Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

View my sig artwork

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Canadian of America Posted: 03:47 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855762
Canadian of America
Post Likes: 0
+
Look at my sigs: and if you want i can make you one.

my first example sig hope you like it

this one has a robot on it

here is one with a tediursa on it

if you request artwork i might accept your request

« Last edited by Canadian of America on Jun 14th 2010 »
WATCH OUT!!!!! HERE I COME!!!!!
Click sig to join Team Squirtle
Super Cheats Friends: Patriot X, hello all!!!, Glaceon.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
v-gamer Posted: 06:59 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855774
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Hello, this seems to be your first post in this forum. :D

Getting involved in graphics is a bit of a commitment, but if it's a hobby, then I suppose it doesn't matter. Out of the three you posted, I have to say that the first is possibly the best.

Something that I would suggest to most graphic artists is not to experiment with text, since even the most advanced artists even have trouble with it. Text can easily make or a break a tag, and with such an influence, text is usually avoided in signatures. But if you acn make it good, the sig can look a lot better.

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the text in either of these sigs, but I will say this: the font color in the first tag is a nice attribute to the tag since it matches the color of the effects.

Speaking of which, color is also a major part of signatures. Your second signature has potential, since the background effects are neat and everything. The green and blue colors match nicely with the focal. But then you have red font, which sharply contrasts the green/blue effects.

And then you have the white background of the focal in the second signature (which is the robot), and also the focal in the third sig (Teddiursa). The images you used in these sigs are called "stocks" because they have a background. If you want a focal without the background, that's called a "render." You can find a variety of renders on Planet Renders (note: you must make an account to download any renders).

Your placement of the focal is nice in the second one, although I can't exactly say that for the first or third sigs; you typically want to center the focal, but not completely center it. Yet you also don't want put the focal off to the side.

Just keep playing with signatures and effects. You will get better as time passes. Some people like to follow tutorials, and we have quite a few of those in here, but you can find other tutorials on other sites like Deviant Art. You can also google "GIMP sig tutorials" and you can find a variety of sites from there.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Canadian of America Posted: 10:00 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855804
Canadian of America
Post Likes: 0
+
thanks for the info
WATCH OUT!!!!! HERE I COME!!!!!
Click sig to join Team Squirtle
Super Cheats Friends: Patriot X, hello all!!!, Glaceon.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close