Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

SuperCheats 2010 - Opening 8th June

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
X__x Posted: 08:55 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853075
X__x
That Resigned Admin Face/Guy
Post Likes: 2
+
Team SuperCheats said:I'm back now, glad you guys generally like the new site - we've not really changed the forums apart from adding the new BB Code buttons, so anything wrong, we will just try to fix to as it was before.

Most changes are on the main site as mentioned before.

Daily Polls have started - check the homepage

Anyone tried the Add Friend feature yet - just view someone else's bio eg:
http://www.supercheats.com/members/Team20SuperCheats
- You can leave a comment on member's bios also.

You can see the rest of the bio modifications on your own bio:
http://www.supercheats.com/myaccount/bio

Testing the "add friend" feature, myself, by adding you Rich. Smile

So it appears as if InvertAlpha is having issues, himself. He told me there's something up with him being incapable of not logging off? Before then, he couldn't see the log in box at the top of the screen, which I had to give him the log in link. v-gamer is also having the same issue with the posting thing, too. All the more reports will still follow when discovered.

Another addition: It seems the T&C no longer has the dialog box popping up. But also the SC Logo does not appear there. Hmm

Once again.. It seems when in Bios, there is an issue with clicking a team name on someones profile. Clicking on it, directs us to the T&C, but it has a message saying "No Team Selected" because it seems to keep adding a "/" in the URL.

Bio links in the T&C need updating, they use the old URL for each user in going to their bio.

Another thing for the bios: The comment page is nice, but I ask; how will those be updated to display comments done? I've made two comments now. One on v-gamers page and one on Vasco's page. It shows I made 0 comments so far. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

« Last edited by X__x on Jun 8th 2010 »

Forgot I had this tag.

I'm also torn between Red and Green from Super Effective.
People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Oh Joy Desctruction Posted: 09:04 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853077
Oh Joy Desctruction
Post Likes: 0
+
Wow, that was a surprise when I logged on. I really like it, good job Rich!
[center]

Vasco Posted: 09:17 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853078
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
X__x said:Before then, he couldn't see the log in box at the top of the screen, which I had to give him the log in link.

Crazy Cheats just e-mailed me about this problem, I'll give him the log-in link.

X__x said:Another thing for the bios: The comment page is nice, but I ask; how will those be updated to display comments done? I've made two comments now. One on v-gamers page and one on Vasco's page. It shows I made 0 comments so far. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I posted on yours and added you as a friend, but got no reply. Now I know why: we get no replies when that happens, and we should. Just a little tip for the future. Smile

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
X__x Posted: 09:19 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853079
X__x
+
It seems, for me anyway, in the T&C, when I click a URL that I bookmarked for a team, the dialog box appears to request login authentication for "http://test.supercheats.com" and whenever I refresh a page, after it doesn't appear, the same box pops up again. Other than that, clicking links in the T&C for me is perfectly fine with nothing else.

Forgot I had this tag.

People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 09:21 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853080
Cervantes De Leon
Post Likes: 0
+
Another problem found. On my bio page, in trying to click on a thread link from my threads, the boxes from earlier return. unlike before though, cancelling them gives a 401 authorisation required warning, while entering just returns the box.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
dx_hbk Posted: 09:37 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853081
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
I haven't checked out the main site yet i just went directly on the fourm page and i love it =D.

Espacily the sign in bar =D.

Also nice i just noticed the new BBcodes =D.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

X__x Posted: 09:38 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853082
X__x
+
I see exactly what Cervantes De Leon means. Yeah, they do reappear for that area in our Bios. But instead of going to the normal page, it tries for something like.. "http://forums2.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=111097&page=3" instead of "http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=111097&page=3"

Forgot I had this tag.

snakespec Posted: 10:51 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853090
snakespec
Post Likes: 5
+
Hallelujah, I can post.

Nothing but good things to say about the new site now :P
TheLlama said:
If you have to refer to a book to learn whats right and wrong your parents have done an amazingly poor job of raising you and should be given a medal in the form of a bullet to the head.
X__x Posted: 10:52 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853091
X__x
+
Major Bug
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Just thought I'd check this one out, turns out guests can see them, too..

Forgot I had this tag.

snakespec Posted: 10:54 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853092
snakespec
+
^ Will take advantage of this (I joke)
In all seriousness x_X, I dont appear to be seeing that.

Glad everythings slowly getting better.

« Last edited by snakespec on Jun 8th 2010 »
TheLlama said:
If you have to refer to a book to learn whats right and wrong your parents have done an amazingly poor job of raising you and should be given a medal in the form of a bullet to the head.
X__x Posted: 10:57 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853093
X__x
+
I'm so glad you posted when you did, snakespec, because if you didn't.. I'd have multi-posted. XD

In getting caught up in the whole bug I just found, I forgot about the edit button. ahaha

Forgot I had this tag.

snakespec Posted: 10:58 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853094
snakespec
+
^I saved even an admin from breaking a rule XD.

[color=red][/color] ]I just noticed the gamertag feature, thats pretty damn nifty.[/color]
TheLlama said:
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 10:59 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853095
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Pff, like anything big goes on in staff anyway. Let the pretty little Members see the posts. :D

Seems after the site update, the symbols have gone all screwy. - ' " * all of that. Just comes up as a question mark in a diamond. >_>
snakespec Posted: 11:02 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853096
snakespec
+
The font colour button doesnt show in a post.-It shows nothing at all.
-Qwert still cant post XD-200th Qwert referrance I made
Also I cant see any of the comments I have made, X_x I posted a comment on your profile as a test, is it visible to you?

« Last edited by snakespec on Jun 8th 2010 »
TheLlama said:
X__x Posted: 11:11 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853099
X__x
+
Only the two Super Mods comments are visible. o_O

Forgot I had this tag.

snakespec Posted: 11:27 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853102
snakespec
+
^ Strangely I see none.
TheLlama said:
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 11:35 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853104
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
o_O Wait... what happened to the T&C/Forum total posts... I can find the forums one, but not the teams. Don't tell me the T&C total posts is gone. I had almost 60,000. D;
snakespec Posted: 11:44 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853109
snakespec
+
^
I cannot get on teams at all.
TheLlama said:
X__x Posted: 12:09 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853120
X__x
+
Rich, if you do read this, I ask one question for this new template: Is it possible, for every thread on SuperCheats, to change the URL for the "Last" button from the link with the page number to become &goto=end instead? Example of what i mean for clarity:

Instead of something like: "http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=111097&forum=1591&page=3"

Can it be "http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=111097&goto=end" to make it much easier for those of us who can see deleted posts? Because you had Mark make it so we can see deleted content on the site, navigation around SC threads, such as in General Chat's "What do you look like" thread for posting images, there are about 10 pages of deleted content in that one particular thread. Or at least a similar link, but on the forums main page, to display the last page along the list. An example of this, I mean like:

PINNED: What do you look like? � POST THREAD (PICTURES ONLY; NO COMMENTS)

[ page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5....., 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 , Last]

This also causes problems for when someone gets reported in staff, and the link I click on isn't the actual last page, but the one before it, and the reported content is actually a page later in the thread, and not the one I am on because of the deleted content being shown to me in the thread.

I only request this, I don't really expect it to be done, though. Smile

Forgot I had this tag.

Team SuperCheats Posted: 12:18 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853124
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
X_x - I will forward the request to Mark - give him a little time to get over the big update and he should be able to applt that fix pretty easily - as long as we don't forget - so check back with me in one week (via email if possible) if it is not done.

Another couple of things, daily poll votes, thumbs, game rates are all recorded to your username, we'll be doing interesting stuff with that in your bios in the future so you (and others) can easily see how you voted for things and your favourite games.

Mark is still going through everything, getting there...
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Displaying Page 3 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close