Your Account
    Log into your account here:
       Forgot Password

    Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

SuperCheats 2010 - Opening 8th June

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 14 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 12 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
arkena Posted: 13:52 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859185
arkena
AvatarMember
Posts: 3
Post Likes: 0
0
+
hatershateme said:This ad, its about the New Xbox 360. It makes everything slow on FireFox 3.6 Posting is hard, and even scrolling. So annoying.


I confirm that the ad about the slim 360 is slowing everything but it's not only on Supercheats, it's also slowing me on other sites with it.

@team: I'll send the updates to Dennis in a couple of days, I just hope I will not load some more work for him, as he's the one to have brought me here Smile.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 02:38 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859547
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,926
Post Likes: 109
0
+
Arkena - it will be fine - he updates walkthroughs every day.

X - not sure, I'll have to have a look, I don't think it would be possible though.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
hatershateme Posted: 17:50 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859744
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,051
Post Likes: 4
0
+
Spoiler:
click to reveal


That's the ad that slows down SuperCheats for me, I can't get a video clip of it.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 02:59 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859860
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,006
Post Likes: 3
0
+
i havent seen the ad yet so i wouldnt no.

The site looks mad rich.You guys realy outdid yourself.


-Less Cringey Stuff here -



Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 09:38 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859905
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,334
Post Likes: 33
0
+
I thought we were going to get rid of Private Bios? Wouldn't overhauling the Bio section have been the adequate time to do it?


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 13:10 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859973
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 10,641
Post Likes: 188
0
+
Agreed with Volke, priavte bios are just for naughty people to hide in.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 14:40 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859995
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,926
Post Likes: 109
0
+
I'll address the private bios thing - not 100 sure on the situation. I think I can see them all...
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 12:57 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860243
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 10,641
Post Likes: 188
0
+
Thing is, private bios are just silly. You dont have to write anything in them so why turn them to private?! Bios are there to be read really.

But yep your call.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Xeta Posted: 12:58 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860244
Xeta
Beneta
AvatarMember
Posts: 6,129
Post Likes: 79
0
+
balthiersbit said:Thing is, private bios are just silly. You dont have to write anything in them so why turn them to private?! Bios are there to be read really.

But yep your call.


Mhm. It doesn't say any personal info in it, so what's the point, honestly? It just makes it harder for mods to stalk their prey. No one wants that.

Oh, by the way, not sure if anyone suggested this yet, but I'm too lazy to go check:

Notifications.

Facebook picture^

Like if someone friend requests you, comments on your bio, posts in a thread you're watching, submits an answer to a question you're watching, ect ect.


« Last edited by Xeta on Jun 24th 2010 »

ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
superbird5005 Posted: 15:01 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860275
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,109
Post Likes: 5
0
+
Rich, every time I try to go to the Call of Duty 4 guide, it takes me back to the guides page, and I need guidance on this game D:
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 15:16 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860277
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,926
Post Likes: 109
0
+
It's still there, but the URL on the guides page is not working properly (and a few others)

It should be: http://www.supercheats.com/guides/call-of-duty-4/
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
X__x Posted: 15:31 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860278
X__x
That Resigned Admin Face/Guy
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,595
Post Likes: 2
0
+
Xeta said:
balthiersbit said:Thing is, private bios are just silly. You dont have to write anything in them so why turn them to private?! Bios are there to be read really.

But yep your call.


Mhm. It doesn't say any personal info in it, so what's the point, honestly? It just makes it harder for mods to stalk their prey. No one wants that.

Oh, by the way, not sure if anyone suggested this yet, but I'm too lazy to go check:

Notifications.

Facebook picture^

Like if someone friend requests you, comments on your bio, posts in a thread you're watching, submits an answer to a question you're watching, ect ect.


Xeta, Rich uses Facebook. I did have him on my account before Facebook decided to randomly disable my account. But, if we were to have something like that, it'd probably do better for when we have a PM system, or something similar to instant messages like how Facebook has that little bar on the bottom of their web pages, to IM people directly on the sites interface. :P

« Last edited by X__x on Jun 24th 2010 »

Forgot I had this tag.

I'm also torn between Red and Green from Super Effective.
People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
superbird5005 Posted: 15:50 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860281
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
AvatarMember
Posts: 8,109
Post Likes: 5
0
+
Odd, that link takes me to the old site. Thanks though.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Xeta Posted: 21:51 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860348
Xeta
Beneta
AvatarMember
Posts: 6,129
Post Likes: 79
0
+
X__x said:
Xeta said:
balthiersbit said:Thing is, private bios are just silly. You dont have to write anything in them so why turn them to private?! Bios are there to be read really.

But yep your call.


Mhm. It doesn't say any personal info in it, so what's the point, honestly? It just makes it harder for mods to stalk their prey. No one wants that.

Oh, by the way, not sure if anyone suggested this yet, but I'm too lazy to go check:

Notifications.

Facebook picture^

Like if someone friend requests you, comments on your bio, posts in a thread you're watching, submits an answer to a question you're watching, ect ect.


Xeta, Rich uses Facebook. I did have him on my account before Facebook decided to randomly disable my account. But, if we were to have something like that, it'd probably do better for when we have a PM system, or something similar to instant messages like how Facebook has that little bar on the bottom of their web pages, to IM people directly on the sites interface. :P


I'm aware he does. I put that picture there for anyone who didn't so that they would understand what was saying.

ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 00:17 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860373
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
AvatarAdmin
Posts: 10,926
Post Likes: 109
0
+
Yes, we do need some improvements still in the friends/actions/bios area in terms of a visual notification that you have some kind of update (comment, friend) in your bio and perhaps sending out an email notifying you of that (optional). We've just got a few urgent things and a heap of other things to do still, but it is in our thoughts.

superbird - a few guides were created before our guides content management system was in place hence the old style guide, we'll change them all over to the new style eventually.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 17:12 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860546
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,827
Post Likes: 28
0
+
Minor problem: It seems the ampersand symbol doesn't work in the Bios. If one is put in, everything after that symbol is cut off.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
hatershateme Posted: 18:02 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860554
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,051
Post Likes: 4
0
+
hatershateme said:Spoiler:
click to reveal


That's the ad that slows down SuperCheats for me, I can't get a video clip of it.


Quoting because this has not been fixed...

EDIT: Ad Block plus add-on for FireFox, works really good. No Ad's what so ever.

« Last edited by hatershateme on Jun 26th 2010 »

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Legend_Trainer Posted: 22:48 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860880
Legend_Trainer
AvatarMember
Posts: 1,764
Post Likes: 0
0
+
The FF/RP discussion thread only reached 130 pages. But on my homepage it showed "131". when I click it, it brings me to 130.

Funky.

And the height on my avatar is stuck to 80(pixels) as you can see.

Help?

« Last edited by Legend_Trainer on Jun 26th 2010 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 23:08 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860885
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,827
Post Likes: 28
0
+
The page bit is due to deleted posts. There's really 131 pages there, but enough posts have been deleted in that thread to only make 130. Rich has already stated in this thread that he's having trouble with the avatar size. I'm sure it will be fixed soon, just have patience.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
zeldafan11 Posted: 23:45 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860903
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
AvatarMember
Posts: 1,978
Post Likes: 0
0
+
X__x said:
Xeta said:
balthiersbit said:Thing is, private bios are just silly. You dont have to write anything in them so why turn them to private?! Bios are there to be read really.

But yep your call.


Mhm. It doesn't say any personal info in it, so what's the point, honestly? It just makes it harder for mods to stalk their prey. No one wants that.

Oh, by the way, not sure if anyone suggested this yet, but I'm too lazy to go check:

Notifications.

Facebook picture^

Like if someone friend requests you, comments on your bio, posts in a thread you're watching, submits an answer to a question you're watching, ect ect.


Xeta, Rich uses Facebook. I did have him on my account before Facebook decided to randomly disable my account. But, if we were to have something like that, it'd probably do better for when we have a PM system, or something similar to instant messages like how Facebook has that little bar on the bottom of their web pages, to IM people directly on the sites interface. :P


So we are getting a PM system?


Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 14 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 12 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.
Sign Up Register for free.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close