ID: 2865666
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
So, spain won?
The octopus was right!
For all of germany's matches, the germans got an octopus, and gave it an option to choose between Germany and the other team, and so far it's 5-0.
New Mystic, much?
Now known as
Volke Posted: 06:32 Jul08 2010 Post ID: 2865679
Volke
Executioner
+
Moreso....lucky guessing. I don't believe in psychics, mystics or anything of the sort. The octopus did predict one match incorrectly, which is more than enough convincing for me.
Sanzano Posted: 09:58 Jul08 2010 Post ID: 2865735
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Spain are looking very strong, they made the Germans look ordinary which doesn't say much for England as they beat us 4-1

danzx Posted: 11:42 Jul08 2010 Post ID: 2865836
danzx
Post Likes: 0
+
To me, the match didn't seem to alternate between the two sides at all. Spain utterly dominated from start to finish, barring 5 or 10 minutes in the second half.

As for Spain's midfielders, I think they have plenty of drive. Iniesta is constantly seen darting around the last third of the pitch and you can see that Xavi is always looking for that killer pass. There is an argument for Busquets and Xabi Alonso having no drive though.

Sanzano Posted: 02:52 Jul09 2010 Post ID: 2866335
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I think they are the designated holding players that allow Iniesta and Xavi the freedom to roam into the last third of the pitch. Xabi Alonso played that role superbly when he played for Liverpool, Steven Gerard isn't the same dominating player now without him. I hope Spain wins, it will make them European and World champions simultaneously, the only other team to do that was France.

Volke Posted: 05:00 Jul09 2010 Post ID: 2866354
Volke
Executioner
+
danzx said:To me, the match didn't seem to alternate between the two sides at all. Spain utterly dominated from start to finish, barring 5 or 10 minutes in the second half.

As for Spain's midfielders, I think they have plenty of drive. Iniesta is constantly seen darting around the last third of the pitch and you can see that Xavi is always looking for that killer pass. There is an argument for Busquets and Xabi Alonso having no drive though.

The way I saw things, Spain managed to get the ball close to the box, but then they started being too careful and simply passed the ball around, hoping they'd see an opening in the German defense, which wasn't going to happen. It was far more noticeable in the first half, but when you think about it Spain didn't really open up a great deal of chances. It should have been 2-0, though, but Pedro decided to be selfish and didn't pass that ball to Torres.
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 02:38 Jul10 2010 Post ID: 2866870
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
So Germany Spain match aside who are you guys going for.Since the world cup has been cruel to me wiping out all my teams except spain im going for netherlands.Its reverse Psychology against the world cup.for hte full story of my teams its this.

I has Italy,Spain,Argy,Germy or ISAG for short.Italy never made it past groups.A vsed G and lost.G vsed S and lost.And now im left with S.

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

danzx Posted: 16:34 Jul10 2010 Post ID: 2867101
danzx
+
Volke said:
danzx said:To me, the match didn't seem to alternate between the two sides at all. Spain utterly dominated from start to finish, barring 5 or 10 minutes in the second half.

The way I saw things, Spain managed to get the ball close to the box, but then they started being too careful and simply passed the ball around, hoping they'd see an opening in the German defense, which wasn't going to happen. It was far more noticeable in the first half, but when you think about it Spain didn't really open up a great deal of chances. It should have been 2-0, though, but Pedro decided to be selfish and didn't pass that ball to Torres.

That's the name of Spain's game though. Frustrate opponents until their defense cracks and rely on players like Xavi or Iniesta to exploit the space and thread it through to Villa or Torres.

And yes, Pedro had a fairly good game but his inexperience certainly showed when he decided to go it alone rather than pass it to Torres.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 17:50 Jul10 2010 Post ID: 2867180
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
uh sorry guys can you delete my double post?

I thought the name of spains game is soccer?..naa but that is their gameplan.But i could have totally seen it being 2-0 is Pedro passed it.I was like wtf pass you dumba$$.(i was going for spain because germy wiped out argy)

Benjina Posted: 18:52 Jul10 2010 Post ID: 2867239
Benjina
+
Germany pick up third place, after this mornings game. 3-2. A valiant effort from Uruguay. Unlucky not to pick up an equalizer in the last minute, with Diego Forlans free kick striking the post.

It makes me proud to be a New Zealander to think that if Spain wins, New Zealand will be the only team in the tournament to have not recorded a loss.
BECKY IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. I LOVE YOU MY BABY GIRL WIFE. <33333333

Volke Posted: 04:28 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867379
Volke
Executioner
+
I was hoping for a German win last night, since Uruguay didn't deserve to be in the semis in the first place.

Now, if only Holland can win, everything will be good.
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 04:49 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867385
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
You make a good point Ben.

I'm also hoping for spains loss.
1.Its defeats Paul the Octopus
2.I'm using my reverse psychology skills on the World Cup so spain should lose.

Volke Posted: 05:17 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867393
Volke
Executioner
+
^The Paul the Psychic Octopus thing is a load of crap, anyway. Didn't he predict something wrong? Yep. The rest of his 'psychic predictions' are down to luck.
zgame master Posted: 05:20 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867394
zgame master
+
Tonights the day, if you sre staying up to watch it I pity you, I just wish it wasn't 4:30 in the morning in Australia.
Did you know if Spain win then New Zealand is the only undefeated team in the world cup! Pretty funny.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
K Dawg Posted: 08:50 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867421
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
Netherlands about to run it today.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
geezerguy Posted: 11:48 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867514
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
I want Holland to win, and I think they will after going the whole tournament so far unbeaten and beating Brazil.

Van Persie hat-trick and Fabregas will score for Spain. ;)
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Benjina Posted: 16:15 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867645
Benjina
+
So it's settled. Spain are the champions, and deservedly so. They've got one of the best sides I've ever seen. Holland are unlucky, but I never thought that they'd be able to win it, although they had ample chances to do so.

I feel that both sides came out jittery, and never really looked completely comfortable.

And, I, in fact, AM a New Zealander, so I'm pretty happy to be able to say we are the only undefeated team there.
BECKY IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. I LOVE YOU MY BABY GIRL WIFE. <33333333

geezerguy Posted: 17:29 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867693
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
All the people on facebook who suddenly started to support Spain ****** me off, tbh.

But they did deserve it. Smile
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Displaying Page 9 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close