Your Account
    Log into your account here:
       Forgot Password

    Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

Old members of SC.

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 43 of 45
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:50 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456613
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
Oh I can't draw for crap either lol, but back in the day people would make step-by-step tutorials with text and images that would turn out some pretty good stuff pretty easily.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 12:08 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456626
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
AvatarMember
Posts: 28,640
Post Likes: 1,054
0
+
I have a very limited creative skillset, and by that I mean anything that doesn't really solely on my brain. XD
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:29 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456631
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
I'm mostly the same way but in the past year or so I've gotten into drawing maps. I've always been fascinated by them in books and atlases. And I found this computer program that helps you draw really nice looking ones. It's been a nice hobby to go along with writing and playing/making games.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 14:18 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456634
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
AvatarMember
Posts: 28,640
Post Likes: 1,054
0
+
My days basically consist of walking my dog, doing the most boring job in existence, and then writing. Any extra free time usually goes to the two or three tv series I'm into, or, how do I say this, other extra circular activities. ;)

Video games have been pushed to the back burner. But then again, I really only play Pokemon now and they are pretty spread out. Arceus will need time devoted to it, but Mainstream Pokemon Games only take me a weekend to knockout [not counting Shiny Hunting and Competitive Building (which I stopped caring about two or three generations ago), Pokedex completion (which I have never done nor cared about), or side events (which I only do after everything and when I'm extremely bored)].
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:52 Dec14 2021 Post ID: 3456638
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
Same here, really. Average weekday is Work, a bit of exercise, a show or movie, maybe a stream if someone I like is on, then some reading and if I feel like it I'll game for a bit. I have to work up some motivation for games these days though. On friday nights or weekends I'll hang with a friend or two.

Not the most exciting existence but it works for me right now. A bit lonely sometimes.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 20:04 Dec16 2021 Post ID: 3456661
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
AvatarMember
Posts: 28,640
Post Likes: 1,054
0
+
We are way too much alike. lol
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:28 Dec16 2021 Post ID: 3456669
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
I'd wager that that routine is what the majority of young single guys do every day lol. I probably spend more time on the computer than most though.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 15:36 Jan10 2022 Post ID: 3456848
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,735
Post Likes: 0
0
+
Old members of SC. I've been here since 2004. I make stops here every few years now. Hello. Hi.

Dude, Rich, really? Still using the same old smilies? Figured you'd've updated to 2012 by 2022. Oh well.

Hello, welcome, hi. I was a top submitter and one of the worst freaking people on this forum for awhile. What changed? I grew up. Not a teenager anymore. About to be 30. Things happen.

Anyway. I'm here this minute and probably gone the next. Take care.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 18:28 Jan10 2022 Post ID: 3456855
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
AvatarMember
Posts: 28,640
Post Likes: 1,054
0
+
All of us were cringe back in the day. Just be glad it was on here and not one of the major social networks. You're among friends. lol
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 18:40 Jan10 2022 Post ID: 3456857
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,735
Post Likes: 0
0
+
Warrior13 said:All of us were cringe back in the day. Just be glad it was on here and not one of the major social networks. You're among friends. lol

Weirdly, I feel legitimately warm and fuzzy reading this, and no, it's not the rum.

I feel kinda at home once again. Thanks.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:00 Jan10 2022 Post ID: 3456859
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
Yup, this forum definitely gives me cozy feelings. I'm not at the point where I go back and read old posts or anything but the whole design of the site just fills me with fuzzy nostalgia from the mid-late 2000s. The one thing I miss is being able to customize the colors of the site to have the dark theme with blue or green accents.

This place will always be my first internet home even if I only come here to talk sports with some old buds and don't use the main site or submit anything anymore. I think a lot of nerdy kids grew up here. It was really a perfect storm to be a young teen from 2005-2010 and have forums still be popular and real-life social media not really take off yet. I credit this place with a good chunk of my computer skills and passion for design.

A few months ago I was having one of those nostalgic conversations with a good friend from college and I mentioned this place for the first time to a real person and how important it was to me, and she didn't really understand but thought it was really sweet.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 13:19 Jan12 2022 Post ID: 3456869
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,735
Post Likes: 0
0
+
steelersrock01 said:Yup, this forum definitely gives me cozy feelings. I'm not at the point where I go back and read old posts or anything but the whole design of the site just fills me with fuzzy nostalgia from the mid-late 2000s. The one thing I miss is being able to customize the colors of the site to have the dark theme with blue or green accents.

This place will always be my first internet home even if I only come here to talk sports with some old buds and don't use the main site or submit anything anymore. I think a lot of nerdy kids grew up here. It was really a perfect storm to be a young teen from 2005-2010 and have forums still be popular and real-life social media not really take off yet. I credit this place with a good chunk of my computer skills and passion for design.

A few months ago I was having one of those nostalgic conversations with a good friend from college and I mentioned this place for the first time to a real person and how important it was to me, and she didn't really understand but thought it was really sweet.

And this, my friend, sums up my life from 2004-2007. And even beyond. This was my original home on the Internet, my first foray into online strangers and sh*t. I speak ill of my influence here, but... it was fun. I think we can all look back and go, "Hah, that was a good time." Yeah. Thanks to Rich and his sidekick for our ability to be here and converse about it.

I appreciate this site's existence and my growth from it, and the people I met. It's been great. I only come here to wax nostalgic now, but the newer members can learn from us.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:03 Jan12 2022 Post ID: 3456873
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
For sure. It's definitely an experience that "normies" can't relate to. Just being around a place like this makes you internet and computer savvy. It was crazy a few years ago when I was in college - in a tech program - and half the kids had a tough time navigating an operating system and using the Internet beyond the top 10 most popular websites. It's even worse now because everyone is used to everything being in a tightly controlled app. Let alone learning in some way to converse with strangers and having conversations not be in real time. Everything nowadays you can see when the other person reads your message and expect an instant response. I definitely learned patience back then when we still had dial-up for a while and pages took over a minute to load.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jan 12th 2022 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 00:33 Jan18 2022 Post ID: 3456927
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,735
Post Likes: 0
0
+
steelersrock01 said:For sure. It's definitely an experience that "normies" can't relate to. Just being around a place like this makes you internet and computer savvy. It was crazy a few years ago when I was in college - in a tech program - and half the kids had a tough time navigating an operating system and using the Internet beyond the top 10 most popular websites. It's even worse now because everyone is used to everything being in a tightly controlled app. Let alone learning in some way to converse with strangers and having conversations not be in real time. Everything nowadays you can see when the other person reads your message and expect an instant response. I definitely learned patience back then when we still had dial-up for a while and pages took over a minute to load.

I vibe with this sentiment.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 14:27 Feb08 2022 Post ID: 3457086
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,335
Post Likes: 33
0
+
darkboarder_77 said:Old members of SC. I've been here since 2004. I make stops here every few years now. Hello. Hi.

Dude, Rich, really? Still using the same old smilies? Figured you'd've updated to 2012 by 2022. Oh well.

Hello, welcome, hi. I was a top submitter and one of the worst freaking people on this forum for awhile. What changed? I grew up. Not a teenager anymore. About to be 30. Things happen.

Anyway. I'm here this minute and probably gone the next. Take care.


Bloody hell! Darkboarder, not someone I expected to see post again. That being said, I'm hardly more frequent a visitor than your good self. But you're high up there on the list of 'classic era nostalgia' names.

You'll probably remember me more under the nintendo_dude username. Also one involved in much of the nonsense teen drama back then! But I guess all of the 'regulars' were, to some degree, eh?

If you ever get the chance to read this - I hope all is well with you and that life is good.


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 02:10 Feb18 2022 Post ID: 3457125
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,735
Post Likes: 0
0
+
Volke said:
darkboarder_77 said:Old members of SC. I've been here since 2004. I make stops here every few years now. Hello. Hi.

Dude, Rich, really? Still using the same old smilies? Figured you'd've updated to 2012 by 2022. Oh well.

Hello, welcome, hi. I was a top submitter and one of the worst freaking people on this forum for awhile. What changed? I grew up. Not a teenager anymore. About to be 30. Things happen.

Anyway. I'm here this minute and probably gone the next. Take care.


Bloody hell! Darkboarder, not someone I expected to see post again. That being said, I'm hardly more frequent a visitor than your good self. But you're high up there on the list of 'classic era nostalgia' names.

You'll probably remember me more under the nintendo_dude username. Also one involved in much of the nonsense teen drama back then! But I guess all of the 'regulars' were, to some degree, eh?

If you ever get the chance to read this - I hope all is well with you and that life is good.

Holy ****, it's you. I remember you!

Yeah, sorry for all that **** back then. We've all grown up now. How've you been, man?

Edit: They have profanity filters now, eh? Well damn.

Edit 2: Apparently, editing a post gets around the filters. Nifty. (Probably banworthy if done intentionally.)

Edit 3: Never mind; the filter's back. Damnit.

« Last edited by darkboarder_77 on Feb 18th 2022 »
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:48 Feb18 2022 Post ID: 3457128
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
I think the filter's always been there.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 04:20 Feb19 2022 Post ID: 3457134
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,735
Post Likes: 0
0
+
steelersrock01 said:I think the filter's always been there.

Yeah, I don't remember anymore. I'll just put a cute little star on sh*t from now on since the forum's too dead for the admins to care anyway.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:30 Feb19 2022 Post ID: 3457135
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 16,589
Post Likes: 162
0
+
Yeah that's the way to do it. There's some words that aren't blocked too, like jackass. Not too much reason to use "bad" words here nowadays anyway
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted: 14:30 Feb19 2022 Post ID: 3457138
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,735
Post Likes: 0
0
+
Eh. It's just how I talk. I'm more used to comment sections than forums at this point; it's weird compressing myself back down into something forum-compliant. Not like I'll be around much anyway.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 43 of 45
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.
Sign Up Register for free.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close