Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

My first sig!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Mortarion Posted: 17:16 May31 2010 Post ID: 2850784
Mortarion
Post Likes: 0
+
so yeah, I finished my very first sig, and I think it looks pretty cool. An since I'm actually happy with it I decided to share it with all of you! so, what do you think?

[center]
[size=10]Cookies for CharmingFacade(of the guild) for the epic sig! And for Tbug2007(of SC) for the awesome avy![/center][/size]

Your Ad Here
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
3versykez Posted: 14:09 Jun01 2010 Post ID: 2851006
3versykez
+
The lighting tone and texture is a bit ehh. The focus is kinda bad.
[center][size=8]|[color=silver]Sig by Craizen|Avy by PBO|[/size][/center]
v-gamer Posted: 15:43 Jun01 2010 Post ID: 2851033
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
^^ With experience in mind.

For a first sig... Well, it's one of the better first sigs I've seen.

The effects are pretty cool. I wouldn't work with text for a while, though; even for experienced graphic artists, the text can easily make or break the sig - more often the latter than the former.

Something to work on for the future is blending. In my opinion, blending is key in making art. Make sure there's depth to your signature: background and foreground. Then, just blend in your focal wherever it belongs (usually between the background and foreground, although it can sometimes be the foreground or background).

In here, the focal is the foreground. You did a decent job with blending for your first time, actually. But typically you want to align the lights/shades with the light source, and colors should respectively match/blend. If you look at your focal, you see that the light source should be coming from our right. However, your light source in the signature is to the left of the focal. Thus, the blending is a bit off. This can be solved by moving the focal over the left side of the sig, but now we move on to another issue.

People may say never to center your focal, but I say never to put it off to the side. In either case, the argument is that it distracts the audience from the focal, but in my opinion, it just doesn't look good. I don't mind centering, but it's more fun to play around with placement.

This isn't much of a critique, but rather just suggestions for the future. Experimentation is a huge part of art; feel free to play around with tools and brushes and mess around with how you use them. You can always use Control+Z (or Edit > Undo) if you don't like the result. For your first sig, you did a pretty decent job.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Mortarion Posted: 17:12 Jun01 2010 Post ID: 2851050
Mortarion
+
Thank you for the advice, I will keep all of your suggestions in mind as I continue to create random art
[center]
[size=10]Cookies for CharmingFacade(of the guild) for the epic sig! And for Tbug2007(of SC) for the awesome avy![/center][/size]

Your Ad Here
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close